The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fusilier On Hold???

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
If, and it is a big if, the EU ban on new ICE vehicles comes into force in 2035, the Grenadier will be export only.
It also appears that small volume manufacturers will be exempt. Morgan for example. So maybe IG will still be able to sell a limited amount of vehicles in the EU.
Well, by that time, presuming it doesn’t change and Grenadier does well outside Europe, they should be able to hit their sales goals, even excluding Europe. I haven’t seen any figures lately

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave. Let’s do a Grenadier owner’s BBQ at your place - we can watch the mushroom clouds go up, and you can get one last listen to the Bangles “Eternal Flame” before we’re incinerated in the blast wave. Very fitting.
I thought this BBQ should take place in NZ.
That is why the super rich did purchase land there the last years. Isn’t it?
But we all are to late now as the immigration rules changed to make sure the less rich can’t follow.
Which is okay for me as it should be a countries right to decide who is welcome and who isn’t.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You must travel more , and experience world cuisine :)
https://porkshop.co.uk/uncle-daves-sausage/
Well, I’m out of the US at least 10 times a year - but there’s one sentiment that simply fails to become ensconced in my psyche - “Looking for something good - I KNOW, let’s go out for BRITISH FOOD!” The only thing saving those poor bastards is the tikka masala, and they even manage to mess that up. And now the Freudian association of that image with DaveB - it’s 6:48 AM here. Time to start drinking the nightmare away. By the time I get to mass, I will be well and truly sozzled.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
Well, I’m out of the US at least 10 times a year - but there’s one sentiment that simply fails to become ensconced in my psyche - “Looking for something good - I KNOW, let’s go out for BRITISH FOOD!” The only thing saving those poor bastards is the tikka masala, and they even manage to mess that up. And now the Freudian association of that image with DaveB - it’s 6:48 AM here. Time to start drinking the nightmare away. By the time I get to mass, I will be well and truly sozzled.
Although the only thing rivalling British food in terms of bland is American cheese.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Although the only thing rivalling British food in terms of bland is American cheese.
I’m from Wisconsin - “The Dairy State.” You just started WWIII. TBH it’s pretty bad. Their idea of spicy is ketchup (or catsup, whatever floats your boat). As a native of SoCal, it’s rough. German food with an American twist. But the cheese is fantastic, so you take that back.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
I’m from Wisconsin - “The Dairy State.” You just started WWIII. TBH it’s pretty bad. Their idea of spicy is ketchup (or catsup, whatever floats your boat). As a native of SoCal, it’s rough. German food with an American twist. But the cheese is fantastic, so you take that back.
I would take it back if spray cheese did not exist.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
TBH, Wisconsinites are not the ones to start a war - they are called “the Canadians of America.” If someone bumps into them, THEY apologize to the person who bumped into them. Even the “Toot” button is considered an unhinged act of aggression- you can tell they are white-hot mad because their smile seems slightly less sincere when they offer to buy you a beer. And they only buy you one beer. Then you know you’ve really pissed them off.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would take it back if spray cheese did not exist.
Ok, a very painful chapter in American history. Edwin Traisman invented both Cheese Whiz AND worked with Ray Kroc on the freezing technique for McDonalds french fries - and was at the University of Wisconsin Food Research Institute. The same place, mind you, that hosts the World Cross Fit games every year and is a platinum level bicycle friendly community. “A pioneer of American cuisine . . .” I miss my taco trucks.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
You just can’t generalize a country’s food and drink, at least not America. Sure, they have horrible coffee in places, as does Canada. Starbucks, Tim Hortons, or really any chain that gets beyond a certain age or volume has to dumb it down and settle for bulk quality.

But if someone hasn’t sampled good roasters and careful pullers and brewers from the western US or Canada… they are missing out. Phenomenally good coffee in all the western states in my experience. It may not be the first drive through off the interstate. Ask someone younger than 35 and they’ll point you in the right direction!

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
American cawfee is pretty crap also
As an American, I can wholy #agree.
'American' coffee is all imported and at best grown 'locally' (more likely imported) and able to provide harvest in half a dozen years. At Best. Otherwise expect either burnt (thank you'Bucks) or well boiled (thank you Mc'd/DD).
Of course you can find an exception here or there, however It seems to be more about maintaining the 'Status Quo' for as little as humanly possible.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
'American' coffee is all imported and at best grown 'locally' (more likely imported) and able to provide harvest in half a dozen years. At Best. Otherwise expect either burnt (thank you'Bucks) or well boiled (thank you Mc'd/DD).
Of course you can find an exception here or there, however It seems to be more about maintaining the 'Status Quo' for as little as humanly possible.
Great - you guys have now pissed off all the polite Wisconsinites about their cheese, and every hipster / goth between Vancouver and San Francisco. Prepare for their wrath - no Friday fish fry invitations in Wisconsin, and some FIERCE snark on social media from people with a lot of facial piercing. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Australia was pretty much the same until we had a lot of Italians move here after WWII
Now every cafe or restaurant coffee starts out as an Espresso shot or two, freshly ground and brewed.
This is the same in many homes as well.
Although there are also a lot of Bialetti Moka pots around as well.

Originally there were 3 options.
  • Flat white’: started as a coffee with double espresso and steamed milk with a bit of foam
  • ‘Long black’: a double shot of espresso poured over hot water
  • ‘Short black’: a single shot of espresso
Now there are Espresso-based drinks like:
  • Espresso
  • Double Espresso
  • Mocha
  • Short Black
  • Long Black
  • Flat White
  • Cappuccino
  • Piccolo
  • Latte
  • Macchiato
Worst coffee I have ever had was in Vaasa Finland
There was a large pot of warm black liquid on the dining table that tasted like nothing, when I asked for coffee the waitress pointed to it.
When I said no a real coffee she said oh...American and got a drip filter coffee for me.
Still unbelievably weak.
I gave up.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Great - you guys have now pissed off all the polite Wisconsinites about their cheese, and every hipster / goth between Vancouver and San Francisco. Prepare for their wrath - no Friday fish fry invitations in Wisconsin, and some FIERCE snark on social media from people with a lot of facial piercing. Don’t say you weren’t warned.
I thought they just meant American Cheese not the various styles of Chedders, etc.

Back
Top Bottom