The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos signals worrying strategies

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
That's wild. In North America, the "tradesman edition" of a truck or van implies entry level of trim. i.e. the cheapest edition, ready for customizing or hard use, so carpets, headliners, upholstery, sound systems, sound proofing, wheels, etc. are very basic.
If a company is buying it it will be basic, however if the tradie is buying it for personal use it will be cream.
Here's your American style utes used in Australia followed by Toyota equivalents.

1722755093784.png1722755234144.png

Jeroendecker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
I agree with this but brand promise is a real thing and any business owner thinks long and hard about what promises a brand makes to its customers.

It's incredibly hard to deliver a capable overlanding brand promise that also is a luxury high $$$ brand. Even the AMG/MB brand split struggled with this forcing Mercedes to move it's entire g class solidly into the luxury category after trying to thread that needle between utility and luxury for years.

Of all business strategies available for brand extension available to Ineos I think the hardest is to make a trim like arcane works help them reach a new buyer and creating a new brand promise and extracting Bentley type of dollars.

I also don't think that Ineos the company nor it's executive leadership have faced these types of questions before.

As I said it worries me. I worry that in the end it becomes another shopping mall crawler SUV that competes with the Porsche cayenne or the Bentayga because that's where the dollars are. I don't really identify with that buyer group and I really identify with the Ineos brand promise of rugged capability that has been told to me over the past few years as I followed along in development.

Final point. I wish to thank everyone for the civilized discussion. I enjoy hearing all of your viewpoints.
You make excellent points Parb and very valid to be worried. I find that keeping focussed on my original intent is what ensures a right flow towards the vision. BUT it is also one of tbe hardest things to keep getting right as we are challenged with all manner of fears and desires which we might attach to. I share your worry. Keeping to my core intent of why I want do things despite my fears and desires, is my greatest achievement every day :). I am hopeful the founder of Ineos is able to navigate those same fears and desires wisely. Let's see what the future holds as it is a mystery. Today, as I sit in my Grenadier, feels like a gift... I guess that's why the call it the present. (*creatively quoted Eleanor Roosevelt there ;-)

Love and light
JD

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
I still see people who have the seat wound back and low down like a sports car, they seem to always have a problem with the Grenadier.
A couple of months ago I ran into one of the owners in Brisbane who was complaining about the seat.
I adjusted his seat to my position and he said it was strange, like driving a bus, but after a week he said he loved it.

Seat adjustment is critical - I initially had my seat too high, and it caused some discomfort. Once I adjusted it down slightly, its been perfect. I never considered putting it in a low, sporty position.

Back
Top Bottom