The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer default locations for US pre-order

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
I see you live in Arkansas. 'Nuff said.....
A great place it is. Drive you Grenadier here when you can and my wife and I will be happy to cook you steaks or, better yet, chicken gumbo, shrimp creole or crawfish etouffee. Heck, you can even bring YellowLab along!

Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
A great place it is. Drive you Grenadier here when you can and my wife and I will be happy to cook you steaks or, better yet, chicken gumbo, shrimp creole or crawfish etouffee. Heck, you can even bring YellowLab along!

I didn't know Cajun food was allowed outside of Louisiana! Damn fine cuisine for sure! I was fortunate enough to spend some (brief) time in Arkansas a few years ago, drove around while looking at colleges. Stayed in Petit-Jean State Park, did some other Ozark ouristy stuff, def a beautiful place with very friendly people!

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even better idea - I'll just mark you as ignore.

The only good idea you have had.
Sometimes one wonders if some posting here actually have a Grenadier on order as they seem to be bashing the very product they are buying. I have never understood that and have always thought it best to be positive and to talk up the item to be purchased. No whines from me on anything Ineos has brought forward, especially since it is not in my possession, and to do so is very speculative to say the least. Best to deal with facts and not assumptions that some have dreamed up.
Perhaps the better idea would be for you to remove yourself from this forum.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
The only good idea you have had.
Sometimes one wonders if some posting here actually have a Grenadier on order as they seem to be bashing the very product they are buying. I have never understood that and have always thought it best to be positive and to talk the item to be purchased up. No whines from me on anything Ineos has brought forward, especially since it is not in my possession, and to do so is very speculative to say the least. Best to deal with facts and not assumptions that some have dreamed up.
Perhaps the better idea would be for you to remove yourself from this forum.
If a person chooses to view this website as a brain trust for an emerging vehicle, it’s easy to stay positive for the future.
Clarity is valuable when data is aggregating.
I’m sure there are factory reps reading every post with a complaint or praise, and categorizing them by engineering, manufacturing, or customer service.
It’s an efficient way to make running changes. And improve the ownership experience.
Other stuff, well, it’s not for me.
Why spend $100,000.00 US, and be unhappy about it?
My unit with destination charges, title, plates, sales tax, etc. will be in the 90’s.
That’s not a tinker toy.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
If a person chooses to view this website as a brain trust for an emerging vehicle, it’s easy to stay positive for the future.
Clarity is valuable when data is aggregating.
I’m sure there are factory reps reading every post with a complaint or praise, and categorizing them by engineering, manufacturing, or customer service.
It’s an efficient way to make running changes. And improve the ownership experience.
Other stuff, well, it’s not for me.
Why spend $100,000.00 US, and be unhappy about it?
My unit with destination charges, title, plates, sales tax, etc. will be in the 90’s.
That’s not a tinker toy.
I completely agree that Ineos is reading these posts and put the feedback to good use. Fortunately Ineos has had time to iron out the bugs (Thank you to the early adaptors and their patience) so assume we will see many of the issues fixed. I'd bet we'll still have the odd gremlin to contend with - but so far the issues have been relatively minor from what I've read here - nothing like engine or transmission problems. On the dealer front - the one for our state has multiple outlets - I would imagine they will have more than one place for service too over time.

It's just time to sit back and wait - I'd suspect that even with the 'in production' notification that we won't seen anything until early January at best.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's just time to sit back and wait - I'd suspect that even with the 'in production' notification that we won't seen anything until early January at best.
I got confirmation a few days ago from a source at Ineos US that they are in fact ahead of schedule and the US will see November deliveries. I'm not holding my breath one way or the other, but it is a positive thing to hear

Local time
Reaction score
Truthfully, I don’t care when they deliver it.
I’ll probably fly to Chicago and have them pick me up at the airport.
The only thing that would change my mind now is some kind of ridiculous extra charges that show me they don’t have integrity. With the US dealership structure, I can’t guarantee that it will be a level playing field.
I’ve been a part of this since it was a notion on a napkin, so I don’t want them to let me down now.

My birthday is in April, and that will work just fine.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got confirmation a few days ago from a source at Ineos US that they are in fact ahead of schedule and the US will see November deliveries. I'm not holding my breath one way or the other, but it is a positive thing to hear
Great news! Figure we will be about 2-3 weeks later in the Western US depending if they unload in Savannah, GA and rail to the west coast or they take the slow boat through the canal.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Truthfully, I don’t care when they deliver it.
I’ll probably fly to Chicago and have them pick me up at the airport.
The only thing that would change my mind now is some kind of ridiculous extra charges that show me they don’t have integrity. With the US dealership structure, I can’t guarantee that it will be a level playing field.
I’ve been a part of this since it was a notion on a napkin, so I don’t want them to let me down now.

My birthday is in April, and that will work just fine.
I would bet a quick call to the dealer next week will confirm if they will honor the pre-order price or not. My gut is the dealers will probably be ok but nail anyone coming into the door to order one from a $$ standpoint. A couple folks have talked about finding dealers that will honor and not mark up. Would bet we could move our deliveries if that is the case to another state - but we'll see.

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dang, the negativity amongst us Americans is incredible. How about less complaining about all of the things (price, location, travel time, inconveniences, politics, etc) and just be happy that we’re actually getting a pretty cool vehicle (soonish). Isn’t that what this forum is supposed to be about?

More cool Grenadier talk, less entitlement. Namaste.
You’re right, let’s completely disregard any kind of practical thought and logic and just hope for unicorns, rainbows and pixie dust…because anything else would be considered, “complaining’ and “entitlement”.

By definition and context in the way that word is being used these days, every one of us here (including you) would be considered entitled for being able to purchase a $75-$95K vehicle. So how about we stop with the name calling and labeling.

This forum, like every other one I’ve been on is filled with a diverse range of people from all walks of life. It’s not meant to be an echo chamber only filled with IG Fan Bois.

However if you have to label me, call me cautiously optimistic 🫣🤡🙏….I’ll tell you how I really feel in @24hrs after IG gives us a much needed update🤞🏻🤞🏻

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You’re right, let’s completely disregard any kind of practical thought and logic and just hope for unicorns, rainbows and pixie dust…because anything else would be considered, “complaining’ and “entitlement”.

By definition and context in the way that word is being used these days, every one of us here (including you) would be considered entitled for being able to purchase a $75-$95K vehicle. So how about we stop with the name calling and labeling.

This forum, like every other one I’ve been on is filled with a diverse range of people from all walks of life. It’s not meant to be an echo chamber only filled with IG Fan Bois.

However if you have to label me, call me cautiously optimistic 🫣🤡🙏….I’ll tell you how I really feel in @24hrs after IG gives us a much needed update🤞🏻🤞🏻
Well said sir! I think we are all cautiously optimistic and guarded that our inner tonka truck kids are balanced by reality or not in denial of it.

We all want this to be bulletproof and live up to the emotional side of our want…

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Awesome man! Love is all I have in my heart. And, I’m totally stoked for dealer day tomorrow! What a great day!
-Proud (and Entitled) IG Fan Boi

Local time
Reaction score
Just remember it's a car.
It looks like most, if not all, US deliveries will have all the running changes in place, except maybe the revised door seals.
We don't have to worry about issues related to the diesel.
Software upgrades seem to be effective in reducing targeted complaints.
Lots of ROW drivers getting good mileage down, and I've never read a towing complaint.
I've yet to read about high altitude towing concerns.
Hopefully I'm not the first.

Unless a real deposit has been made, I'm not actually sure what constitutes an order based on the agency arrangement used for US dealers.
I can't imagine IA building and shipping 10,000 vehicles (built to US spec), on the come.

I'm not sure exactly why they didn't use the Tesla model for direct sales. Car dealers have monopoly like protections in the US. Not very democratic.

It will be interesting to hear what my dealer has to say when they call me.

Local time
Reaction score
Off topic. Is there a forum for US/Canada Aftermarket Accessory Distributors or Manufacturers? I didn't see one, but maybe I just missed it. Black Sheep Innovations, Melvill and Moon, etc. are great but shipping adds a lot to the cost, not to mention you can't see it prior, and returns or warranty issues could be a nightmare.

If there is one, please provide the link. Thanks

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

"So how about we stop with the name calling and labeling" ...." IG Fan Bois"

Kettle calling the pot black. :rolleyes:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't know Cajun food was allowed outside of Louisiana! Damn fine cuisine for sure! I was fortunate enough to spend some (brief) time in Arkansas a few years ago, drove around while looking at colleges. Stayed in Petit-Jean State Park, did some other Ozark ouristy stuff, def a beautiful place with very friendly people!
Without having been there, I immediately believe that. I only know the Ozark Mountain Daredevils from listening.

Back
Top Bottom