The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer default locations for US pre-order

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
Pay them enough to have it delivered. Why stop now!
Pay them enough to have it delivered. Why stop now!
Jeff:

I'm not worried about delivery - more concerned with scheduled service and any issues that need a dealer fix. The back and forth would basically suck.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
NA people should be reassured that most of the issues (this forum has discovered them all) have been recognised and solved, if not fixed quite yet for all the early adopters.
If driving through LA is the problem , it will be a problem regardless of brand I would have thought..
It's the distance to drive for any kind of service - scheduled or otherwise that is the only issue since they only have 1 for the metro area versus 54 BMW dealers. Now, the number of vehicles made is obviously different....

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Friends with Rivians and Teslas get that treatment, but even then they've had to take it in for stuff the mobile tech can't do.
The plan from Ineos has been to have remote service in certain areas through a third party.

However, regarding long drives to a dealer... I've gotta ask, what else would you expect with a brand new car company on its first year in the country? Having 18 dealers in the Continental US seems pretty decent, with the plan to expand that substantially over the next 18 months as the Quartermaster is (allegedly) added to the line up as well as the other future models that have been talked about

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Frankly, I find that hard to believe as most of the individuals on the events we went to did not expect the price that we were eventually greeted with.
With most of the reservation holders I spoke with, the expected starting price was around $80-85k; in certain locales including South Florida, LA, and Georgia, I had a number of reservation holders tell me they were confident it would start "just under $100k" and be up to $125k with all the options. Of course, I spoke with a number of folks who were expecting something closer to the initial 2019/2020-era $50k pricing, but after driving the vehicles most agreed that there was no way the pricing would be that low. Even amongst many of us drivers for the PTO2 tour, we expected north of $80k for a starting price.

I certainly have no reason to make that fact up, whatever the vehicles sell for is their price; and if it was lower, I certainly wouldn't be complaining, because that's a smaller check to cut when mine shows up; but, the price is what it is, either you're on board with it or you aren't

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
With most of the reservation holders I spoke with, the expected starting price was around $80-85k; in certain locales including South Florida, LA, and Georgia, I had a number of reservation holders tell me they were confident it would start "just under $100k" and be up to $125k with all the options. Of course, I spoke with a number of folks who were expecting something closer to the initial 2019/2020-era $50k pricing, but after driving the vehicles most agreed that there was no way the pricing would be that low. Even amongst many of us drivers for the PTO2 tour, we expected north of $80k for a starting price.

I certainly have no reason to make that fact up, whatever the vehicles sell for is their price; and if it was lower, I certainly wouldn't be complaining, because that's a smaller check to cut when mine shows up; but, the price is what it is, either you're on board with it or you aren't
Maybe all the cheap folks live in Texas and Arkansas as we thought prices should be in the $67,500 to $75,000 range for what was spec'd out and drive. ;)

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned there will only be 2 dealers in Southern California given that we have 24 million people and are larger than New York State - here a 30 mile drive for service can be pure hell on earth from a traffic standpoint -
I have to drive 5 1/2 hours. One way, so, 11 hour trip to the dealer and back. And, that is with Dallas traffic on a good day. Still, not a deal breaker for me.

Local time
Reaction score
The plan from Ineos has been to have remote service in certain areas through a third party.

However, regarding long drives to a dealer... I've gotta ask, what else would you expect with a brand new car company on its first year in the country? Having 18 dealers in the Continental US seems pretty decent, with the plan to expand that substantially over the next 18 months as the Quartermaster is (allegedly) added to the line up as well as the other future models that have been talked about

I didn't expect anything, however I was hoping for something closer. For me, that would have been Columbia SC, Savannah GA, and some other larger areas. Or a partnership with a mobile repair service a la the other dealers. May still get those options, who knows. Maybe the "Bosch certified" network will be able to do enough for it to be fine. We all know the US is huge, and to expect a full dealer network at launch isn't reasonable, I'm just pointing out I think people's distance to dealer/repair will become a bigger pain point when it's time to put real money down for one of these rigs.

Local time
Reaction score
All that worry about something that hasn't happened, may not happen, or if it does happen won't happen until you get your vehicle in 6 months.
Is it really worth while?
More planning than worry, and I'm assuming a much larger down payment will be due once we hear from the dealers. So just time to actually work out the realities of life with (or without) a Gren. Definitely a cool, unique, and capable vehicle. Hopefully a long term success with minimal short term pain from the initial supporters.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
The distance of the dealer could drive me to a new Range Rover. Driving over an hour each way to a dealership gives me little to get excited about given the pure hell of LA driving. I've been following this car with great interest since announced almost 3 years ago and reserved my IG the day those were opened in 2021. I'm passionate about the car - and even ordered all the goodies I wanted. But when I will not drive or pick up anyone - including my wife - to LAX allows you to gauge my traffic temperament. We'll see - today might just be a bad Monday...
Over an hour! Oh, the huge manitee! My delivering dealer is in SLC, UT. 12 hours / 803 miles away. That's an airline ticket or two and overnight hotel stay when I take delivery. I'm on the SE side of Tucson, AZ. Ineos' future plans for the next year or maybe two are to have a service center somewhere near Phoenix, which is over 2 hours drive from me.

TRAILMASTER

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Over an hour! Oh, the huge manitee! My delivering dealer is in SLC, UT. 12 hours / 803 miles away. That's an airline ticket or two and overnight hotel stay when I take delivery. I'm on the SE side of Tucson, AZ. Ineos' future plans for the next year or maybe two are to have a service center somewhere near Phoenix, which is over 2 hours drive from me.
Newport Beach, CA is less than 500 miles (7 1/2 hours) from Tucson, so suggest you change delivering dealer once officially announced.

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hehehe, it's not the delivery, it's paying to get it back and forth for software updates, leaking seals, bings and bongs, steering problems, install of not-yet-delivered accessories, etc etc etc. I'm one of the ones staring down a 10 hour round trip,which, lets be honest, is completely moronic to even consider dealing with. Would be nice to have a mobile tech solution, but I don't think they have the resources to pull that off. Friends with Rivians and Teslas get that treatment, but even then they've had to take it in for stuff the mobile tech can't do.

It doesn't look like the Grenadier is for you....a lot of angst for a truck.

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Yep - I expected 80K to just under 100K with most options.

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to drive 5 1/2 hours. One way, so, 11 hour trip to the dealer and back. And, that is with Dallas traffic on a good day. Still, not a deal breaker for me.
It’s 11hrs if you literally turned around and came right home. The problem is that your service will take half a day, or worst yet, needs to stay there for a few days because they have to order parts.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s 11hrs if you literally turned around and came right home. The problem is that your service will take half a day, or worst yet, needs to stay there for a few days because they have to order parts.
One of the best regarded Toyota aftermarket shops in Maryland is literally <5 miles from us). However, the shop that builds our vehicles and maintains them is in North Carolina (been their customer for years), door to door with no traffic and one stop is around 6hrs each way; while having my girlfriend's Tacoma re-geared last month I just rolled that upgrade into a 6 day visit to NC (2 days for gears + big brake kit to be installed, 2 days of driving around to do the 500mi break in, and 1 day of helping teach an off road class); then heading back home. In the winter when I don't feel like laying on a cold driveway to do an oil change, guess what? 12 hour round trip time!

Bottom line, if it's for something you want, dozen hour drives aren't that bad. Similar reason to why we are buying from the NC dealer, although the Philly dealer is literally 5 hours closer.

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think many people made it through the pre-order phase who aren't quite intent on purchasing; if they were questionable about it, why go through with the pre-order?
My reason was because $450 was a small enough amount to pay to get a good spot in line and to give the process a chance to develop. And obviously from then to now, there hasn’t been anymore financial obligation, so why not let it play out some more. $450 gives you options and there’s nothing to loose at this point.

For those who are all in, good for them. I am not. Too many unknowns that have yet to be answered by Ineos/dealers. I’m sold on the truck. What I am not sold on (yet) is Ineos and dealer support and logistics. Things should become clearer for me after the dealer network is announced.

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One of the best regarded Toyota aftermarket shops in Maryland is literally <5 miles from us). However, the shop that builds our vehicles and maintains them is in North Carolina (been their customer for years), door to door with no traffic and one stop is around 6hrs each way; while having my girlfriend's Tacoma re-geared last month I just rolled that upgrade into a 6 day visit to NC (2 days for gears + big brake kit to be installed, 2 days of driving around to do the 500mi break in, and 1 day of helping teach an off road class); then heading back home. In the winter when I don't feel like laying on a cold driveway to do an oil change, guess what? 12 hour round trip time!

Bottom line, if it's for something you want, dozen hour drives aren't that bad. Similar reason to why we are buying from the NC dealer, although the Philly dealer is literally 5 hours closer.
I gotcha. I used to live in MD and still make the trip up a few times a year. The difference for me is that a trip because you want to do something is much easier than a trip you have to go for.

If I do follow through, maybe we’ll run into each other since the NC dealer is my choice also.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
True, and now am thinking Colorado Springs as service could be wrapped into a vacation.

Back
Top Bottom