The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer default locations for US pre-order

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned there will only be 2 dealers in Southern California given that we have 24 million people and are larger than New York State - here a 30 mile drive for service can be pure hell on earth from a traffic standpoint -

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi Krabby, Did my pre-order today 5-31-2023. I am at the coast in Ventura County, California. Santa Barbara is 45 min north of me and LA is 1 hour south of me. Ineos said in my pre-order that I would eventually be connected up with an Ineos Dealership somewhere in LA.
I'm guessing that mean Santa Barbara is not getting an Ineos Dealership.
DaBull
I'm in Santa Barbara. I wonder if Ineos considered the Santa Barbara Auto Group. Porsche, Land Rover, MBZ, Audi, Jaguar, BMW, and Acura. They seem like the likely choice, but I wonder if Ineos will pick any dealers that already carry Land Rover? Will Ford want it to compete with their own Bronco? Down the street is Chrysler/Jeep. Same question. I hope it's not Chevy or Toyota!!

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in Santa Barbara. I wonder if Ineos considered the Santa Barbara Auto Group. Porsche, Land Rover, MBZ, Audi, Jaguar, BMW, and Acura. They seem like the likely choice, but I wonder if Ineos will pick a dealer that already carries Land Rover? Will Ford want it to compete with their own Bronco? Down the street is Chrysler/Jeep. Same question. I hope it's not Chevy or Toyota!!
I've heard that Rusnak Auto Group that does RR, Bentley, Porsche, Jaguar, Maserati, Audi, BMW, Volvo, Landrover and MB etc - is the IG dealer for SoCal - hopefully in their WESTLAKE VILLAGE dealership area versus Pasadena or further east....I've bought the last 4 cars from Rusnak and they are very good to work with

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
I've heard that Rusnak Auto Group that does RR, Bentley, Porsche, Jaguar, Maserati, Audi, BMW, Volvo, Landrover and MB etc - is the IG dealer for SoCal - hopefully in their WESTLAKE VILLAGE dealership area versus Pasadena or further east....I've bought the last 4 cars from Rusnak and they are very good to work with
Rusnak supposedly has the LA store; there will also be a SD store (Mossy), and according to one post on here, there may be an OC store given that the Philly dealer (RDS) also has locations in OC.

@Jeffrey the dealer process was much the other way around, it wasn't Ineos Automotive finding dealers, it was dealer groups reaching out to Ineos to get their franchise; in many areas there were a handful (or more) dealers trying to get approved for the franchise.

Additionally, the initial round of dealer locations (those opening at launch) are centered around where the initial reservation holder populations were

Local time
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see how many of us (including potentially me) finally cancel our pre-order after the dealer announcement. Between the reality of having a very distant dealer and the economic delta of today's prices/interest rates/etc vs when the reservations were made, they could be in for a decent reduction in orders.

Reactions: CB

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Snagged off of Facebook, apparently its gone now but person was able to get the info last week via zip code. Screenshot_20230925_115522_Chrome.jpg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see how many of us (including potentially me) finally cancel our pre-order after the dealer announcement. Between the reality of having a very distant dealer and the economic delta of today's prices/interest rates/etc vs when the reservations were made, they could be in for a decent reduction in orders.
Interesting reason, haven't heard that one before.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Generalized (not so broad) dealer locations have been available for months, and the pricing is the pricing. Lots has changed in the world since the very first "mentions" of a price were whispered.

I don't think many people made it through the pre-order phase who aren't quite intent on purchasing; if they were questionable about it, why go through with the pre-order?

The conversion rates from reservation to pre-order were pretty much on par with expectations, while the non-reservation pre-order numbers were higher than expected; taking those into consideration I'm pretty confident that any "drop off" at this point forward is either already accounted for or will only serve to help dealers move "in-stock" units to the masses when people start seeing Grenadiers on the road and go "what is that and where can I get one"

FWIW, and I know I've mentioned this before, but through the hundreds of people I had in my vehicles during the PTO2 tour and hundreds more I chatted with all over the country at events, the vast majority (75% or greater) were expecting a substantially higher price point than what was announced (myself included)

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
FWIW, and I know I've mentioned this before, but through the hundreds of people I had in my vehicles during the PTO2 tour and hundreds more I chatted with all over the country at events, the vast majority (75% or greater) were expecting a substantially higher price point than what was announced (myself included)
Frankly, I find that hard to believe as most of the individuals on the events we went to did not expect the price that we were eventually greeted with.

Local time
Reaction score
Generalized (not so broad) dealer locations have been available for months, and the pricing is the pricing. Lots has changed in the world since the very first "mentions" of a price were whispered.

I don't think many people made it through the pre-order phase who aren't quite intent on purchasing; if they were questionable about it, why go through with the pre-order?

The conversion rates from reservation to pre-order were pretty much on par with expectations, while the non-reservation pre-order numbers were higher than expected; taking those into consideration I'm pretty confident that any "drop off" at this point forward is either already accounted for or will only serve to help dealers move "in-stock" units to the masses when people start seeing Grenadiers on the road and go "what is that and where can I get one"

I just hope Ineos Finance buys down the rate, as 80% of US consumers finance their vehicles. It would be a shame to bring to market a superb vehicle, only for it to languish due to interest rates.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score

I hope for Ineos this all works out. However, I personally know 3 people with pre-orders, all were excited early on and now are on the verge of cancelling. I think this forum is full of mostly steadfast order/reservation holders, but I think it'll be interesting to see what happens. It was easy to go from reservation to pre-order, so if your $450 was already in you just let it ride a bit longer and built what you wanted. Now once the rubber hits the road and you have to sign w/a real dealer and put "real money" down, I think there will be a decent number of people who bail out. A significant number? Doubtful, bu I think it'll be more now than if we were here a year ago. Maybe it'll just be good for order holders further back in the queue hehe.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The distance of the dealer could drive me to a new Range Rover. Driving over an hour each way to a dealership gives me little to get excited about given the pure hell of LA driving. I've been following this car with great interest since announced almost 3 years ago and reserved my IG the day those were opened in 2021. I'm passionate about the car - and even ordered all the goodies I wanted. But when I will not drive or pick up anyone - including my wife - to LAX allows you to gauge my traffic temperament. We'll see - today might just be a bad Monday...

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For me? Absolutely zero percent chance, zilch, nada, no-way.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The distance of the dealer could drive me to a new Range Rover. Driving over an hour each way to a dealership gives me little to get excited about given the pure hell of LA driving. I've been following this car with great interest since announced almost 3 years ago and reserved my IG the day those were opened in 2021. I'm passionate about the car - and even ordered all the goodies I wanted. But when I will not drive or pick up anyone - including my wife - to LAX allows you to gauge my traffic temperament. We'll see - today might just be a bad Monday...
Pay them enough to have it delivered. Why stop now!

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
MAINLINEHello all - if you’ve placed your preorder you were given a default dealer who I believe will be geographically closest to you. I thought we could look at this since we don’t actually know where they’ll be.

I am along the coast of NJ and the distance from my house to Philly is about 55 miles and to NYC about 90.

What about others?

Throwing a total GUESS - BMW Mainline / New Country Auto Group LINK
5 States/25 Locations- could cover whole NE

View attachment 7814246
The RDS Dealer Group has been granted the franchise. They have Maserati of the Main Line, Porsche, McLaren and more.

Local time
Reaction score
Pay them enough to have it delivered. Why stop now!
Hehehe, it's not the delivery, it's paying to get it back and forth for software updates, leaking seals, bings and bongs, steering problems, install of not-yet-delivered accessories, etc etc etc. I'm one of the ones staring down a 10 hour round trip,which, lets be honest, is completely moronic to even consider dealing with. Would be nice to have a mobile tech solution, but I don't think they have the resources to pull that off. Friends with Rivians and Teslas get that treatment, but even then they've had to take it in for stuff the mobile tech can't do.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
Hehehe, it's not the delivery, it's paying to get it back and forth for software updates, leaking seals, bings and bongs, steering problems, install of not-yet-delivered accessories, etc etc etc. I'm one of the ones staring down a 10 hour round trip,which, lets be honest, is completely moronic to even consider dealing with. Would be nice to have a mobile tech solution, but I don't think they have the resources to pull that off. Friends with Rivians and Teslas get that treatment, but even then they've had to take it in for stuff the mobile tech can't do.
All that worry about something that hasn't happened, may not happen, or if it does happen won't happen until you get your vehicle in 6 months.
Is it really worth while?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
NA people should be reassured that most of the issues (this forum has discovered them all) have been recognised and solved, if not fixed quite yet for all the early adopters.
If driving through LA is the problem , it will be a problem regardless of brand I would have thought..

Back
Top Bottom