The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Coolant hose ~ damage / holed

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
Spent many years on forums for many different makes. All the same for all vehicles, enthusiast owners always find all the flaws and share and solve them as a group and the less enthusiastic ones end up on forums when they experience a problem and are looking for solutions. Those who don’t have problems and don’t go looking usually never end up on forums. There are issues, they will be solved over time, some by manufacturer some by aftermarket and some by enthusiasts. The lack of follow through on promises of detailed information from the manufacturer is though a disappointment I must say. I believe we will eventually get something but later and not as freely available as we were led to believe it seems.
Hi
I have never been a member of a car forum before (that I can recall) and this one is certainly growing into an amazing venture.
Like it or not this is a very modern vehicle but it is being treated like an old classic car or 4WD.
Considering vehicles have only been in the hands of owners for 6-9 months we have learnt as much about them as others vehicle forums expose in years.
As another person pointed out @Jean Mercier has stripped his Grenadier down to component parts and @DCPU and a few others aren't far behind.
I think if they start allowing factory tours for these guys they are going to start to strip down the assembly line workers.

Local time
Reaction score
Wow, just wow, yet another thread highlighting major issues, every time I convince myself “ it’s not that bad just order one “ another problem arises.
Maybe I should stop looking at this forum
Anyway the question is, why so many guesses on what’s what and what goes where?
One of the big sales pitches and a major incentive for me is the access to workshop manuals with all technical data available to the customer and all workshops.
Has this been another well maybe, na not really moment?
Head over to a LR or Jeep forum, you'll quickly run back here. ;) All makes have their 'character building' flaws.

Local time
Reaction score
Head over to a LR or Jeep forum, you'll quickly run back here. ;) All makes have their 'character building' flaws.
I have been a LR owner for nearly 20 years, done over 750,000 km in them over that time, had 3 brake downs , been a member of a LR forum for over 15 years, spent 15 years in the automotive industry and spent 8 years running my own business in the automotive industry before moving to telecommunications and audio visual.
I think I know a thing or to about cars and tech so no need to look elsewhere

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
Will be interesting to look when I get my car back as it looks like the bracket in the photo is different to how it was installed in my car....I may be wrong...
That will be interesting to know - hopefully you can share that with us.

The only photo I have doesn't quite show the clamping arrangements, I might have to take a second look:
WP_20230611_11_06_06_Pro.jpg

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
That will be interesting to know - hopefully you can share that with us.

The only photo I have doesn't quite show the clamping arrangements, I might have to take a second look:
View attachment 7823328
If youu do the bolts on the rhs and take that bracket out you will see how the cooler is mounted, held in place by a body on the top lhs

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok well my Unmarred Joy didn’t last long. Will only be 4 days before it goes back to agent. Went for a drive this afternoon and parked the car in the drive. Then I went out to mow the lawn and saw this.

IMG_4609.jpeg
Then this
IMG_4608.jpeg

Then these

IMG_4613.jpeg
IMG_4616.jpeg
IMG_4610.jpeg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good news is it doesn't seem to be too low in the reservoir, although it looks like it is on the high pressure side.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good news is it doesn't seem to be too low in the reservoir, although it looks like it is on the high pressure side.
Definitely not all gone, so I am sure no damage. Yes high pressure side.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So where is it leaking?

CBN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Uggh thats disappointing. Were the roads heavily corrugated at all?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Can’t tell exactly, I think it’s fairly low down. Am hoping it is just a poor hose connection or something going to dealer in the morning.
If it was me I'd get a towel and dry it all off and have a gander with a torch tonight.
Often it's just some hose that needs nipping up a touch.
Do they even pressure test these/run them up to temp at factory?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Will be interesting to look when I get my car back as it looks like the bracket in the photo is different to how it was installed in my car....I may be wrong...
Did you have a chance yet to look into this?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Uggh thats disappointing. Were the roads heavily corrugated at all?
No, nothing that should have troubled any vehicle let alone a rugged 4wd

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it was me I'd get a towel and dry it all off and have a gander with a torch tonight.
Often it's just some hose that needs nipping up a touch.
Do they even pressure test these/run them up to temp at factory?
Had a good look around but can’t see anything obvious

Back
Top Bottom