The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alternator & Aux Battery

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been concerned about possible water ingress into the battery bays since I saw the PTO2. I.e Child drops large coke onto seat and the liquid entered from above.

I was told the area would be sealed in prod vehicles. From the pic the battery area does not appear to be sealed from ‘above’.

Yes there is a seat, but the seat pivots forward making a great avenue for liquid to enter from the back of the seat.
I'm pretty sure every person here that has had children or grandchildren knows what you mean.
Ok not a coke but certainly a bottle of water.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
From the pic the battery area does not appear to be sealed from ‘above’.
It isn't, but on the other hand, the seat (if used) will absorb easily quite some liquid if a child spills a bottle of water.
And if you fold the seats and have to transport stuff like liquids, yes than I would try to protect the batteries and electrical components from liquid spill!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Interesting comparison between AGM and EFB batteries
Nice article, thanks for posting. 👍

"While AGM is still the battery of choice for powering deep cycle needs, which is a niche use of automotive batteries" ~ seems to be exactly where the Grenadier auxiliary battery lands?

Also, Moll seem to have moved on from EFB to AFB:
Screenshot_20230225_092942.jpg

Where exactly does EFBplus fit into this; or is some of it just marketing at it's best?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice article, thanks for posting. 👍

"While AGM is still the battery of choice for powering deep cycle needs, which is a niche use of automotive batteries" ~ seems to be exactly where the Grenadier auxiliary battery lands?

Also, Moll seem to have moved on from EFB to AFB:
View attachment 7804279

Where exactly does EFBplus fit into this; or is some of it just marketing at it's best?
Good question. I don’t know as I can’t find any info on EFB Plus. Are they made solely for Ineos ? Would like to find out more myself

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The terms AFB and EFB are synonymous as far as I can tell. Different manufacturers seem to use the terms interchangeably

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also recall Oz had a longer warranty than Europe one's. Forget whether it was the paint. Out and about at the mo so will look up later.

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
And how do we feel about the EFB batteries, I was expecting AGM at this price point and use case.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Where is the power outlet from the second battery? Switched from the roof panel?
Multiple, 4 deutsche plugs on the roof, under the tie down rails, one high Amp NATO plug on the rear under the bumper, additional outlets under the dash and in the engine bay.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
I have optioned them on my Fieldmaster
In fact I have all the Trialmaster options on my Fieldmaster
With me it's almost the other way around, but I didn't want the wheels of the Fieldmaster :eek: , the leather, the carpets, also not necessary, but yes the safari windows, central locker box, ...

Back
Top Bottom