The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alternator & Aux Battery

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Not many would ever actually hose out the floor. But you could use a hose to wash off the grime after washing the mud etc off with a brush.
If you splash water on the console , shifter etc you might have some problems.
And I believe the battery enclosure is sealed at floor level.
All in all far better protected for river crossings than vehicles with electrics under the bonnet.
I thought I saw something (can't recall where, so much I've looked at the last 2 years), that the center console, switches and even the shifter were splash resistant, meaning ok for a spilled drink, for example, but don't pressure wash it.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
I thought I saw something (can't recall where, so much I've looked at the last 2 years), that the center console, switches and even the shifter were splash resistant, meaning ok for a spilled drink, for example, but don't pressure wash it.
Yep, I have forgotten the actual IP rating number, but yes they are rated to be basically splash proof, you dont want to hose or submerge them but they will withstand a splash or some overspray etc.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Spilled lemonade killed my phone in the early stages of fighting a big bushfire at our place years ago. No contact with outside world for 10 hours , until a policeman turned up because relatives were concerned.
No sugary drinks in the front of my cars , thanks!

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Spilled lemonade killed my phone in the early stages of fighting a big bushfire at our place years ago. No contact with outside world for 10 hours , until a policeman turned up because relatives were concerned.
No sugary drinks in the front of my cars , thanks!
I use sugar free beverages not for dieting but because buttons never get unsticky.

CB

Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
This might be an option since it is also an engine starting battery.

DCS 12V 110AH (LITHIUM)

12V 110AH Lithium Ion Battery | Deep Cycle | Engine Starting
DCS Batteries are the ideal replacement & upgrade from AGM, Gel or other lead-acid batteries for any application. DCS gives you the ability to upgrade your current batteries to lithium-ion technology that can deliver a minimum of 2500 cycles and has tremendous advantages in weight, performance, reliability and service life compared to traditional lead-acid batteries.
Backed by a 4 year warranty.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I use sugar free beverages not for dieting but because buttons never get unsticky.
Any drink with unpaired ions is going to get "friendly"with electronic anything!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This might be an option since it is also an engine starting battery.

DCS 12V 110AH (LITHIUM)

12V 110AH Lithium Ion Battery | Deep Cycle | Engine Starting
DCS Batteries are the ideal replacement & upgrade from AGM, Gel or other lead-acid batteries for any application. DCS gives you the ability to upgrade your current batteries to lithium-ion technology that can deliver a minimum of 2500 cycles and has tremendous advantages in weight, performance, reliability and service life compared to traditional lead-acid batteries.
Backed by a 4 year warranty.

I was viewing an INEOS Trailmaster today in Sydney Australia (Purnell Motors) and the INEOS rep was also present. He was strongly against using a Lithium battery in the car, I suspect one cheaper brand popular in Australia (Perth based). The rep was involved in the homologation and ADR approvals in Australia, which took around 8 months.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
I was viewing an INEOS Trailmaster today in Sydney Australia (Purnell Motors) and the INEOS rep was also present. He was strongly against using a Lithium battery in the car, I suspect one cheaper brand popular in Australia (Perth based). The rep was involved in the homologation and ADR approvals in Australia.
Interested in his reasoning why he didn't recommend a lithium in the IG

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He was guarded in his comments, but stated Lithium batteries were not part of the approval process for the Grenadier. When pressed he seems concerned about a brand of Lithium battery used here in Australia (which I would not use). I would consider using an Invicta Lithium battery which is a proven brand.

I was surprised with the conviction behind his view. Suggesting he may know more than he was prepared to say.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
He was guarded in his comments, but stated Lithium batteries were not part of the approval process for the Grenadier. When pressed he seems concerned about a brand of Lithium battery used here in Australia (which I would not use). I would consider using an Invicta Lithium battery which is a proven brand.

I was surprised with the conviction behind his view. Suggesting he may know more than he was prepared to say.
I think I know of the brand (orange top) is this a start battery or aux he was talking about?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, just trying to be polite and not name them explicitly.

Blanket comment which I took to include both batteries - main and aux.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
Yep, I have forgotten the actual IP rating number, but yes they are rated to be basically splash proof, you dont want to hose or submerge them but they will withstand a splash or some overspray etc.
From the Press Kit:

"The Grenadier loves a bit of mud and it can easily be washed down, inside and out. Five
interior drain valves mean owners can hose out the floor without concerns of damaging
interior materials. An IP54K rating for critical components in the cabin ensures the odd
splash won’t damage the switch gear or electronics."
IP_rating_Chart_1_grande.png
Struggling to find K applied to a 4 for water though?

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
From the Press Kit:

"The Grenadier loves a bit of mud and it can easily be washed down, inside and out. Five
interior drain valves mean owners can hose out the floor without concerns of damaging
interior materials. An IP54K rating for critical components in the cabin ensures the odd
View attachment 7805966
Hosing is a good way to ensure all manure is removed.
Some of the vehicles will be used on farms , and required for church on Sundays.
Carpets in rugged cars are not fit for purpose , IMO.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
Hosing is a good way to ensure all manure is removed.
Some of the vehicles will be used on farms , and required for church on Sundays.
Carpets in rugged cars are not fit for purpose , IMO.
I propose to address this by not letting any of the farm animals in vehicle. 👍If they want to travel it is the livestock trailer for them. I don't ride in the trailer so I don't see why they should get in my vehicle. Except the odd dead sheep in the boot.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I propose to address this by not letting any of the farm animals in vehicle. 👍If they want to travel it is the livestock trailer for them. I don't ride in the trailer so I don't see why they should get in my vehicle. Except the odd dead sheep in the boot.
Just remember never to tread in anything pooey ;) That shouldn't be hard , on a farm!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From the Press Kit:

View attachment 7805966
The K relates higher levels of pressure than normally used
It isn't normally used with lower IP ratings but can be used at any time
In this case it probably means they can withstand higher water pressure than normal IP54 but not up to IP55 standard
As a comparison in Australia the main electrical meter box on the outside of your house is typically IP23 and withstands rain storms.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone photographed the secondary power outlet in the driver's or passenger's footwell? Does it have a Deutsch plug like the roof outlets or just bare wires (taped up)?

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is that because people with dirty cars aren't welcome at church?
But it's OK to rock up with a dirty mind as they will cleanse it for you.

Back
Top Bottom