The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Workshop Manuals available?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
At this stage I would even consider some form of paid access or subscription model for when I needed it. Not that I signed up for that.

mikeonline

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
INEOS still tells internally, that the workshop manual is coming out when it is ready. But this information is very vague.
Also we cant rely, that what they say to us, if it is not written.
Manual must be offline and free. Online wont work for an offroader. Also some printouts would be useful and some text and tables about electrical things etc.
I fear we just get a good video. nevertheless its better than nothing.
I think it is time for Sir Jim himself, to stand in front of a camera and tell us what happens, about problems and about promises.
Somekind of a honorable speech, where you can rely on his words. but.. its very quiet currently about INEOS.

Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
INEOS still tells internally, that the workshop manual is coming out when it is ready. But this information is very vague.
Also we cant rely, that what they say to us, if it is not written.
Manual must be offline and free. Online wont work for an offroader. Also some printouts would be useful and some text and tables about electrical things etc.
I fear we just get a good video. nevertheless its better than nothing.
I think it is time for Sir Jim himself, to stand in front of a camera and tell us what happens, about problems and about promises.
Somekind of a honorable speech, where you can rely on his words. but.. its very quiet currently about INEOS.
I would not expect the manuals to be free. The manuals will be like every other manufacturer, pay for access and downloaded and printable as a PDF file. As soon as an owner that is not trade qualified with proof or experience touches the car and does repairs or service and causes a fault there goes the warranty.

Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
I would not expect the manuals to be free. The manuals will be like every other manufacturer, pay for access and downloaded and printable as a PDF file. As soon as an owner that is not trade qualified with proof or experience touches the car and does repairs or service and causes a fault there goes the warranty.
Even if they don’t cause a fault any and all car manufacturers would claim no warranty if a un qualified person was found to have done work on a vehicle

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even if they don’t cause a fault any and all car manufacturers would claim no warranty if a un qualified person was found to have done work on a vehicle
You're probably right. The original marketing 'message' from Ineos however was that they would honour warranty on DIY maintenance and repairs so long as the replacement parts were obtained through the Ineos supply chain. That was their big 'point of difference' .
More recently, there has been a subtle but noticeable shift in their language which begins to 'qualify' what their intentions were/are now. Shifting the goal posts comes to mind. We wait in forlorn hope....

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Last update we had in AUS from the CEO of Ineos Automotive APAC was that the manuals would be available in Q4 of 2024. Reason for the delay was IP issues needed to be resolved before release.

I'd be happy with a pdf file like I have for my Land Rover Discovery 2.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
In Canada, and I assume the USA, an automaker must honour the vehicle warranty if service and repairs are done per the manufacturer’s spec and schedule and a good paper trail is kept. DIY or 3rd party or dealer. We don’t need a marketing message or brand for this. It’s the law.

This is very easy to do for oil and filter changes. It gets very hard if the maintenance procedures for complex tasks is not published. If this was big Ford or Toyota, one could speculate that they make this information hard to get on purpose, for a recurring revenue stream per customer. For little INEOS, I think they’re just bad at managing deliverables.

Back
Top Bottom