The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
Ineos really needs to grasp ownership of the Customer and deal direct with the people having issues quickly and honestly and get a control of the situation.
In your mind's eye do you see IA employees with feet on desks and hands linked behind head (the "Manager's Stretch")
Or mad panic in the IT department?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
In your mind's eye do you see IA employees with feet on desks and hands linked behind head (the "Manager's Stretch")
More likely a third party software development house looking after the firmware development.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not meant as a dig at the "doers" in IA their technicians and IT bods will be working tireless flat out. It is their senior management that don't seem to understand the art of communication with customers. There are technicians and IT bods in the field trying to delivery, but are there customer interfacing people in the field keeping people informed of progress, root cause of issue etc? Yes they have a new brand to protect from competitors but without the now existing and future potential customers there new brand will be worthless unless they instil trust, honest and good communication.
Right I have now stepped down from my soapbox.

Local time
Reaction score
This is not good to hear. I was attracted to the IG because it was supposed to be a simple vehicle free from all the glitchy electronics that you get on other vehicles. It makes me somewhat relieved that I haven’t even had a contract yet, maybe they’ll sort all this out soon. Let’s hope so.
I‘m starting to think about a 70 series land cruiser again..
I'm in the same position, no contract signed yet, I really really want the Gren to work and be a success. I have recently taken delivery of a new Hilux invincible X and clicked over 2000 miles in the last month, it is faultless, inspires confidence (unlike the VW Amarok it replaced), filled full of gadgets and is doing 30 - 32mpg, it goes very well off road full of gear and people and gives you hope that it will work for all of its 10 year warrantee, not to mention it cost half the price of an IG. I will be keeping it to run head to head against the Grenny, one will be kept the other sold and I am completely ambivalent which one. IG need to up their game quickly.

AWo

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
The SAP IT is not within Ineos...they followed the trend of highly skilled, motivated but far more cheaper external professionals and data center providers.

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The SAP IT is not within Ineos...they followed the trend of highly skilled, motivated but far more cheaper external professionals and data center providers.
In the Ukraine, from memory?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the same position, no contract signed yet, I really really want the Gren to work and be a success. I have recently taken delivery of a new Hilux invincible X and clicked over 2000 miles in the last month, it is faultless, inspires confidence (unlike the VW Amarok it replaced), filled full of gadgets and is doing 30 - 32mpg, it goes very well off road full of gear and people and gives you hope that it will work for all of its 10 year warrantee, not to mention it cost half the price of an IG. I will be keeping it to run head to head against the Grenny, one will be kept the other sold and I am completely ambivalent which one. IG need to up their game quickly.
10year warranty 😳

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, you could be right, but I can't see thousand of people subscribing and discussing in a Hilux forum... I guess that must be a reason for that... We don't just live for the practicality...:)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, you could be right, but I can't see thousand of people subscribing and discussing in a Hilux forum... I guess that must be a reason for that... We don't just live for the practicality...:)
It is the "New Defender" after all!
Toyota reliability? Bor-ing!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I attempted to order a 2.8 invincible X about 2 years ago, when the Grenadier project hadn't released pictures yet.

My local dealer wouldn't even take an order off me they were so backlogged at the time, horrendous customer service. Looking back now, I'm glad I hadn't gone down the Hilux route. They're a great truck don't get me wrong, but for what I want of a vehicle, IFS is a serious drawback, and the 4cylinder is rather underwhelming. at 45k wit the VAT, its also 3/4 the price of my Grenadier... which when compared like for like, is a hell of a lot more truck. Gadgets don't do anything for me, what i want is offroad and touring hardware.

I'd still probably consider one though had the INEOS not come to fruition. Purely due to the lack of rugged 4x4s that can tow 3.5 ton. I wouldn't consider ANY other pickup, the LC prado only tows 3ton, and an 8 year old diesel G wagon would set me back the same as a new Gren....

Tough decisions!

Local time
Reaction score
I attempted to order a 2.8 invincible X about 2 years ago, when the Grenadier project hadn't released pictures yet.

My local dealer wouldn't even take an order off me they were so backlogged at the time, horrendous customer service. Looking back now, I'm glad I hadn't gone down the Hilux route. They're a great truck don't get me wrong, but for what I want of a vehicle, IFS is a serious drawback, and the 4cylinder is rather underwhelming. at 45k wit the VAT, its also 3/4 the price of my Grenadier... which when compared like for like, is a hell of a lot more truck. Gadgets don't do anything for me, what i want is offroad and touring hardware.

I'd still probably consider one though had the INEOS not come to fruition. Purely due to the lack of rugged 4x4s that can tow 3.5 ton. I wouldn't consider ANY other pickup, the LC prado only tows 3ton, and an 8 year old diesel G wagon would set me back the same as a new Gren....

Tough decisions!
I'm proper Defender all the way until they stopped making them (we still run 2), Toyota was tough for me but it was originally for the other half, shows how pissed I am with JLR. Got a discount deal through BASC/NFU (19% of list!!)) which, fair play, Toyota stuck to on a 2021 price, which was when it was ordered, it would have been daft not to buy it at mid £30k inc vat otr! I am very much looking forward to my Gren but I really want it to work, I cannot be doing with being on first name terms with the dealer like I was with VW and Fiat!! The IG offers a lot of very rugged proper 4x4 and fantastic spec as we all know so fingers crossed it wins the head to head with the Hilux.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haven
Didn't IA get all the programming done by that China run infotainment/smart electrics company?
That one does for Ineos is Neusoft - based on Android.
But I do not think it does the entire controls. Its rather the user information system, what however may - based on rules provide stupid information based on sensor results / and rules applied.

It is more like "if event and value(event) < then.. "
So a bunch of rules based on events or trends or something alike.

This must of course be tested.. and indeed voltages, impulse count or something CANBUS or what ever type of signal is being used. and the funny things if "-" mass/ earth is wrong - resistance. .. etc. than may run in a chain reaction and hence result in not so funny reaction. So sometimes there should be X checks also - means if this sensor reacts so then we expect another sensor that should also react.. and so on.
.. difficult topic.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I knew as an early adopter I might be in for an interesting ride, but I still cannot work up much enthusiasm for pikes, flaming torches amd marching on Ineos. The software issues on my truck would be invisible if the splash screen stayed displaying the Grenadier logo for 20-25 seconds rather than the 2-5 at the moment.

Back in my undergraduate days, (40+ years ago now!), data collection was on a BBC micro and cobbled together sensors; ignoring the first 5 minutes data was a wise precaution, as tracks on windings were wiped clean, wires dried out and dodgy electronics warmed up. So far, I have not had an issue with a warm start or a persistant fault other than the rear seat belt alarm, (that may have been Mother In Law triggered).

Anecdote is not data, but so far, I'd suggest that the basics are fine, the presentation needs some polish and they need to expidite the workshop manual!

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
I knew as an early adopter I might be in for an interesting ride, but I still cannot work up much enthusiasm for pikes, flaming torches amd marching on Ineos. The software issues on my truck would be invisible if the splash screen stayed displaying the Grenadier logo for 20-25 seconds rather than the 2-5 at the moment.

Back in my undergraduate days, (40+ years ago now!), data collection was on a BBC micro and cobbled together sensors; ignoring the first 5 minutes data was a wise precaution, as tracks on windings were wiped clean, wires dried out and dodgy electronics warmed up. So far, I have not had an issue with a warm start or a persistant fault other than the rear seat belt alarm, (that may have been Mother In Law triggered).

Anecdote is not data, but so far, I'd suggest that the basics are fine, the presentation needs some polish and they need to expidite the workshop manual!
+1 for the workshop manual

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not meant as a dig at the "doers" in IA their technicians and IT bods will be working tireless flat out. It is their senior management that don't seem to understand the art of communication with customers. There are technicians and IT bods in the field trying to delivery, but are there customer interfacing people in the field keeping people informed of progress, root cause of issue etc? Yes they have a new brand to protect from competitors but without the now existing and future potential customers there new brand will be worthless unless they instil trust, honest and good communication.
Right I have now stepped down from my soapbox.
IT_Support_Memes05.jpg

FarmerWales

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Tough decisions!
I actually ordered a Hilux 2.8 Invincible X in Apr 2021 and it arrived in March this year, so nearly 2 years from order date. I ordered the Grenadier as I thought the Hilux would never arrive. I'm now picking up my Grenadier next week, and will drive them both on and off for 2 or 3 months and decide which to keep....

Back
Top Bottom