The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
My alarm went off this afternoon it was the back door that was now showing open as you cant lock without it registering closed .
That’s odd, half an hour ago I did the same as every morning. The. granny was locked, I unlocked it from the key fo, then opened the back doors and the dog cages so the dogs can get in and out as they please. A few minutes later the alarm went off? I hadn’t opened any other doors this time, I wonder if you have to open a passenger door also to fully disengage the system?

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So the issue seems to be the top of the big door where these are as when it wont lock push the top l/h/s of big door and it locks . The male is not doing his job.if anyone has another theory let me know .

Attachments

• IMG_20230605_122911.jpg
    IMG_20230605_122911.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20230605_122924.jpg
    IMG_20230605_122924.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 129

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Went to see a potential new client in Peterborough last night.

Had some new software errors I had not seen before, in that the Waze screen on the touch screen went blank and my phone, (rather than the ICE), started with the directions. This was most disconcerting, as the area was new to me. I parked up, switched off the ignition, opened the door, opted to turn off the systems, shut the door, counted to thirty, re-entered the Grenadier, started it and all was restored.

Also yesterday, while driving around, the ICE kept dropping then reinstating the Apple Carplay screen with a shared Waze screen, the signal strength icon suggesting this something to do with cell phone coverage, which is a bit patchy in rural Leicestershire/Northamptonshire.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had no errors for last three days. Got up to a full float charge /maintenance charge on Sunday using 100W solar panel. Maybe after a few full charges things settle down 🤞🏼

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
During my test drive just now, I did not have a single error. I must have stopped and restarted the vehicle 4-5 times.

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
to be fair to the guy i made the same misjudgement didnt want the field or trial master as didnt want leather or megga diffs, so thought station wagon (i work for a US company so very normal term for a car/estate) the legal issues are nothing speed wise and the trim he complains about is because its designed for the seats to be back to cover those areas (which shows he doesnt know that much), which i will do, in a few weeks. Niggles on mine so far some trim on the left is out of the clips, will get dealer to sort and air con just blows the air from outside so needs regassing or fixing, seat belt errors are gradually disappearing and a couple of transmission errors which i ignore and they dissapear. RTC steering damper and custom side steps will be next and ppf the side sills and then straight down to URBAN for a full chav body kit, ONLY JOKING but do like their show.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Beg/PBD does your car lock with the buttons on the drivers door??

retrorob

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did a few long journeys over the weekend and notably most of my warnings seem to have now stopped.

Battery charge? Cycles?

Only persistent one now is PDC in reverse, but think I have one dodgy sensor on the back, so hardware.

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
Since the battery is now over 90% (97 at the moment)
The starter battery shouldn't need to be over 90% to silence errors. Typically it'll sit around 75-80% as with most vehicles. Smart alternators can't charge to 100% because they drop off to 13.2/13.4V during most drives, unless it's at night with lights and AC etc on, but then it's only compensating for the load. You need a battery charger to provide a constant 14.4V to get a lead acid battery to 100%. It might be that the voltage or % threshold in the system is set too high and needs to be lowered with a software update. It'd be interesting to see if your errors come back after the vehicle has been sitting for a few days as parasistic loads on the battery will bring the voltage down from 12.7 to 12.5 at rest.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
The starter battery shouldn't need to be over 90% to silence errors. Typically it'll sit around 75-80% as with most vehicles. Smart alternators can't charge to 100% because they drop off to 13.2/13.4V during most drives, unless it's at night with lights and AC etc on, but then it's only compensating for the load. You need a battery charger to provide a constant 14.4V to get a lead acid battery to 100%. It might be that the voltage or % threshold in the system is set too high and needs to be lowered with a software update. It'd be interesting to see if your errors come back after the vehicle has been sitting for a few days as parasistic loads on the battery will bring the voltage down from 12.7 to 12.5 at rest.
We will be on holiday the next 2 weeks, and investigate, fridge is with us and will bring the voltage down ,-) . Keep you informed.

Back
Top Bottom