The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this. In my vehicle it bongs as a warning and you get a very swift flash of the rear door warning on the screen. if I push the doors closed, it seems to cure it apposed to slamming them.. I’ve tried to find the rear door sensor, but have failed so far..
I'm getting back door warning now so does anyone know if its another software issue or is there an issue with the sensor / switch connector

Reactions: PBD

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
My wife has already contacted the Ombudsman, regarding remedies - unfortunately I don't have crystal ball as to remedies (will be case by case). Why would you need to know details?

What is galling is that the vehicle arrived 10 days ago at the agent and all is paid and as yet I have no clue when I can collect it, as it has a fault. Their technicians, have other work to do and may get onto it on Monday or not.

Remember, like many others I was promised a 1st February delivery and it lengthens by the day. Hopefully, the fault is rectified immediately and I collect it next week, but I doubt that. I can honestly say, I would NOT recommend this buying process to anyone until the bugs are ironed out.
I thought you already contacted the ombudsman a few times?
I'm looking forward to their response, but find it hard to believe they can make any sort of difference.

If you can collect your car next week, you should be a happy man. Most of us, who ordered on the same day, will have to wait a bit longer. And only 11 days at the agent is very short.

I hope it all works out for you next week, and you will enjoy the ride.

Regards, Fabio

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting back door warning now so does anyone know if its another software issue or is there an issue with the sensor / switch connector
Welcome to our world🙈i think it is a sensor/wiring problem. If i push on the small back door when closed the warning goes off.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to our world🙈i think it is a sensor/wiring problem. If i push on the small back door when closed the warning goes off.
Ok I'll have a look at that cheers

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Warning on center dash and a bong now and then

Reactions: PBD

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought you already contacted the ombudsman a few times?
I'm looking forward to their response, but find it hard to believe they can make any sort of difference.

If you can collect your car next week, you should be a happy man. Most of us, who ordered on the same day, will have to wait a bit longer. And only 11 days at the agent is very short.

I hope it all works out for you next week, and you will enjoy the ride.

Regards, Fabio
I think you are right on all counts. I am sure it will be delivered late next week, as the faults are caused by low battery voltage.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
Seriously that is the worst possible response from a business I have heard of. I’m sorry we are too busy dealing with new customers to look after the ones we’ve already got our money from. How do these idiots stay in business??

Chill Pill time boys.
I'm not familiar with the 'agency' model in Australia so thought I'd find a bit more out. Came across an interesting article (link below) and the comment about 'factory disconnect' is spot on and in hindsight not unexpected for a car manufacturer let alone a fledgling one. (I'm not saying it's right) I can only imagine thousands and thousands of customers and potential customers across the globe contacting Ineos direct... how many competent people are on the other end of the line who can answer all our questions from sales to technical and everything in between? I'm still very thankful to Sir Jim for building the Grenadier. :)

“And we’ve seen brands try it in the past and there’s just too much of a disconnect between the factory and the customer.”

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the 'agency' model in Australia so thought I'd find a bit more out. Came across an interesting article (link below) and the comment about 'factory disconnect' is spot on and in hindsight not unexpected for a car manufacturer let alone a fledgling one. (I'm not saying it's right) I can only imagine thousands and thousands of customers and potential customers across the globe contacting Ineos direct... how many competent people are on the other end of the line who can answer all our questions from sales to technical and everything in between? I'm still very thankful to Sir Jim for building the Grenadier. :)

“And we’ve seen brands try it in the past and there’s just too much of a disconnect between the factory and the customer.”

I have to say that all of my interaction with Ineos Australia has been excellent
They have supplied me with all the information I have needed at every step and additional info through LinkedIn messaging, emails and phone.
On top of that Rick at SLRV has been great, and I finally met Paul at Noosa auto group a week ago and that was also very pleasant and reassuring.
I haven't received my vehicle yet however so hopefully that goes smoothly and they will have fixed any bugs.
To clarify though I also haven't asked them what colour socks the assembly worker was wearing last Tuesday, or if the nuts on the left rear shock are metric or imperial.
I have also accepted that Magna know more than me in 4WD engineering and design and ZF know all about gearboxes.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say that all of my interaction with Ineos Australia has been excellent
They have supplied me with all the information I have needed at every step and additional info through LinkedIn messaging, emails and phone.
On top of that Rick at SLRV has been great, and I finally met Paul at Noosa auto group a week ago and that was also very pleasant and reassuring.
I haven't received my vehicle yet however so hopefully that goes smoothly and they will have fixed any bugs.
To clarify though I also haven't asked them what colour socks the assembly worker was wearing last Tuesday, or if the nuts on the left rear shock are metric or imperial.
I have also accepted that Magna know more than me in 4WD engineering and design and ZF know all about gearboxes.
Yes, my dealings with folks here in Brisbane/Gold Coast has been very positive. 😀

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I understand a number of the large manufacturers are getting sick and tired of dealer problems and talking about moving to an in house model, but I think a lot of that is around discounting and / or gouging, and less about service.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Warning on center dash and a bong now and then
If somebody is still thinking about a name for his car, and it bongs repeatedly, just call it King Bong.

Fits probably better than King Kong.

typo

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I will be in Brisbane in three weeks so will call in.
The owners Martin & Marvin sold their Brisbane BMW dealership a couple of years back so a good fit for the IG. They will be offering servicing on site. Randolf & Jordan are also great to deal with.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The owners Martin & Marvin sold their Brisbane BMW dealership a couple of years back so a good fit for the IG. They will be offering servicing on site. Randolf & Jordan are also great to deal with.
They have also recruited at least one of their former leading BMW techs ...

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
It's part of the PDI:

"Check battery State of Charge (SOC) in the vehicle infotainment unit (Vehicle information - Offroad )
Charge the vehicle battery until the SOC is at least 85%"
SOC "at least 85%" might be the problem right there! Why would they not deliver the vehicle with SOC ~100%????
BTW, in the 10,000km review from Ingemar (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtg4zL7q3o
), he gave solid advice about the electronic gremlins. Switch on ignition and wait a sew seconds for the systems to settle down before starting seems to fix much of the intermittent glitches

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
SOC "at least 85%" might be the problem right there! Why would they not deliver the vehicle with SOC ~100%????
Yes, I was in that camp, having followed the numerous issues of new Defender owners were having with a low battery causing numerous other faults. Low battery being caused by numerous systems not actually fully switching off when the car is parked and locked.

However, having the vehicle on a CTEK external charger so vehicle battery was reading 99% when fired up and 100% after a mile or so up the road did not stop numerous warnings flashing up on the screen ~ PDC, transmission error, rear seat belts...

So, whilst I don't discount that low battery can cause some errors, there also something else more fundamental also causing them. I'm pinning my hopes on the "babbling idiot" theory and a software tidy up to better discipline the various timings required to clear these faults.

BTW, in the 10,000km review from Ingemar (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtg4zL7q3o
), he gave solid advice about the electronic gremlins. Switch on ignition and wait a sew seconds for the systems to settle down before starting seems to fix much of the intermittent glitches
Again, whilst this may be good practise, I believe there's a bigger issue as the root cause.

Back
Top Bottom