The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
I don't have my vehicle yet, but it should be built, if you can believe the communication. My concern is that if you drive the car and assume the warning light is a faulty light or software and it turns out to be a real engine or transmission problem and you ignore the warning and do damage to the vehicle will it be covered under warranty.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
Would appear my vehicle has all the standard warnings. Although I did note that the battery is at 81%. However, I am not unhappy as I know I am not alone and software will fix it.

I have the following to date (on the centre screen). I should add these are not simultaneous - but one of them or none.
1) Power Steering
2) Transmission
3) PDC
4) TPWS
Landrover used to have the "3 amigos" dash warning lights, it looks like Ineos took that as a "hold my beer" challenge. We now have "the magnificent 7":

1) Power Steering
2) Transmission
3) PDC
4) TPWS
5) eCall
6) Rear seat belts
7) Airbags

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
Landrover used to have the "3 amigos" dash warning lights, it looks like Ineos took that as a "hold my beer" challenge. We now have "the magnificent 7":

1) Power Steering
2) Transmission
3) PDC
4) TPWS
5) eCall
6) Rear seat belts
7) AirbaG
you missed one !! the back door:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

1) Power Steering
2) Transmission
3) PDC
4) TPWS
5) eCall
6) Rear seat belts
7) Airbags
No Air Con fault yet? Please try harder :)

Reactions: @nd

AWo

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
I do not know of any other vehicle where a door not being properly closed impacts shifting into forward or reverse gear. Almost all cars have a light in instrument cluster showing which door is open. Some cars have a chime that alerts you that a door is open. If this is supposed to be a "feature", I must say it's a really stupid one, and a potential hazard, as @Jean Mercier mentioend, and there should be a way to disable it in settings.

A completely unnecessary self inflicted wound .. this one.
Jeep Wrangler has thecsame security feature.

AWo

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I’ve been out and about and a few miles on the tracks of the Berkshire Downs and the ridgeway. Coming along a very narrow lane I had a red POWER STEERING ERROR massage lost all power to the steering and could hardly turn the wheel even the slightest bit. Waited until i could pull over then turned engine off and re tried. The fault cleared then this happened four more times on the way home same message and no power steering. The power steering warning kept flashing all the way home even after final fault cleared. I think this needs to be checked out by the dealer!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today I’ve been out and about and a few miles on the tracks of the Berkshire Downs and the ridgeway. Coming along a very narrow lane I had a red POWER STEERING ERROR massage lost all power to the steering and could hardly turn the wheel even the slightest bit. Waited until i could pull over then turned engine off and re tried. The fault cleared then this happened four more times on the way home same message and no power steering. The power steering warning kept flashing all the way home even after final fault cleared. I think this needs to be checked out by the dealer!
Agree - without Power Steering the vehicle is unfit to drive. I just hope the Software update happens soon.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
This really concerns me! If we think those yellow and red warnings are just software glitches and don’t take the serious it can become dangerous!
If this would have happened on a narrow street with some curves it wouldn’t have been fun at all!

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like I said In one of my earlier posts, Ineos have sold us and delivered to us a vehicle that is unfit for public roads in the UK.
Treating us like guineapigs, not remotely vips! What happens if one of us has an accident and the airbags or seatbelts fail, we will be in serious trouble then. Like the MOT tester said to me, if your insurance knew about it, would it insure you?
Are we driving the modern equivalent of the Ford Edsel, I hope to heaven not!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And plenty of fluid in the reservoir?

Love the Ridgeway - spent my late teens/early twenties playing about up there. Magical place.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Like I said In one of my earlier posts, Ineos have sold us and delivered to us a vehicle that is unfit for public roads in the UK.
Treating us like guineapigs, not remotely vips! What happens if one of us has an accident and the airbags or seatbelts fail, we will be in serious trouble then. Like the MOT tester said to me, if your insurance knew about it, would it insure you?
Are we driving the modern equivalent of the Ford Edsel, I hope to heaven not!
I agree with you. I rationalized a NA purchase partly upon the fact that UK/EU buyers would be Beta testers such that we would get a second year model, but, damn, y'all are road testing rattletraps. Thank you for your service. Instant recall warranted. Plaintiffs' attorneys in the US are licking their chops.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have been lucky so far, no serious warnings. I do think anybody with serious issues such as @Logsplitter should get the vehicle checked over. Ineos can't ignore these failures otherwise as @Loc Nar has said the law courts will have a field day.

Makes you think whether we could all loose a lot of money if we are not careful.

Back
Top Bottom