The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
I agree, I will be using it daily as a work vehicle and won't be tolerating continual software issues. If it keeps flashing and bonging and they can't fix in a reasonable amount of time I will be sending it back for a full refund, not waiting indefinitely for the software fix. My passion for this project only goes so far.
My 2014 Mercedes occasionally comes up with check engine coolant level, check passenger airbag, rear seat belts not fastened

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday so far just 100 miles local motorway and urban one tpms warning a couple of short warnings from transmission but soon disappeared i have reset tyre pressure settings so hopefully will be gone today .

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
This is the big problem with those new Defenders. The drivers want the to behave like ordinary cars. No malfunction is allowed.
How different are we Grenadier and real Defender drivers! We accept the software issues as god given. Maybe someone will take them from us in the future. But it is no reason to bring the new car back to the dealer. It’s only a red warning from time to time…
Normally I would have to agree but this chap is a dyed in the wool Defender owner.
But he is definitely regretting getting a new one.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I beg your pardon!! 😁
Not seeing any warnings on screen but remember you saying your electrician found an issue that might be more widespread.
He found a few posts on a forum he uses regarding problems with the Grenny’s back doors.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get their head around the heating system ?
Like noise when fan is on max the face vents going cold when the temp is set to hot the system seems to babe doing different things to the knob settings. Im at a loss so far unless it is something to do with software.
Have just started to get the same symptoms

Reactions: PBD

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
Normally I would have to agree but this chap is a dyed in the wool Defender owner.
But he is definitely regretting getting a new one.
I was more ironically referring to us Grenadier owners, who don’t bother the fact that there’s a lot of useless but still red warning lights.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One upside though, none of these warnings have made the truck useless - as in no one has expressed a "Limp Home" situation. If software is to blame but nothing is physically wrong with the truck, that's a very good thing.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like noise when fan is on max the face vents going cold when the temp is set to hot the system seems to babe doing different things to the knob settings. Im at a loss so far unless it is something to do with software.
If you turn the vent direction knob back and forwards a couple of times the heater should start working again, for a while at least 👍

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
We accept the software issues as god given.
I don't. But I am patient and will wait for the update.

However, I agree with what you wrote between the lines: Grenadier drivers are probably more resilient than new Defender drivers.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you turn the vent direction knob back and forwards a couple of times the heater should start working again, for a while at least 👍

I don't. But I'm patient and will wait for the update.
Updates are like buses, nothing then they all come at once

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only on the drive in auto mode, with the seat belt engaged. 👍👍

Attachments

• IMG_8069.mov
    4 MB

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help but I set it to Auto, (20 deg. C if memory serves) when I picked it up from the Agent and have left it to to do it’s stuff since. Seems to keep everyone at a nice temperature. Haven’t needed to use demist yet.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my case after 5000 km, still a lot of error warnings. This afternoon, contact "on" without starting the motor, I don't remember the sequence but:
  • "Power Steering" error; contact off and on again,
  • "PDC" error: contact off and on again
  • "eCall error, again off and on
  • no messages ...
  • I started the motor.
And I always waited, without starting the motor!

After going to my work appointment, I drove back without any warning error.

Very frustrating!

Back
Top Bottom