The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I found a new glitch today. I started to drive up an earth slope to see how good the Grenadier behaves. It went quite a bit in high without a lock. I read the incline from the info screen and it was at 36 degrees. Than I switched to low with locked center diff and went a good bit further uphill. Magically the incline on the monitor didn’t change at all although I really had problems to enter the car this time after taking the photo.
When I was on levelled ground again the info screen still showed 36 degrees.
The system had stalled!
What a nice surprise if you want to rely on the system…View attachment 7814101View attachment 7814102View attachment 7814103View attachment 7814104View attachment 7814105View attachment 7814106
Known problem - the guy from the Hard way Home says its on the list for a software fix.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Known problem - the guy from the Hard way Home says its on the list for a software fix.
But if he didn't post photos in a thread here, then it didn't happen. 😉

I must have missed it, @emax's post was news for me. 👍

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
I found a new glitch today. I started to drive up an earth slope to see how good the Grenadier behaves. It went quite a bit in high without a lock. I read the incline from the info screen and it was at 36 degrees. Than I switched to low with locked center diff and went a good bit further uphill. Magically the incline on the monitor didn’t change at all although I really had problems to enter the car this time after taking the photo.
The system had stalled!
What a nice surprise if you want to rely on the system…View attachment 7814101View attachment 7814102View attachment 7814103View attachment 7814104View attachment 7814105View attachment 7814106
Hi BeMax, Damm that Queens Red looks good! DaBull

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Rapidly turning in to a case of "They All Do That, Sir", or TADTS if we want an acronym. :ROFLMAO:

A phrase well practiced by both Land Rover dealers and Lotus dealers; if we're still playing to Metcalfe's tune...

Local time
Reaction score
I have practised it several times now. If you have a seat belt on, you can open the driver's door while driving. I have only tried it in first gear for manoeuvring.
If I don't wear a seat belt, drive off and open the door, the automatic transmission immediately switches to position P.
Not fun if you are on steep slope. as the transmission bangs into Park they need to stop this.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
Rapidly turning in to a case of "They All Do That, Sir", or TADTS if we want an acronym. :ROFLMAO:

A phrase well practiced by both Land Rover dealers and Lotus dealers; if we're still playing to Metcalfe's tune...
We use "good enough for government work" to express the same. Ha!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of my warnings have now dwindled to very occasional. Still got the pesky 'bong' every time I touch the throttle from stationary. Checked seat belts numerous times. Can't think what might be causing it.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I’m on 1300 miles or so and the errors/warnings have pretty much gone. Very, very happy with Izzi (the INEOS) so happy in fact I washed her for the first time yesterday 🤣

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of my warnings have now dwindled to very occasional. Still got the pesky 'bong' every time I touch the throttle from stationary. Checked seat belts numerous times. Can't think what might be causing it.
Are you getting any warnings for your back doors being open??

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you getting any warnings for your back doors being open??
I’ve mentioned this. In my vehicle it bongs as a warning and you get a very swift flash of the rear door warning on the screen. if I push the doors closed, it seems to cure it apposed to slamming them.. I’ve tried to find the rear door sensor, but have failed so far..

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been chatting to a new Defender driver today, he had to wait 15 months for his car, it is 4 1/2 months old and has been back to the garage 4 times for software and other problems costing him 2 working days!!
The last time it came back the garage had somehow split the headlining🤬 so now has to go back again.
I’ve mentioned this. In my vehicle it bongs as a warning and you get a very swift flash of the rear door warning on the screen. if I push the doors closed, it seems to cure it apposed to slamming them.. I’ve tried to find the rear door sensor, but have failed so far..
i now have the back warning popping up constantly

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I have been chatting to a new Defender driver today, he had to wait 15 months for his car, it is 4 1/2 months old and has been back to the garage 4 times for software and other problems costing him 2 working days!!
The last time it came back the garage had somehow split the headlining🤬 so now has to go back again.

i now have the back warning popping up constantly
This is the big problem with those new Defenders. The drivers want the to behave like ordinary cars. No malfunction is allowed.
How different are we Grenadier and real Defender drivers! We accept the software issues as god given. Maybe someone will take them from us in the future. But it is no reason to bring the new car back to the dealer. It’s only a red warning from time to time…

Local time
Reaction score
The system had stalled!
My off road screen is different. to that how do you get that version???????

Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get their head around the heating system ?
Like noise when fan is on max the face vents going cold when the temp is set to hot the system seems to babe doing different things to the knob settings. Im at a loss so far unless it is something to do with software.

Reactions: @nd

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
This is the big problem with those new Defenders. The drivers want the to behave like ordinary cars. No malfunction is allowed.
How different are we Grenadier and real Defender drivers! We accept the software issues as god given. Maybe someone will take them from us in the future. But it is no reason to bring the new car back to the dealer. It’s only a red warning from time to time…
Sorry, but I expect it to be like “ordinary cars”, no issues and ultimate reliability, and so did Sir Jim.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Sorry, but I expect it to be like “ordinary cars”, no issues and ultimate reliability, and so did Sir Jim.
I agree, I will be using it daily as a work vehicle and won't be tolerating continual software issues. If it keeps flashing and bonging and they can't fix in a reasonable amount of time I will be sending it back for a full refund, not waiting indefinitely for the software fix. My passion for this project only goes so far.

Back
Top Bottom