The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
In my case after 5000 km, still a lot of error warnings. This afternoon, contact "on" without starting the motor, I don't remember the sequence but:
  • "Power Steering" error; contact off and on again,
  • "PDC" error: contact off and on again
  • "eCall error, again off and on
  • no messages ...
  • I started the motor.
And I always waited, without starting the motor!

After going to my work appointment, I drove back without any warning error.

Very frustrating!

sorry to hear of all your problems. seems like you've been plagued more than most.

maybe a hard reset of the battery connectors will help?

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
In my case after 5000 km, still a lot of error warnings. This afternoon, contact "on" without starting the motor, I don't remember the sequence but:
  • no messages ...
  • I started the motor.

Very frustrating!
These are my most regular warnings, that gives me some comfort!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
sorry to hear of all your problems. seems like you've been plagued more than most.

maybe a hard reset of the battery connectors will help?
Its well known that the French people don't like the Dutch people.
I bet when the factory workers saw it was going to someone in Belgium/Southern Netherlands they probably sabotaged it.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Its well known that the French people don't like the Dutch people.
I bet when the factory workers saw it was going to someone in Belgium/Southern Netherlands they probably sabotaged it.
I think you should be more precise, but probably you don't understand our part of the World :ROFLMAO:.

You have the ...
  • French from France, they speak French
  • Walloons from Belgium, they speak French, slightly different.
  • Flemish from Belgium, they speak Dutch
  • You have also a small region in the Walloon part of Belgium where people speak German, got it?
  • The Dutch from the Netherlands, they speak Dutch, with a weird accent ;)
And then the stereotypes ...
  • The French (from France) think the Belgians are stupid and retarded and speak French in a weird way.
  • The Belgians think the French are chauvinistic and dumb
  • The Walloons don't like their fellow citizens the Flemish because they vote for extreme right political party's, but admit they work hard, but don't enjoy live.
  • The Flemish don't like the Walloons because they vote leftist party's and are lazy, and that part of the Flemish taxes go to the Walloon part of the country.
  • The Flemish (from Belgium) think the Dutch (from the Netherlands) are arrogant.
  • The Dutch (from the Netherlands) think the Flemish are dumb.
I repeat, these are stereotypes.

My father was a Walloon, from Belgium, my mother a Flemish from Belgium. We (me and my brothers) spoke French at home in the Flemish zone therefore studied in Dutch, and are perfect bilingual.
Therefore my brothers and me are lazy, dumb, enjoy life, work hard, pay a lot of taxes to sustain the Walloons, our father brothers, etc.

So, you said the "French people don't like the Dutch"? If you understood my simple explanation :unsure: you will see this is complete nonsense.
Instead of that, when in Hambach they see my name, they would probable treat me very well, because I have a very common French name too. :devilish:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think you should be more precise, but probably you don't understand our part of the World :ROFLMAO:.

You have the ...
  • You have also a small region in the Walloon part of Belgium where people speak German, got it?
  • The French (from France) think the Belgians are stupid and retarded and speak French in a weird way.
  • The Walloons don't like their fellow citizens the Flemish because they vote for extreme right political party's, but admit they work hard, but don't enjoy live.
  • The Flemish don't like the Walloons because they vote leftist party's and are lazy, and that part of the Flemish taxes go to the Walloon part of the country.
  • The Flemish (from Belgium) think the Dutch (from the Netherlands) are arrogant.

My father was a Walloon, from Belgium, my mother a Flemish from Belgium. We (me and my brothers) spoke French at home in the Flemish zone therefore studied in Dutch, and are perfect bilingual.
Therefore my brothers and me are lazy, dumb, enjoy life, work hard, pay a lot of taxes to sustain the Walloons, our father brothers, etc.

So, you said the "French people don't like the Dutch"? If you understood my simple explanation :unsure: you will see this is complete nonsense.
Instead of that, when in Hambach they see my name, they would probable treat me very well, because I have a very common French name too. :devilish:
After reading all of that I have blown a fuse...how do you cope? :ROFLMAO:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score

You have the ...

Yes it is a very confusing, but beautiful place.
I always get confused when Max Verstappen claims to be Dutch, despite the fact he was born in Belgium ( Flemish) to a Belgian mother (Flemish) and a Dutch father (20kms out of Belgium) in a location which is probably closer to German/French than Dutch. Although I haven't been there.
Of course all is forgiven because of the beer.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score

You have the ...

Best example ever of what Europe actually is. (y)

DDG

Local time
Reaction score
  • no messages ...
  • I started the motor.

Very frustrating!
Jean, can you describe how your agent has responded to these issues? Do they seem to be making an effort to understand what’s going on? Anything you can tell us about Ineos’ response to the odd warnings and glitches?
I’m hopeful that all of these issues are simply software related, but I haven’t read anything official recognizing that there are ongoing issues.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why did I cringe every time he refers to his car by name? Helpful!

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jean, can you describe how your agent has responded to these issues? Do they seem to be making an effort to understand what’s going on? Anything you can tell us about Ineos’ response to the odd warnings and glitches?
I’m hopeful that all of these issues are simply software related, but I haven’t read anything official recognizing that there are ongoing issues.
I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my faulty A/C and rear parking sensor. INEOS Customer Services tell me to contact my agent. I emailed my agent a week ago about the A/C not working and nothing - no email or return call. Not great. I'm going to have to chase up today over the phone. Also, it's a month since I collected my car and none of my accessories have been fitted yet. Usual story - absolutely loving the car, but after-sales support is about as good as the pre-sales comms/support.

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my faulty A/C and rear parking sensor. INEOS Customer Services tell me to contact my agent. I emailed my agent a week ago about the A/C not working and nothing - no email or return call. Not great. I'm going to have to chase up today over the phone. Also, it's a month since I collected my car and none of my accessories have been fitted yet. Usual story - absolutely loving the car, but after-sales support is about as good as the pre-sales comms/support.
Sorry to hear of your issues buddy.

My experience thus far is that the agents are absolutely awful & couldn’t care less about their customers. The agent I was using damaged the roof of my car when fitting the roof rack, damaged the roof rack itself & didn’t even fit said roof rack properly either (plus they didn’t inform me of the damage they had caused & I had to discover it myself after getting the vehicle back). I won’t even bother to get started on the actual handover itself but; suffice it to say, that was piss-poor also.

We can only hope that Ineos weed out these below-par agents & sort things out as it’s a terrible customer experience & reflects very poorly on the brand.

The car is fabulous but the agents are a disgrace (I can only hope that there are other agents that aren’t as bad). Overseas markets are lucky that they don’t have to endure this sort of treatment.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your issues buddy.

My experience thus far is that the agents are absolutely awful & couldn’t care less about their customers. The agent I was using damaged the roof of my car when fitting the roof rack, damaged the roof rack itself & didn’t even fit said roof rack properly either (plus they didn’t inform me of the damage they had caused & I had to discover it myself after getting the vehicle back). I won’t even bother to get started on the actual handover itself but; suffice it to say, that was piss-poor also.

We can only hope that Ineos weed out these below-par agents & sort things out as it’s a terrible customer experience & reflects very poorly on the brand.

The car is fabulous but the agents are a disgrace (I can only hope that there are other agents that aren’t as bad). Overseas markets are lucky that they don’t have to endure this sort of treatment.
Which part of the UK are you, N S E W?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is what my wife fears, a vehicle stranded at the agents waiting for whatever what???

Have to say the buying process is totally shit in the UK. My vehicle has been at Belton for 8 days and no sign of a handover. Remember, the initial contract said delivered by 1 February. Hahahahahahahaha

If I ever get my vehicle I am going to write to the Ombudsman (wife already has made an initial contact). They need a proverbial rocket up their arses.

Back
Top Bottom