The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your issues buddy.

My experience thus far is that the agents are absolutely awful & couldn’t care less about their customers. The agent I was using damaged the roof of my car when fitting the roof rack, damaged the roof rack itself & didn’t even fit said roof rack properly either (plus they didn’t inform me of the damage they had caused & I had to discover it myself after getting the vehicle back). I won’t even bother to get started on the actual handover itself but; suffice it to say, that was piss-poor also.

We can only hope that Ineos weed out these below-par agents & sort things out as it’s a terrible customer experience & reflects very poorly on the brand.

The car is fabulous but the agents are a disgrace (I can only hope that there are other agents that aren’t as bad). Overseas markets are lucky that they don’t have to endure this sort of treatment.

I don’t think the dealers are very motivated. After I ordered my IG I had an appointment to test drive an IG at my dealer. One of the first things the dealer said was kind of “We’re only a commission agent for IA, so our margin is low…”. :rolleyes:

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
I don’t think the dealers are very motivated. After I ordered my IG I had an appointment to test drive an IG at my dealer. One of the first things the dealer said was kind of “We’re only a commission agent for IA, so our margin is low…”. :rolleyes:
Yes, the UK agents seem to view it as merely a side-hustle, the employees come across as lacking any training regarding the Grenadier & as resenting having to deal with it at all.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Yes, the UK agents seem to view it as merely a side-hustle, the employees come across as lacking any training regarding the Grenadier & as resenting having to deal with it at all.
These stories in my view are far worse than gremlins and software updates.

These are the people we have to deal with post purchase.

One of the biggest criticisms I hear fro Land Rover owners in Australia is the crap dealership service, either incompetent at dealing with problems or zero care.

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These stories in my view are far worse than gremlins and software updates.

These are the people we have to deal with post purchase.

One of the biggest criticisms I hear fro Land Rover owners in Australia is the crap dealership service, either incompetent at dealing with problems or zero care.
Agreed; this is something that Ineos need to sort out & I think it is an issue limited to the UK due to the difference in business model here vs the rest of the world.

FlyingTrotter

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not my experience so far - well informed and enthusiastic but seems under staffed - they have the London Taxi and Polestar dealerships as well as INEOS agency

if INEOS have a big delay at the agents because the PDI and hand overs are taking ages surprised they have not brought in additional staff on a surge basis to blitz it and get vehicles into owners hands ASAP

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not my experience so far - well informed and enthusiastic but seems under staffed - they have the London Taxi and Polestar dealerships as well as INEOS agency

if INEOS have a big delay at the agents because the PDI and hand overs are taking ages surprised they have not brought in additional staff on a surge basis to blitz it and get vehicles into owners hands ASAP
This is good to hear; it’s my hope that not all agents are like the one that I was dealing with & that others will have a better experience.

FlyingTrotter

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is good to hear; it’s my hope that not all agents are like the one that I was dealing with & that others will have a better experience.
Sample of 1 of course - pretty rare to find excellence in the UK car sales sector in my limited experience - refreshing when you find someone informed and enthusiastic

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it's going to be very agent specific. Family owned or run businesses vs big conglomerates. If the appropriate management structure and customer ethos is there but should work. But with the small sales of IA vehicles they are all going to need another string to their bow.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m very happy with the service from my agent as well. They’ve been consistently friendly, helpful and honest throughout the buying process. Handover was great, they PDI’d my car quickly after receipt and I’ve had a follow up call to check how I’m finding it and if there are any problems. They also let me know there is a software update coming though we both had a bit of a chuckle about how long it would take IA to actually release it.

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m very happy with the service from my agent as well. They’ve been consistently friendly, helpful and honest throughout the buying process. Handover was great, they PDI’d my car quickly after receipt and I’ve had a follow up call to check how I’m finding it and if there are any problems. They also let me know there is a software update coming though we both had a bit of a chuckle about how long it would take IA to actually release it.
That’s great to hear. 🙂

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s great to hear. 🙂
Mine have been a friendly pleasure from start to… well to where we are now, awaiting the software update and navigating software glitches of no major impact…
Do we mention agents by name? Or not?

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine have been a friendly pleasure from start to… well to where we are now, awaiting the software update and navigating software glitches of no major impact…
Also great to hear. Hopefully the few of us who have had poor treatment are in the minority & this will be picked up & rectified by Ineos.

I’m not sure if it would be appropriate to name names publicly but I will say this, if you get any sign that your agent is inattentive & unprofessional then I would advise that you refuse to do business with them & request that Ineos move you elsewhere.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My experience with my dealer:
  • yes, they are friendly
  • no, they are not 4x4 fanatics
  • they are the biggest Mercedes dealer of the country, and probably of the whole Benelux (Belgium - Netherlands, Luxemburg)
  • they don't help very much, because they don't know the car very well
  • I still don't have two removable accessories (but this isn't the dealers fault!)
The last response was: "Yes we know about your problems, we will address them as soon as we can, but we really are too busy with the delivery of the other Grenadiers".

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my Grenadier, like almost everyone in Italy (it seems that INEOS has a preference for you British...) but my dealer is very kind and competent throughout the order and waiting phases. Mercedes, BMW, Land Rover, Smart, Mini, MG, Triumph dealership...

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why not, they deserve praise, this must be Denton Motors at Skipton, my dealer too and excellent!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
My experience with my dealer:

The last response was: "Yes we know about your problems, we will address them as soon as we can, but we really are too busy with the delivery of the other Grenadiers".

Seriously that is the worst possible response from a business I have heard of. I’m sorry we are too busy dealing with new customers to look after the ones we’ve already got our money from. How do these idiots stay in business??

Back
Top Bottom