The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Where is your Grenadier?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi Anand. How did you get this customer reference number? Been asking my dealer and Ineos for mine for weeks.
I created an Excel spreadsheet to increase the number 1 at a time from the previous known customer reference number, and then searched W&W's tracking page (you can do a batch of up to 1000 numbers at a time)

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
I created an Excel spreadsheet to increase the number 1 at a time from the previous known customer reference number, and then searched W&W's tracking page (you can do a batch of up to 1000 numbers at a time)
I did that but for some reason I can only do 10 at a time. It says you can you can do 2000 but mine only takes 10 for some reason.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi anand, I have been told by Rusnak Pasadena that my Grenadier is on a ship that is set to arrive at Port Hueneme sometime in mid-February. They don't have a BOL, Booking or Customer Number for me to search. They have 68 vehicles coming in. If anyone finds out what ship my Grenadier is on, please let me know. I can look out my balcony and see the ships entering and leaving the port of Port Hueneme. Looking to catch a photo of the ship coming it. Will be happy to post a photo if I can get one for anyone who may have a Grenadier on board too. Getting Excited! DaBull
My Vin ends in 6845.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Got a good one for you. I spoke to my dealer in Dec,said it looks like in Feb, my Grenadier will show up. Asked about a vin,nothing yet but I'll find out. Called them on 2/2 my broker said, I'm in Hawaii but ill get you info by Monday. Come Monday, he said I don't have a vin in system but eta is still Feb. Mine you 2 friends have ordered later than me have vins.

I call ineos, hey what's the deal. They look up my info and the customer service rep goes, well if your dealer says Feb then it should show up. I ask for my vin. I don't see one. I ask why. Well the computers need to update your info. I reply why is that? I don't know but because maybe you changed your email address, it probably having trouble updating. Okay, makes no sense. Well can you see if it has been produced. Yes I can and it showing produced. Okay, then what's my vin. It hasn't been assigned yet. When it arrives it will get a vin. I reply, I'm sorry but when a chassis is pulled, a vin should be assigned. Magically the phone disconnects.

I'll take my Grenadier has not been made for 1000, Alex.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi anand, I have been told by Rusnak Pasadena that my Grenadier is on a ship that is set to arrive at Port Hueneme sometime in mid-February. They don't have a BOL, Booking or Customer Number for me to search. They have 68 vehicles coming in. If anyone finds out what ship my Grenadier is on, please let me know. I can look out my balcony and see the ships entering and leaving the port of Port Hueneme. Looking to catch a photo of the ship coming it. Will be happy to post a photo if I can get one for anyone who may have a Grenadier on board too. Getting Excited! DaBull
My Vin ends in 6845.
Maybe this ship

Don Quijote​

Should be at Port Hueneme on 2/14, looks like it made it thru the canal possibly or is waiting to go thru the canal. Have not found a vin ending in 6845 yet tho, sorry.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AT THE DEALER TODAY!
Got the text this morning from Rusnak in Pasadena, CA. Just 90 miles away and a few more days.... I've been following the development of this thing for 6 years.

UPDATE: Rusnak is sending a ride to my house to take me to the dealership this Thursday AM. That's class! Just three days to go.
Hi Jeffrey, I'm really happy for you and can understand your feelings. I felt the same way a year ago. My Grenadier was delivered to the dealer in January. It wasn't delivered to me until April. It felt like years for me. And now my nerves are being tested again. I'm constantly waiting for the call to say that my Sprinter has been delivered to the dealer. But I'm not fooling myself, MB hasn't been what it used to be for a long time. They just pretend to be the best.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe this ship

Don Quijote​

Should be at Port Hueneme on 2/14, looks like it made it thru the canal possibly or is waiting to go thru the canal. Have not found a vin ending in 6845 yet tho, sorry.
Hi MTNDOG, Thanks for checking. Seems like one hand does not know what the other is doing. DaBull

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well can you see if it has been produced. Yes I can and it showing produced. Okay, then what's my vin. It hasn't been assigned yet. When it arrives it will get a vin. I reply, I'm sorry but when a chassis is pulled, a vin should be assigned. Magically the phone disconnects.

I'll take my Grenadier has not been made for 1000, Alex.
So I went around and around with this as well... Contacting INEOS UK exclusively (the US side doesn't have vehicle tracking capabilities until the vehicle is actually on a ship), I was told my vehicle was "in production" without a VIN assigned for 4+ weeks. At the 4 week mark, I asked if they could clarify the process further because, obviously, a vehicle does not spend 4 weeks working through the production line. I was then told that "production can take varying times based upon options and accessories", or translated to US English "I don't know, but I can't say specifically I don't know". I will say that INEOS US was able to tell me a January build date in November (which was corroborated by my dealer, Regal, in mid-December), and that is what it finally turned out to be.

From what I can tell based on a few conversations I've had with various people at different levels, they (INEOS UK/Global; not US) may now be "publishing" VINs only upon completion of production instead of the start of the process.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm constantly waiting for the call to say that my Sprinter has been delivered to the dealer. But I'm not fooling myself, MB hasn't been what it used to be for a long time. They just pretend to be the best.
My Sprinter spent 3.5 months sitting at the port, less than 10 miles from me, waiting on the annual US EPA certificate so it could go to the dealer (8 hours from me) for me to pick it up

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I went around and around with this as well... Contacting INEOS UK exclusively (the US side doesn't have vehicle tracking capabilities until the vehicle is actually on a ship), I was told my vehicle was "in production" without a VIN assigned for 4+ weeks. At the 4 week mark, I asked if they could clarify the process further because, obviously, a vehicle does not spend 4 weeks working through the production line. I was then told that "production can take varying times based upon options and accessories", or translated to US English "I don't know, but I can't say specifically I don't know". I will say that INEOS US was able to tell me a January build date in November (which was corroborated by my dealer, Regal, in mid-December), and that is what it finally turned out to be.

From what I can tell based on a few conversations I've had with various people at different levels, they (INEOS UK/Global; not US) may now be "publishing" VINs only upon completion of production instead of the start of the process.
I find it strange that my 71xx VIN hit Baltimore on 11/15, while a 68xx VIN is just in transit to Hueneme.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find it strange that my 71xx VIN hit Baltimore on 11/15, while a 68xx VIN is just in transit to Hueneme.
I've seen a few 07xxx's on the water; I'm wondering if his is a 168xx? Although, the highest I've seen on the water in my searches are in the 12xxx range (still waiting to see my 13085).

Edit: I'm assuming the 07xxx's are vehicles that were sent back for rework after failing a QC check at the port and are now finally coming over

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
I've seen a few 07xxx's on the water; I'm wondering if his is a 168xx? Although, the highest I've seen on the water in my searches are in the 12xxx range (still waiting to see my 13085).

Edit: I'm assuming the 07xxx's are vehicles that were sent back for rework after failing a QC check at the port and are now finally coming over
I see a lot of 13xxx in this one 6200002628
Though my 13084 is not there.

Hopefully, ours get on the same boat soon.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see a lot of 13xxx in this one 6200002628
Though my 13084 is not there.

Hopefully, ours get on the same boat soon.
Oh awesome! You found another ship!

edit: humorous, almost annoying that 13086 and 13087 are on there

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So we've found inbound vehicles on: Morning Lisa, Don Carlos (next trip and current), Morning Lily, and Don Quijote...

Other inbound W&W vessels from Zeebrugge to US Ports (no confirmation of Grenadiers on board):
Asian Dynasty - Due in Brunswick, GA 2/22
Asian Empire (confirmed w/ Grenadiers) - Due in Brunswick, GA 2/17
Fidelio (confirmed w/ Grenadiers) - Due in Baltimore 2/25, Brunswick 3/3
Arc Defender (confirmed w/ Grenadiers) - Due in Baltimore 2/29, Brunswick 3/2
Tirranna - Due in Brunswick 3/7
Tugela (confirmed w/ Grenadiers) - Due in Brunswick 3/1, Port Hueneme 3/19, Tacoma 3/23
Titania - Baltimore 3/6, Brunswick 3/12
Bess - Brunswick 3/8, Port Hueneme 3/26, Tacoma 3/30
Asian Captain - Brunswick 3/18
Don Carlos (confirmed w/ Grenadiers) - Halifax 2/9, Brunswick 3/15
Arc Integrity - Baltimore 3/19, Brunswick 3/23
Tbn 12 - Brunswick 3/26
Toledo - Baltimore 3/22, Brunswick 3/30
Morning Carol - Brunswick 3/24, Port Hueneme 4/11, Tacoma 4/15

EDIT: Just realized it was only searching 10 of my 2000 numbers at a time.... I've updated the list above with ships confirmed with vehicles

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And a 10,XXX was on the next ship over.

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So we've found inbound vehicles on: Morning Lisa, Don Carlos (next trip and current), Morning Lily, and Don Quijote...

Other inbound W&W vessels from Zeebrugge to US Ports (no confirmation of Grenadiers on board):
Asian Dynasty - Due in Brunswick, GA 2/22
Asian Empire (confirmed w/ Grenadiers) - Due in Brunswick, GA 2/17
Fidelio (confirmed w/ Grenadiers) - Due in Baltimore 2/25, Brunswick 3/3
Arc Defender - Due in Baltimore 2/28, Brunswick 3/2
Tirranna - Due in Brunswick 3/7
Tugela - Due in Brunswick 3/1, Port Hueneme 3/19, Tacoma 3/23
Titania - Baltimore 3/6, Brunswick 3/12
Bess - Brunswick 3/8, Port Hueneme 3/26, Tacoma 3/30
Asian Captain - Brunswick 3/18
Don Carlos (confirmed w/ Grenadiers) - Halifax 2/9, Brunswick 3/15
Arc Integrity - Baltimore 3/19, Brunswick 3/23
Tbn 12 - Brunswick 3/26
Toledo - Baltimore 3/22, Brunswick 3/30
Morning Carol - Brunswick 3/24, Port Hueneme 4/11, Tacoma 4/15

EDIT: Just realized it was only searching 10 of my 2000 numbers at a time.... I've updated the list above with ships confirmed with vehicles
Thanks for sharing. Good news for those whose Grenadiers are on the Don Quijote. The Don Quijote is passing through the Panama Canal this morning after sitting in the cue for the past few days. Looks like it is on its way to the Cocoli or the Miraflores Locks now. Here is a link to see the locks. https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/ Should be able to see the boat this morning passing through the last lock this morning.

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe this ship

Don Quijote​

Looks like the Don Quijote is going through the Panama Canal this morning. Its on its was to the Cocoli or Mirafloroes locks right now. Should be able to view the boat passing through the locks shortly at https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/

Back
Top Bottom