The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Where is your Grenadier?

Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
The Wallenius site says that the Morning Lily is going to Port Hueneme and Tacoma following Brunswick, but can’t find any Grenadiers headed to those ports on that ship. If anyone finds a west coast shipment beyond the one that’s on the water right now due to arrive mid Feb, I’d be interested.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here's a nice tracker for the Morning Lily. It's like watching Santa's Sleigh! Or paint dry. Man, these ships are slow.
Slow but steady, it's amazing how fast they actually get where they are going. I assume they just cruise 24/7 till they actually get to the next port. If nothing else, this whole Grenadier experience has opened my eyes to the logistics of international shipping.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
I received an email from my dealer that my truck in in port. Now I wait for inspections and shipping. 😁
Nothing from my dealer. But I did find on my own that my Gren reached the port 1/22 so it should be soon.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Dealers have no idea what goes on at the port. Ineos claims the same. I think that for dealers, vehicle transport trucks just magically appear in front of their doors randomly and they then have to figure out whose they are and what to do with them. Would it really be that hard for the dealer to contact the port and know what to expect? I was able to track my rig halfway around the globe and then have no idea where it is in the USA!

Last edited:

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
I got to tell you, my Power Wagon was REDICULOUS. It took nearly 6 months, and it came from Mexico! They wait until they have a full train, then it went to the North East or something and back to New Mexico. Crazy inefficient. Finally my dealer went nuts and got special permission to go get it from the rail yard.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Dang! Wonder what happens at the US Customs and why this long.
That isn't a customs hold; that is a mix of the port doing their thing and scheduling transport to the dealer

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was the port for a month.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dang! Wonder what happens at the US Customs and why this long.
Not Customs, but lots of things,
- inspection of vehicles w/high-load electrical
- tow hitch removal
- random order of vehicle processing post-discharge.
- only three IG’s on a transport trailer

My dealer was getting 9-12 IG’s a week.

Last edited:

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That isn't a customs hold; that is a mix of the port doing their thing and scheduling transport to the dealer

Thanks Anand. It still is taking long. the reason I said this because I had a car shipped from Germany, and the whole process only took about 6 weeks.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Anand. It still is taking long. the reason I said this because I had a car shipped from Germany, and the whole process only took about 6 weeks.
So with vehicles early into port there was a massive learning curve going on from a number of different aspects... The port staff becoming acquainted with the Grenadier and it's protocols for QC/inspections; then you had the hitch removal and wiring inspection for arrivals before early/mid January; and transport.

As stated, unlike your average vehicle (one with a <80" height), only 3-4 Grenadiers are on each transport trailer to a dealer, many other brands haul on 9 car haulers, so that's 3x the trailers alone.

Moving forward it should be notably quicker

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
AT THE DEALER TODAY!
Got the text this morning from Rusnak in Pasadena, CA. Just 90 miles away and a few more days.... I've been following the development of this thing for 6 years.

UPDATE: Rusnak is sending a ride to my house to take me to the dealership this Thursday AM. That's class! Just three days to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom