The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What is the exact procedure to train/learn/register new TPMS sensors to the Grenadier?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Can I test program a sensor and redo it if I get it wrong?

Does the sensor need to be in a tire to be programmed? I'm thinking I'd like to get the procedure tested once before I have the tires and sensors installed on the rim.

And thanks btw. Super useful!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Can I test program a sensor and redo it if I get it wrong?

Does the sensor need to be in a tire to be programmed? I'm thinking I'd like to get the procedure tested once before I have the tires and sensors installed on the rim.

And thanks btw. Super useful!
You can program/reprogram the sensor as many times as you'd like

The sensor doesn't need to be in a tire to be programmed, just mark the sensors so you know which one goes into which position

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After doing the updates, switching to Euro, and turning off TPS Prog limit...

Quick mode, Ineos, Grenadier, select the dates, scan all sensors. Go around and grab the sensor data. Store this (I just took a pic with my phone).

Then you can go to Program sensor; and if I'm not mistaken, Copy by Activation.

If there is a span of time in between scanning the factory sensors, and programming the MX sensors, just use Copy By Manual Input. This will allow you to go around one at a time and program each of the MX sensors by entering the hex ID of the factory sensor in that location (what you wrote down or took a picture of above)
Just got my programmer. I updated it over wifi without any issues.
Is there a particular reason to switch to euro? I see the ineos in the US database. Any other reason for it?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
Is there a particular reason to switch to euro? I see the ineos in the US database. Any other reason for it?
Originally the Grenadier was only visible under Europe, sounds like US now also.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Originally the Grenadier was only visible under Europe, sounds like US now also.
Originally it was Euro only; now they include it for the US.... A few weeks ago whilst programming my new sensors (my first set of MX sensors inexplicably died after 6 weeks) the TS508 refused to see them or program them unless I switched to Euro (despite trying US Grenadier first), so thus why I suggested it

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Originally it was Euro only; now they include it for the US.... A few weeks ago whilst programming my new sensors (my first set of MX sensors inexplicably died after 6 weeks) the TS508 refused to see them or program them unless I switched to Euro (despite trying US Grenadier first), so thus why I suggested it
Got it. Thank you!

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got the Tire and Wheel package shipped and they installed the Schrader SCHRFK4S TPMS sensors, which off course are NOT registering.

Is there a way to reprogram/clone these sensors with the AUTEL tool ?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @anand I just had my tires mounted on the steel rims I bought. It was super easy to clone the sensors following your procedure.
I had to do the spare tire manually by scanning the spare and entering the hex code manually but that was pretty easy too.

Thank for the help!

Back
Top Bottom