The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
Fitted a spoiler after having it repainted - comes in gloss black only, but I had it repainted matte black which I prefer. 😀 Vehicle performance not enhanced (🤣), but it did rain last night and there were no annoying drips when I opened the rear doors - love it just for that‼️

Attachments

• IMG_6004.jpeg
    IMG_6004.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6007.jpeg
    IMG_6007.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Bobby Mac : I'm most interested in this in terms of the spoiler's impact on airflow.
As it stands, square box shape creates a large area of low pressure which in turn, not only causes drag, but increases the accumulation of rain water/mud/dust etc. on the rear windows and back doors generally.
Your spoiler might just be sufficient to smooth the airflow and reduce the low pressure area. Various Toyotas, Subaru Impreza etc seem to have incorporated a similar idea in their SUV/hatchback designs to varying degrees...

PS: I like the spare tyre cover.... I assume it's a bespoke job? :unsure:

Last edited:

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Bobby Mac : I'm most interested in this in terms of the spoiler's impact on airflow.
As it stands, square box shape creates a large area of low pressure which in turn, not only causes drag, but increases the accumulation of rain water/mud/dust etc. on the rear windows and back doors generally.
Your spoiler might just be sufficient to smooth the airflow and reduce the low pressure area. Various Toyotas, Subaru Impreza etc seem to have incorporated a similar idea in their SUV/hatchback designs to varying degrees...

PS: I like the spare tyre cover.... I assume it's a bespoke job? :unsure:
Yes, my own design manufactured by https://sparewheelcovers.com.au/ - great people to deal with.

Attachments

• IMG_6008.jpeg
    IMG_6008.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 28

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Fitted a spoiler after having it repainted - comes in gloss black only, but I had it repainted matte black which I prefer. 😀 Vehicle performance not enhanced (🤣), but it did rain last night and there were no annoying drips when I opened the rear doors - love it just for that‼️
Neat job with te spoiler. Di you fabricate it yourself...? and how is it attached to the vehicle?

Back
Top Bottom