The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
I picked up my Grenadier today. New front prop shaft and repairs to oil cooler pipes and I understand a thermostat on the transfer case was damaged. That’s all good and working fine on 60 mile journey home from the dealers. They have also replaced the side steps as the original ones had been stripped of paint underneath due to driving on gravel roads. The new side steps have a tougher paint coating apparently.
The winch has been checked out and the winch control unit is deemed to be faulty so a new one is on order. An audible click can be heard at the controller but no power to the winch.
And a couple of campaign issues have been addressed one of which is to add a battery cover over the live terminal of the auxiliary battery. Very pleased with that as that exposed live terminal has always bugged me.
Finally the damaged drive/prop shaft has been packaged up and awaiting collection for a delivery back to Ineos for an analysis of what’s gone wrong.
Well done to the team at Harwoods for getting me sorted.
One more thing I never realised. I asked the guys at Harwoods why my auto headlight setting seems to be permanently on. The simple answer was a I have a M&M dash cover on and this covering up the sensor in the centre of the dash behind the main screen 🤔😂
View attachment 7868495
View attachment 7868496
Congrats! Hopefully they will report to you what happened. Might be wishful thinking but would be good to know and pass along.

@Jean Mercier M&M is Melville & Moon I believe..not the candy.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
I’m told it’s the C clip at the CV joint but whole drive shaft replaced.
Edit. The failed C clip was the cause of the failure I’m told but from the photos it looks like the CV joint is a bit smashed up.
Thanks for that and it will be interesting to hear about the prop...I also have told the dealer about my side steps rusting, I have my 30000klm coming up, so I might wait for the steps to arrive if they have actually been improved (y)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
Not particularly exciting but I had my UHF, lightbar and an andersen plug to the back installed yesterday.

One thing I do rate is a new bullbar antenna attachment that ARB have brought out though. Very cool. You can attach it anywhere along the bullbar tube - just drill through the tube and a barrel keeps it rigid and it doesn’t move. As most of of my touring going forward will be with the bride in the passenger seat, I didn’t want to mount it on the inside of the hoop straight in front of her. That would piss me off so while she’s never said anything, I’m sure it does her as well. Using this attachment I can put it on the outside on an angle and it looks much better than the normal spring mount. I may cop more whacks from shrubs/tree branches etc but the happy wife / happy life trade off should be worth it.
Being out of the way also means I can put my fishing rod holders on that hoop as well without the antenna being in the way.
The bullbar mounts on the narva lightbar are also pretty good I think.

IMG_6600.jpegIMG_6602.jpegIMG_6601.jpeg

Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not particularly exciting but I had my UHF, lightbar and an andersen plug to the back installed yesterday.

One thing I do rate is a new bullbar antenna attachment that ARB have brought out though. Very cool. You can attach it anywhere along the bullbar tube - just drill through the tube and a barrel keeps it rigid and it doesn’t move. As most of of my touring going forward will be with the bride in the passenger seat, I didn’t want to mount it on the inside of the hoop straight in front of her. That would piss me off so while she’s never said anything, I’m sure it does her as well. Using this attachment I can put it on the outside on an angle and it looks much better than the normal spring mount. I may cop more whacks from shrubs/tree branches etc but the happy wife / happy life trade off should be worth it.

View attachment 7868533View attachment 7868534View attachment 7868535
That is a nice antenna mount. @bigleonski

Where did you install the Anderson and how did you get power to it?

I've been thinking about drilling the top of the roo bar post and installing a lightweight spring base antenna there. Just needs a wedge to set the antenna vertical. Easy to solve.
Similar to how EHQ have installed this lightbar bracket set; which looks very close to putting the lightbar higher than the top of the bonnet?
Then there's those rod holders... 🤔
Anyway, example only!

Screenshot_20240830-134952.jpg

Paddy

GG-7777
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
Do you know what. I’m just as much in the dark as you are. I’m joining some guys on this forum in a couple of weeks time to find out. From what I can tell it’s travelling on permitted but un paved by ways.
I’ll let you know the ins and outs soon 👍🏼
If you don't mind me asking, where are you planning to go? I'm based Jct. 4a of the M3 on the Surrey/Hants border and see you're not far away...

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Being out of the way also means I can put my fishing rod holders on that hoop as well without the antenna being in the way.

View attachment 7868533View attachment 7868534View attachment 7868535
A new UHF bracket for the Roo Bar. Please let us know the details.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, where are you planning to go? I'm based Jct. 4a of the M3 on the Surrey/Hants border and see you're not far away...
Yorkshire. Along with some others on the forum. A long way to go from the South Coast but looking forward to it. I’m always up for other meet ups though. 👍🏼

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is a nice antenna mount. @bigleonski

Where did you install the Anderson and how did you get power to it?

I've been thinking about drilling the top of the roo bar post and installing a lightweight spring base antenna there. Just needs a wedge to set the antenna vertical. Easy to solve.
Similar to how EHQ have installed this lightbar bracket set; which looks very close to putting the lightbar higher than the top of the bonnet?
Then there's those rod holders... 🤔
Anyway, example only!

View attachment 7868541

Straight to the battery with a relay mate.

74643846612__130798A8-3F3B-47D4-922A-C9F9A8D3DE2F.jpeg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_3869.jpegI’ve just received and unpacked my Almont4WD underbody protection plates. Very impressed with the packaging and quality of the product. Will take a few weeks for me to get it all fitted as time allows but no rush for now Didn’t go for the front plate
as mine still in good order and rear bash plate has been replaced recently anyway
IMG_3862.jpegIMG_3863.jpegIMG_3864.jpegIMG_3865.jpegIMG_3866.jpegIMG_3867.jpegIMG_3868.jpeg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7868660I’ve just received and unpacked my Almont4WD underbody protection plates. Very impressed with the packaging and quality of the product. Will take a few weeks for me to get it all fitted as time allows but no rush for now Didn’t go for the front plate
as mine still in good order and rear bash plate has been replaced recently anyway
View attachment 7868652View attachment 7868653View attachment 7868654View attachment 7868655View attachment 7868656View attachment 7868657View attachment 7868658
Looking good. Hope to start my install of them today or tomo agw (all going well @jeanmercier)

Back
Top Bottom