The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
I did one of the more important parts of my build today.

I affixed the AED sticker onto Wally, to let people know I am carrying a heart defibrillator. One sticker on each side.

I hope that is not an invite to steal the AED!

IMG_9301.jpg

Last edited:

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Had truck wrapped with SunTek Ultra PPF. Mounted the Leitner 3/4 roof rack over two slow evenings. Fantastic material and design. Low profile, solid, beast of a rack. Then up a forest service road because, I dunno, it was there and the truck was too clean.

20240825-P8250017-ORF-2.jpg

Matte black wrapped the paint above and below the grille to match the rest of the grille and headlight shroud. (Thanks; I stole this idea from someone here.) And the chrome strips across the stock grille always struck me as out of place (there's no other chrome on the vehicle!) so black those went. Pardon the sandwich. :LOL:

20240825-P8250023-ORF-2.jpg

Next project is selecting cargo shelves, drawer, and fridge.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
My afternoon has been ruined. Driving on an A road just outside Poole about 35mph in a 40mph limit and an almighty bang. Stopped the Grenadier got out and Transmission oil everywhere and no drive. Now waiting for the AA 🤬🤬🤬🤬
hello @Logsplitter have you had any feedback from the garage? I hope that something comes of it and that you get your Grenadier back quickly. My planned trip at the end of September is worrying me. Best regards Barney

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
hello @Logsplitter have you had any feedback from the garage? I hope that something comes of it and that you get your Grenadier back quickly. My planned trip at the end of September is worrying me. Best regards Barney
Yes the front prop shaft has been replaced and any associated damage been fixed such as the replacement of oil cooler pipes and replaced gearbox oil. While at the dealers they have also checked out the winch for me as I couldn’t get it to work and have never used it apart from to try it out on my driveway after first receiving the vehicle. They have diagnosed that the winch control unit is faulty so a new one is on order . I’ll collect the vehicle tomorrow and take it back in when the winch controller is in stock. I to have a planned journey through Germany and Switzerland in early October and some Green laning trip in a couple of weeks time. I am hoping no more problems. Hopefully Ineos are having a full investigation into the cause of the prop shaft failures especially in an unmodified vehicle.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
@Logsplitter

What is Green laning?

I am writing up some Aussie 4WD terms right now. To post when ready.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Logsplitter

What is Green laning?

Do you know what. I’m just as much in the dark as you are. I’m joining some guys on this forum in a couple of weeks time to find out. From what I can tell it’s travelling on permitted but un paved by ways.
I’ll let you know the ins and outs soon 👍🏼

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
@Logsplitter

What is Green laning?

What is Green Laning? | Isuzu UK​

1724881347713.png
Isuzu UK
https://www.isuzu.co.uk › news › what-is-green-laning

Where can I drive? - Green Lane Association

The secret to finding green lanes near you - Adventure Bike ...

Green laning permits legal driving on unsealed public highways with road-legal vehicles at slower speeds, accessible to families and enthusiasts. In contrast, off-roading typically involves private land or organised events, allowing non-road legal vehicles with diverse driving conditions and specific regulations.7 Apr 2024

Here in Oz the lanes are usually for the property owners to move cattle. The property owners can also have permission to use these lanes for extra feed in hard times and are known as the long paddock, the same as the side of the road...I had an old fella who fixed my whips tell me of his Lane Droving days where he would move cattle for days using a few horses and dogs instead of road transport. (y)

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Spent the day, still here actually, at my dealership. I am 3 hours away and they had/have 6 hours of work. They are installing new safari window seals, reattaching door seals, replacing drivers door body seal and fixing the stain in the headliner from the leak. I was supposed to get lift, tires and wolf box Friday but with all the drive shaft failure talk I am going to postpone for a bit.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Yes the front prop shaft has been replaced and any associated damage been fixed such as the replacement of oil cooler pipes and replaced gearbox oil. While at the dealers they have also checked out the winch for me as I couldn’t get it to work and have never used it apart from to try it out on my driveway after first receiving the vehicle. They have diagnosed that the winch control unit is faulty so a new one is on order . I’ll collect the vehicle tomorrow and take it back in when the winch controller is in stock. I to have a planned journey through Germany and Switzerland in early October and some Green laning trip in a couple of weeks time. I am hoping no more problems. Hopefully Ineos are having a full investigation into the cause of the prop shaft failures especially in an unmodified vehicle.
Thanks so much for all the feedback back but I am confused with the main reason for the fault in the first place now, was it a circlip or prop shaft failure and if it was the latter what part of the prop shaft have they told you, failed? I appreciate you sharing the situation you are in and the results...cheers Max (y)

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the feedback back but I am confused with the main reason for the fault in the first place now, was it a circlip or prop shaft failure and if it was the latter what part of the prop shaft have they told you, failed? I appreciate you sharing the situation you are in and the results...cheers Max (y)
I’m told it’s the C clip at the CV joint but whole drive shaft replaced.
Edit. The failed C clip was the cause of the failure I’m told but from the photos it looks like the CV joint is a bit smashed up.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
What I did today:
  1. crawled under my car and removed 3.5 kg of dried mud/clay still there after my Romania trip in last June
  2. inspected the drive shafts: everything seems to be OK. The clips are indeed clips.
  3. found some dents in the protection plate of my gasoline tank, but nothing serious
  4. also some bending/dent of the rear skid plate
  5. scratches
  6. and a quite ugly and already rusted damage, but in my opinion not critical, of my anterior left anchor point of those bars (stabilization bar? I don't know the name). It is somewhat ripped at the most "yellow" or rusted part (should have made a better picture)
  7. did some mall crawling :eek:
  8. [EDITED] I also tested for the first time (YES: THE FIRST TIME :eek:) my center headlights: I don't need to be in off-road to use them! I didn't know. I even didn't know if they worked :ROFLMAO:
This concerns n°1: the blue is the inside of the basket, should have taken the picture a bit higher, but the effect is nice :cool:
20240829_154747.jpg

Concerns n°2: the clips
20240829_131712.jpg

Concerns n°3, a bit blurry, but you can see the dent
20240829_131859.jpg

This concerns n°6, the damaged part is a bit blurry, but you clearly see the rust20240829_154208.jpg

No pictures of 4, 5 and of course 7 ;)
[EDITED] No pictures of n°8

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my Grenadier today. New front prop shaft and repairs to oil cooler pipes and I understand a thermostat on the transfer case was damaged. That’s all good and working fine on 60 mile journey home from the dealers. They have also replaced the side steps as the original ones had been stripped of paint underneath due to driving on gravel roads. The new side steps have a tougher paint coating apparently.
The winch has been checked out and the winch control unit is deemed to be faulty so a new one is on order. An audible click can be heard at the controller but no power to the winch.
And a couple of campaign issues have been addressed one of which is to add a battery cover over the live terminal of the auxiliary battery. Very pleased with that as that exposed live terminal has always bugged me.
Finally the damaged drive/prop shaft has been packaged up and awaiting collection for a delivery back to Ineos for an analysis of what’s gone wrong.
Well done to the team at Harwoods for getting me sorted.
One more thing I never realised. I asked the guys at Harwoods why my auto headlight setting seems to be permanently on. The simple answer was a I have a M&M dash cover on and this covering up the sensor in the centre of the dash behind the main screen 🤔😂
IMG_3842.jpeg
IMG_3841.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom