The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
The ripe old age of 101.

Although, I’d guess only about 2% of the population in Australia would have heard of Howard. Like most other places including the US, the rest of its people have likely never been anywhere near a farm sadly.
I would have thought differently. But of course, people who only consume agricultural products don't think about what equipment is used to produce them. I've been interested in this technology and its history since I was a child.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
I fitted (temporarily pending my sparky fitting this, a rear anderson plug, and my UHF next week) a Narva EX2 20” double lightbar.
Thought I’d share in case anyone was considering it and wondered if it fits.
I purchased bullbar mounting brackets to fix it to the bullbar top tube rather than the base.
I tell you what, it just fits, and the brackets are right on the edge of the tube before it bends down to where it joins to the bar upright. Certainly couldn’t fit anything wider and mount it to the top tube.
I picked Narva in the end for two reasons. Firstly they supposedly have a much wider close range spread (top priority for me) than stedi or lightforce without giving up too much distance (I don’t care what’s a kilometer down the road), and secondly I got them at a big discount to retail price via a friend. Laser at 3 times the price is overkill for my use.
It also has a 7 year no fault warranty if it breaks for any reason and you get a new one.
I’ll fit an amber cover for use in the sea mist of Fraser Island when I head up next weekend and let you know how they go.

IMG_6568.jpegIMG_6570.jpeg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I fitted (temporarily pending my sparky fitting this, a rear anderson plug, and my UHF next week) a Narva EX2 20” double lightbar.
Thought I’d share in case anyone was considering it and wondered if it fits.
I purchased bullbar mounting brackets to fix it to the bullbar top tube rather than the base.
I tell you what, it just fits, and the brackets are right on the edge of the tube before it bends down to where it joins to the bar upright. Certainly couldn’t fit anything wider and mount it to the top tube.
I picked Narva in the end for two reasons. Firstly they supposedly have a much wider close range spread (top priority for me) than stedi or lightforce without giving up too much distance (I don’t care what’s a kilometer down the road), and secondly I got them at a big discount to retail price via a friend. Laser at 3 times the price is overkill for my use.
It also has a 7 year no fault warranty if it breaks for any reason and you get a new one.
I’ll fit an amber cover for use in the sea mist of Fraser Island when I head up next weekend and let you know how they go.

View attachment 7867552View attachment 7867553
What mounting brackets did you use? They look a bit like the brackets I saw at XHQ. Cameron and I used the STEDI Hex brackets,

So far AU owners have managed to fit a single 20 inch Lightforce Viper (me), a 20 inch double row 20 inch Viper (@CBN) and now the Narava EX2 double row 20 inch (you) - on the top Roo Bar hoop. All of them just fitted (bracket choice is critical).

My single row Viper provides so much light, the double even more light. It also provides a lot of light in close and out about 20-30 metres off the road.

We have choices and choices are good.

XHQ like Narva lightbars

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What mounting brackets did you use? They look a bit like the brackets I saw at XHQ. Cameron and I used the STEDI Hex brackets,

So far AU owners have managed to fit a single 20 inch Lightforce Viper (me), a 20 inch double row 20 inch Viper (@CBN) and now the Narava EX2 double row 20 inch (you) - on the top Roo Bar hoop. All of them just fitted (bracket choice is critical).

My single row Viper provides so much light, the double even more light. It also provides a lot of light in close and out about 20-30 metres off the road.

We have choices and choices are good.

XHQ like Narva lightbars

Narva make dedicated EX2 bullbar hoop brackets in 2” (fits the grenny), 2.5” and 3” sizes.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Bull bar arrived from down under this afternoon. After seeing Tom's beautiful rig on the last Elliot Bay outing I had to have one. Lift, wheels and tires were supposed to be installed last Tuesday but only 4 of the 5 tires showed. Hopefully next week.
IMG_6420 (1)-2.jpg

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was at the field day today with my Grenadier. Technology from old and new times was exhibited and demonstrated. There were a few questions about the Grenadier. When I said that the Grenadier is a robust vehicle also for use in agriculture, I was told that it was far too expensive. No farmer can afford that. And yes, I can imagine that. Many drive their Lada, Jimny, Ranger. I tend to stand out when I drive the Grenadier across the fields.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
I was at the field day today with my Grenadier. Technology from old and new times was exhibited and demonstrated. There were a few questions about the Grenadier. When I said that the Grenadier is a robust vehicle also for use in agriculture, I was told that it was far too expensive. No farmer can afford that. And yes, I can imagine that. Many drive their Lada, Jimny, Ranger. I tend to stand out when I drive the Grenadier across the fields.
I will always see more pick ups on the fields - L200, Hilux, Izuzu - cant be beaten for work to price ratio. Almost disposable or they once were, times have changed but the Gren just more of a keeper especially given its starting price

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will always see more pick ups on the fields - L200, Hilux, Izuzu - cant be beaten for work to price ratio. Almost disposable or they once were, times have changed but the Gren just more of a keeper especially given its starting price
I agree and I wonder if the Quartermaster will be purchased for that segment of the market, I would be buying one if I were back in time carting the camping, push bikes, surfboards, and the children on the road and off...we drove a VW Kombi dual cab then (y)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
A while back my wife picked up a couple of these cheap LED striplights , thinking they might come in handy for something one day. That day arrived. Stuck the strip to a length of aluminium strip and ziptied it all to my home made cargo shelf. It works an absolute treat. Welcome to my stripjoint!

Attachments

• 20240826_074044.jpg
    20240826_074044.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • 20240826_074320.jpg
    20240826_074320.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
  • 20240826_074401.jpg
    20240826_074401.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom