The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
Just received my insurance renewal, it's a multi car with 4 vehicles. If I remember rightly the mileage restriction on the Grenadier is 12,000 and business use. Quite happy with this after seeing some people's insurance quotes. Insurance company does stipulate a tracker which I have paid for a lifetime cover.
£650

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Tonight I was out with the Grenadier in the fields, woods and meadows and had a look at the game fence that has been built against African swine fever. I kept the engine running when I got out of the car. I thought it was loud. At one point, I accidentally switched it off. Then the dpf burn came on. That was hell. There of all places. At least there would have been onlookers in the supermarket car park.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, where are you planning to go? I'm based Jct. 4a of the M3 on the Surrey/Hants border and see you're not far away...
Paddy. You're not far from me either - J5 on M3

Paddy

GG-7777
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Paddy. You're not far from me either - J5 on M3
Perhaps we should meet up at some point and shoot the breeze? I may have seen you on the M3 near Jct3 the other day heading north? There's 5 ways end (I think it's called) in Nately that's not a bad green lane if the hedges are trimmed! I've not spotted @simonpa around recently, perhaps he can be encouraged out too ;)

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps we should meet up at some point and shoot the breeze? I may have seen you on the M3 near Jct3 the other day heading north? There's 5 ways end (I think it's called) in Nately that's not a bad green lane if the hedges are trimmed! I've not spotted @simonpa around recently, perhaps he can be encouraged out too ;)
Away at the moment. Would be good to meet up when back in a couple of weeks.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I fitted my Almont4wd under guard protection. Straightforward but not easy laid on your back trying to line everything up. Of note the supplied IMG_3899.jpegm10 x 60mm bolts supplied for two of the fixings on the main transmission cover are too short and I found some old shock absorber mounting bolts and repurposed those. It’s needs about 75mm bolts . Also the front diff guard had an interference with the steering damper when the steering linkage rotates on its swivel joints so I had to take a slice off of the guard. All in all it’s good quality very substantial kit and super happy with the outcome. I have also purchased a fuel tank guard and will replace the original at some point. IMG_3894.jpegIMG_3893.jpegIMG_3902.jpegIMG_3902.jpegIMG_3911.jpegIMG_3905.jpegIMG_3904.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3912.jpeg
    IMG_3912.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3897.jpeg
    IMG_3897.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3910.jpeg
    IMG_3910.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Yes the front prop shaft has been replaced and any associated damage been fixed such as the replacement of oil cooler pipes and replaced gearbox oil. While at the dealers they have also checked out the winch for me as I couldn’t get it to work and have never used it apart from to try it out on my driveway after first receiving the vehicle. They have diagnosed that the winch control unit is faulty so a new one is on order . I’ll collect the vehicle tomorrow and take it back in when the winch controller is in stock. I to have a planned journey through Germany and Switzerland in early October and some Green laning trip in a couple of weeks time. I am hoping no more problems. Hopefully Ineos are having a full investigation into the cause of the prop shaft failures especially in an unmodified vehicle.
Hi all- I am still thinking a lot about the crashed prop shaft drom Logsplitters car ( on a non lifted Grenadier) and others cases, where the „rubber“ is falling apart at liftet cars.

I do not want to start a technical discussion and for sure a more straight/flat angel of the shaft is better or more foregiving…..
However, I believe is is to easy to say it is „a general prop shaft issue“ when it comes to liftet cars.
First- obviously some cars non lifted showing the same topic.
Second - taking into consideration how many Grenadiers are lifted and put it in context to the so far known cases…..for sure it is not a „general problem“ - at least not from my point of view.

Since I have a under body protection and I was on vacation, I couldn‘t check the shaft properly. Now, after being back home I have checked it with an endoscope camera. After 40.000 km, 25.000 with a lift of 40 mm and using the car frequently in rather harsh conditions (dust, mud, through woods) the thing looks like new. See fotos below.
So- are we sure the root cause is the lift….or the lift alone?
Oh- on a highway I am rather turtle speed driver…..100-110 km/h….
Just food for thought….. and because it is a lazy su day 😂😂👍

Image_2024-09-01 18_24_09_680.jpegImage_2024-09-01 18_23_27_183.jpegImage_2024-09-01 18_23_43_804.jpeg

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
I need some new ramps. Mine aren’t up to the job of supporting a Grenadier. 😳View attachment 7868816
The things one bought were already no good back then. That's why my father welded some himself over 50 years ago. And they hold their own. Back then it was just a 2002 BMW. I haven't needed it since I got my lift. But who knows. But you can come round with your vehicle and have do the repair in my yard. 😉

Attachments

• 6BC3AAD1-26B8-4AA3-982C-95BBC7F79EB3.jpeg
    6BC3AAD1-26B8-4AA3-982C-95BBC7F79EB3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I too fitted some of the Almont protection. Really beefy stuff and very happy with the quality. Thanks to @PC01 for very valuable tips like needing thread restorers for cleaning out some of the threads that Ineos have plugged and the need to drill certain sub frame members. Will write up in more detail when back from travels out east.

Would've benefitted greatly from a ramp or wheel ramps, or a good diet.

Started off fitting the Bison side Molle panels, excellent kit from them once again. I christened both bottle openers!!!

Then moved on to the Almont, fitted rear nearside arm cover and rear diff plate. The rest will have to wait a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_1643.jpeg
    IMG_1643.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • FD4ED7C6-DE23-4163-A37D-3AD4747981A6.jpeg
    FD4ED7C6-DE23-4163-A37D-3AD4747981A6.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1646.jpeg
    IMG_1646.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1656.jpeg
    IMG_1656.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1654.jpeg
    IMG_1654.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 45

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Today I fitted my Almont4wd under guard protection. Straightforward but not easy laid on your back trying to line everything up. Of note the supplied View attachment 7868796m10 x 60mm bolts supplied for two of the fixings on the main transmission cover are too short and I found some old shock absorber mounting bolts and repurposed those. It’s needs about 75mm bolts . Also the front diff guard had an interference with the steering damper when the steering linkage rotates on its swivel joints so I had to take a slice off of the guard. All in all it’s good quality very substantial kit and super happy with the outcome. I have also purchased a fuel tank guard and will replace the original at some point. View attachment 7868797View attachment 7868798View attachment 7868799View attachment 7868799View attachment 7868802View attachment 7868801View attachment 7868805
How many kilograms or pounds did you add to your vehicle?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
I installed my rival engine and transmission cover today.
Fit great after I trimmed the edge of the center bar 5mm on each side.
Looks really solid for my kind of overlanding and driving.

Had to get ramps to get it off the ground enough to get space underneath.
Got these ones, and they worked great:

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Tonight I was out with the Grenadier in the fields, woods and meadows and had a look at the game fence that has been built against African swine fever. I kept the engine running when I got out of the car. I thought it was loud. At one point, I accidentally switched it off. Then the dpf burn came on. That was hell. There of all places. At least there would have been onlookers in the supermarket car park.
I experienced this for the first time today after dropping off at an early hour at the airport 😳
It’s quite the attention seeking feature 🤣

Back
Top Bottom