The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
My build month was March.
Yesterday I was traveling back from Noosa where I was able to pick up an adaptor for my trailer lights 13 pin Euro to 7 pin flat... then called into the agents to show them the rubber mat for the rear luggage compartment and how it fits perfectly for the tie-down strips...as you can see I have not cut all the fixing points but think 3 aside will do the job...the rubber mat has small round lugs on the under surface that act like little suction caps...it apparently designed for working and walking on wet areas...I initially bought it for my daughter's coir mat to sit on outside in the weather so the water and sand would fall through and not have a soggy coir mat...it works a treat...it is quite heavy...the little round lugs I cut off to sit flat in the corners were you can see the slightly raised section were I have lifted the mat to expose the strip...the best cutting method I could come up with was sitting it on a strip of timber, a steel straight edge and a Stanley knife that I sharpened on a stone...I left a piece of the rubber profile with the agents, Paul and Simon at Noosa Mazda who are right into what is going on in the Gren world...they have a demo which is Simon's own car...he is happy to through you the keys...happy motoring ;)
I used a heap of that rubber matting in my old Defender. I first used it because I found my heel would wear quickly a hole through the soft LR floor mats which were expensive. The LR mats were the deep type to hold dirt, water etc.
I found after dropping inserts of this matting into those LR mats, it stopped wear and allowed any sand, water, etc to drop through for easy cleaning.
It is very tough and heavy, but a great product until you drop that small nut or washer!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Little play to get some dirt on the wheels today. Nothing challenging but a dirt road with some
Steep sections and lots of twists and turns. Really loving the way it drives, the power is awesome, it pulls like a train up hills and such a comfortable place to be in.
IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4603.jpeg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
Little play to get some dirt on the wheels today. Nothing challenging but a dirt road with some
Steep sections and lots of twists and turns. Really loving the way it drives, the power is awesome, it pulls like a train up hills and such a comfortable place to be in.
View attachment 7824936
View attachment 7824937
Hi AnS3rew, That Britannia Blue with Scottish White roof looks incredible. The only thing that outshines it is your super cute buddy in the back seat. DaBull

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
@AnD3rew - I'm in the cups and taking the piss, so bear with me. Your Gren in your first pic only looks blue because it is taking an Admiral Nelson broadside of a solar flare. The second pic is much more realistic, where it looks Inky Black or Donny Grey.

Don't hate me.

Reactions: PBD

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7824936
View attachment 7824937
Colour looks awesome, I would have gone for that combination if I wanted a dark coloured vehicle 👍🏼
Looks much better than Donny Grey IMO

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@AnD3rew - I'm in the cups and taking the piss, so bear with me. Your Gren in your first pic only looks blue because it is taking an Admiral Nelson broadside of a solar flare. The second pic is much more realistic, where it looks Inky Black or Donny Grey.

Don't hate me.
In the shadows it is dark, but in any light it is blue blue blue.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
New shoes on. 285-70/17. Speedo still reads a fraction under gps speed. Pretty much bang on accurate.

Lanoguard applied too. I knew it came from sheep, but I didn’t realise it smelled like sheep! I was craving a kebab by the end.

Attachments

• IMG_4784.jpeg
    IMG_4784.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4782.jpeg
    IMG_4782.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 128

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
shame @Jean Mercier isn't a hunter or we would've had a workaround by now!
Hm.. the daylight driving lights shut off will only be required in off-road mode.. perhaps that is a way of being compliant with regulations. Perhaps this is worth discussing with Ineos

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hm.. the daylight driving lights shut off will only be required in off-road mode.. perhaps that is a way of being compliant with regulations. Perhaps this is worth discussing with Ineos
Definitely one of the first things to discuss with my hacker.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I‘d love to have a camo mode for the driving lights as well. But I think that is more for the look and feel. For the game it probably doesn’t make any difference whether the noisy vehicle crawling through their bush has its lights on or not.
I‘d love to have a camo mode for the driving lights as well. But I think that is more for the look and feel. For the game it probably doesn’t make any difference whether the noisy vehicle crawling through their bush has its lights on or not.
You're absolutely right, the wild boars don't care whether I drive through the forest with my lights on or not. But you know the sound of the engine and only come when the idiot has gone. 🤣

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You're absolutely right, the wild boars don't care whether I drive through the forest with my lights on or not. But you know the sound of the engine and only come when the idiot has gone. 🤣
If this is now getting hunting related we should perhaps discuss this elsewhere.
Deer ist used to vehicle noise in populated areas so is boar. - Seen boar in broad daylight near a shooting range in Frankfurt forest close to airport. - They do not go away - and ignore normal people. - They know exactly what humans cause danger. They even watch us when shooting clay.

The problem in just driving lights is the blue portion of the light and the problem of slow adjustment of the human eye to fast changing light conditions.

I like to shut all lighting during moon phase - and use natural light. So when I monitor certain areas - its better to have the least artificial light. And if its me - I dim interior lights / cockpit, mobile phone and everything else to minimum / if not switching off - so ist better for me to cope with low light scenario. and that is the main reason why I want to have it off.

Btw the boar is not colour blind (red blind) and of course no tapetum lucidum (reflecting retina) Deer doesn't matter -but if eyes are adjusted to the environmental light conditions I notice a lot more on surrounding / not illuminated area. Animals that are hidden in shadows will be easier overlooked.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went to my dealer for the following "repairs", and left my car there at 8:00 AM, to pick it up around 17:00 PM:
  1. Airco low pressure line replacement (Airco not working)
  2. Replacement of the rubber gaskets of my Safari roofs (water infiltration in the car)
  3. Water sprayer of the windshield not working as they should
  4. Rubber placement for door knobs (they get stuck)
  5. A plastic screw of my floor rubber carpet missing after my last visit to the shop
  6. Hoping to get a software update
At 17:00 PM:
  1. Done
  2. Only right side Safari Window rubber gasket replacement, because they had only one of the rubbers (that's not what they told me two weeks ago!)
  3. Only one water sprayer works, the other still not!
  4. No time to do the door knobs
  5. Done (2 minutes work!)
  6. Of course not!
But that's not all ... let's begin with the positive points:
  • the main technician was very friendly and gave me explanation and took time for me
  • the "young" technician was eager to explain me what he had done and how!
Point by point:
  1. explanation of a bad welding at the pipe, therefore the leak (thanks!)
  2. the technician didn't know that he could remove the Safari Window! He was completely surprised when I showed him! "it would have made my repair much more easy" he said! He removed it by unscrewing the fixation parts (I don't know the exact name in English) and so on! I asked him how it was to remove the Sikalastomer that I did put on the gaskets, and he told me that he put silicone on the gasket because he thought that this was as Ineos had done it! 😨 That means they did put that gasket without any Ineos instructions! I should have made a picture of the final result, but forgot, it is dark now!
  3. Not ok, like I said: not solved, my right side windscreen will not get cleaned by the sprayer!
  4. Also not
But, why didn't they finish the job? Why didn't they have enough time?
Very simple: they started at 13:13 PM!
How do I know? Chinese spy!
Screenshot_20230828_194248_Battery Monitor.jpg
First peak: me driving to the work shop.
Second peak: they moving the car into the workshop! 13h15!
It was not my intention to spy like this, I only was curious what I would see on the voltage monitoring of the battery monitor! Great was my surprise!

Conclusion:
  • Ineos (probably) doesn't provide instructions how to mount the gaskets of the Safari Windows
  • or ... my dealer doesn't read them
  • as a "Guinea Pig" owner of a new Grenadier, - loving that car - I don't get the treatment I deserve from Ineos or Hedin 😡
And ... what I heard: Ineos has still a lot of problems, and as examples:
  • a car was delivered with on one rear side tinted glass the other side normal glass
  • a car was delivered with on one side the utility L-track rail, the other side the plastic "cover"
  • another had a quite bad accident (rear) and no spare parts available to repair it!
I accept mistakes, but they should be open about it and help customers out ASAP. I asked about a big mistake with another customer and the Hedin guy said: "this was our mistake, not Ineos". I will not explain what kind of mistake! But this was an honest answer! That's how it should be!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom