The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
Those tie down locations worked out good. What's your plan for the drawer system?
A 300mmish wall beside each wheel arch to support a box/pocket that are also mounted to the side tie down locations. Then the Left side of the base will have sliders and a drawer front to house my bushman 35-52L fridge (This is because when the fridge isn't in the car a false floor will drop in for a flat level to match the Right side). The right side will be a 600mm wide by 700mmish deep pocket with a timber box and drawer front to match the fridge side. All Will be the same height as folded seats, however interrupted by a 35L water tank I'll install too (it sits about 70mm higher than finished floor height). Again removable for a drop in panel to give a flat level. The below pic may give a slight idea to what I'm saying. The water tank sits between the drawers and back of seats. (To hard to draw in). From memory the water tank actually is in line with the cargo barrier, Or close enough. Unfortunately with work and little one it is a Slow process but I plan to have it all done by Christmas.

Attachments

• 1000017827.jpg
    1000017827.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 158

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Above the left wheel arch. The first step, is where I plan to just have a littler 150-300 watt inverter. Mounted under my wheel arch storage box. A little extension lead with power point and some USBs mounted to a panel left of the fridge. And the jack will be accessible from a lift up panel in the left storage box.

Boise

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
@YIPPE sounds like it's going to be a nice set up. Look forward to seeing it done.

Reactions: Max

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
I went to my dealer for the following "repairs", and left my car there at 8:00 AM, to pick it up around 17:00 PM:
  1. Airco low pressure line replacement (Airco not working)
  2. Replacement of the rubber gaskets of my Safari roofs (water infiltration in the car)
  3. Water sprayer of the windshield not working as they should
  4. Rubber placement for door knobs (they get stuck)
  5. A plastic screw of my floor rubber carpet missing after my last visit to the shop
  6. Hoping to get a software update
At 17:00 PM:
  1. Done
  2. Only right side Safari Window rubber gasket replacement, because they had only one of the rubbers (that's not what they told me two weeks ago!)
  3. Only one water sprayer works, the other still not!
  4. No time to do the door knobs
  5. Done (2 minutes work!)
  6. Of course not!
But that's not all ... let's begin with the positive points:
  • the main technician was very friendly and gave me explanation and took time for me
  • the "young" technician was eager to explain me what he had done and how!
Point by point:
  1. explanation of a bad welding at the pipe, therefore the leak (thanks!)
  2. the technician didn't know that he could remove the Safari Window! He was completely surprised when I showed him! "it would have made my repair much more easy" he said! He removed it by unscrewing the fixation parts (I don't know the exact name in English) and so on! I asked him how it was to remove the Sikalastomer that I did put on the gaskets, and he told me that he put silicone on the gasket because he thought that this was as Ineos had done it! 😨 That means they did put that gasket without any Ineos instructions! I should have made a picture of the final result, but forgot, it is dark now!
  3. Not ok, like I said: not solved, my right side windscreen will not get cleaned by the sprayer!
  4. Also not
But, why didn't they finish the job? Why didn't they have enough time?
Very simple: they started at 13:13 PM!
How do I know? Chinese spy!
View attachment 7825100
First peak: me driving to the work shop.
Second peak: they moving the car into the workshop! 13h15!
It was not my intention to spy like this, I only was curious what I would see on the voltage monitoring of the battery monitor! Great was my surprise!

Conclusion:
  • Ineos (probably) doesn't provide instructions how to mount the gaskets of the Safari Windows
  • or ... my dealer doesn't read them
  • as a "Guinea Pig" owner of a new Grenadier, - loving that car - I don't get the treatment I deserve from Ineos or Hedin 😡
And ... what I heard: Ineos has still a lot of problems, and as examples:
  • a car was delivered with on one rear side tinted glass the other side normal glass
  • a car was delivered with on one side the utility L-track rail, the other side the plastic "cover"
  • another had a quite bad accident (rear) and no spare parts available to repair it!
I accept mistakes, but they should be open about it and help customers out ASAP. I asked about a big mistake with another customer and the Hedin guy said: "this was our mistake, not Ineos". I will not explain what kind of mistake! But this was an honest answer! That's how it should be!
Hi Jean, that gives me a lot confidence for the near future... At the moment no big unknown issues on my car. Except that the steering wheel is nor exactly Centred. If I put it centre, the car is pulling to the right. But that should not be an issue and is an easy fix.

jert

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fixed a couple things underneath the car and added a proper jack.

Attachments

• IMG_2413.jpeg
    IMG_2413.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2410.jpeg
    IMG_2410.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2422.jpeg
    IMG_2422.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2423.jpeg
    IMG_2423.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 169

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
I have fitted two stainless steel and plastic devices to the tie-down rails on the passenger side to carry a long light gear fishing rod used for whiting, bream, and flathead in estuaries and beaches...the last pic was to show what looks flimsy is quite strong...3 bottles of wine and two 500ml cans of a good German lager...coming in at 4.5kgs...it all works well and they came two in the pack from Whitworths Chandlery...very good boat merchandise...pretty well UV and salt protected gear...off to Rainbow Beach mainland OZ just south of Fraser Island :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_6493.jpg
    IMG_6493.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6492.jpg
    IMG_6492.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6491.jpg
    IMG_6491.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_6490.jpg
    IMG_6490.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_6489.jpg
    IMG_6489.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Really disappointed for you Jean.

From what I've seen of the CAD-IT system, there should be detailed instructions for the safari roof seal; but the system is complex, difficult to search and can be slow to load (it loads a huge amount of data with each screen.

It's not surprising then that some techs, under time pressure, just reach for the tools rather than spend 15/20 mins reviewing the online instructions.

Loving the spyware. 😂

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There's always some cracking stuff in this thread but I can't help feeling it gets lost all too soon in the generality of the thread topic.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got up early, made coffee, had a shower and drove to work in it. Two people asked me admiringly what it was and yesterday a bloke took a picture of it as I drove by (no not a traffic cop!) I enjoyed driving it, put it in low range (just for fun) and spoke to a USA contact from here in UK on my HF radio in it. It does exactly what I wanted. The bings and bongs seem to be (genuinely) getting rarer.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Following my last trip to and from Newcastle Upon Tyne and a close encounter with a flying rock, I contacted my insurer, Admiral and enquired about windscreen chip repair. Some £25 and a week later, it has been repaired on my drive this morning, with UV curing glue and a UV light.

Admiral used National Windscreens; apparently BCA (British Car Auctions), have a few Grenadiers and they seem to be picking up chips and cracks. The windscreen fitter blames the state of the roads.

Last edited:

ZEN_OWT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Today I visited Direct 4X4 in Derby who are beginning to make accessories for the Grenadier. I spoke to Mark who was pleased to see his first IG in the flesh - they have had one there previously but Mark wasn't around.

We discussed various options for accessories including side steps, runners, tables, rear drawer systems and roof racks.

I offered to bring mine back for any measurements they need to make. It's very close to my home so will await their offerings.

I then drove up to the Dales in Derbyshire to do some high-elevation radio communications for fun:

View attachment 7822670
Are you running HAM? i'm curious how you wired everything and where you chose to place the receiver.

Reactions: PBD

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You park like a BMW owner
Those white lines are a guide for where you should park
Parallel to them, not across them.
Nope, 😆 This is Brussels. We have that spot for the whole week to park our truck. Without a reserved parking spot, there is no way you get a 26 ton truck parked at your workspace. Today the Grenadier, tomorrow back to the job with the Scania.

Back
Top Bottom