The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Driving through a forest and even daring to cross the small river?

“Nein Nein Nein…that’s not erlaubt. That is foolish. This is against the rules!” (Heavy German accent)
He should get a hunting license and a permission to hunt in that area. Problem solved. (of course 1 is quite some effort, 2 could be quite tricky and costly)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
As I postponed my travel to Hungary, and had nothing special as work assignments, I decided yesterday to build an exterior L-Track mounted small table:
20230817_154741.jpg
Perhaps good I postponed my travel because I feel sick too, like my partner (therefore Corona)! 🤒😷

I took inspiration from others and used only stuff I had in my cellar and garage, including for making the L-Track fittings. As this is not meant for professional selling, I wont explain, but the pictures says everything.
The height of the lower L-Track smaller rail pieces is ideal: height of a living room table, although it doesn't look like!
20230817_155458.jpg

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
As I postponed my travel to Hungary, and had nothing special as work assignments, I decided yesterday to build an exterior L-Track mounted small table:
View attachment 7823731
Perhaps good I postponed my travel because I feel sick too, like my partner (therefore Corona)! 🤒😷

I took inspiration from others and used only stuff I had in my cellar and garage, including for making the L-Track fittings. As this is not meant for professional selling, I wont explain, but the pictures says everything.
The height of the lower L-Track smaller rail pieces is ideal: height of a living room table, although it doesn't look like!
View attachment 7823732
As long as it takes the weight of a full glass it'll be great (y)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7823731

View attachment 7823732
At least it gives you time to enjoy a damn fine beer

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
I was out in the forest again today. But it's all very dry, so I couldn't use the differential locks.
Besides the many things like water in the door frames, software, leaking air conditioners, loose door seals...there are 2 things that really bother me: The extremely loud engine fan and the daytime running lights that can't be switched off. When I drive my Disco 2 (mileage: 360 000 km), you can hardly hear it when it's running at idle speed. The highland cattle didn't dare approach the Grenadier today and only gave me sceptical looks. It sounds like a jet plane. Sad that the car manufacturers can't do better.
Basically, I am very satisfied with the Grenadier. But a lot of the little things, in my opinion, have nothing to do with the teething troubles of a new company or type of vehicle. It is simply sloppy production in Hambach!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Besides the many things like water in the door frames, software, leaking air conditioners, loose door seals...there are 2 things that really bother me: The extremely loud engine fan and the daytime running lights that can't be switched off.
The daytime running lights can be turned off from the touch screen, p159 in the manual. "General Settings, Vehicle Function"
You can probably kill the engine fan by turning on wading, (but that is a guess!)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The daytime running lights can be turned off from the touch screen, p159 in the manual. "General Settings, Vehicle Function"
You can probably kill the engine fan by turning on wading, (but that is a guess!)
@Jeremy996 Yes, I have read this reference somewhere before. But I mean that it is not possible for vehicles in Europe. I'll have a look at it again tomorrow. Thanks.

Yes, that is true about the fan wheel. But the engine does seem to need the cooling. So I don't want to just shut it down.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
Yes the manual says it's possible but it's absent from the menu on the central screen, so can't be actioned. 🤬

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Could that just be the catalytic convertor doing a periodic “burn out” - the fans really roar when that occurs. It’s the only time I have noticed them.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes the manual says it's possible but it's absent from the menu on the central screen, so can't be actioned. 🤬
I was once again confirmed that the daytime running lights cannot be turned off. I can only manage this via a do-it-yourself solution.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could that just be the catalytic convertor doing a periodic “burn out” - the fans really roar when that occurs. It’s the only time I have noticed them.
My experience is that the engine fan howls loudly for a very long time even after a few kilometers without a major load. As I said, it bothers me a lot. My dealer has also confirmed this to me. By the way, his G model also does this at comparable low loads. So it doesn't seem to be a BMW issue. Yesterday I heard an X5. It was just as loud.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Na
I was out in the forest again today. But it's all very dry, so I couldn't use the differential locks.
Besides the many things like water in the door frames, software, leaking air conditioners, loose door seals...there are 2 things that really bother me: The extremely loud engine fan and the daytime running lights that can't be switched off. When I drive my Disco 2 (mileage: 360 000 km), you can hardly hear it when it's running at idle speed. The highland cattle didn't dare approach the Grenadier today and only gave me sceptical looks. It sounds like a jet plane. Sad that the car manufacturers can't do better.
Basically, I am very satisfied with the Grenadier. But a lot of the little things, in my opinion, have nothing to do with the teething troubles of a new company or type of vehicle. It is simply sloppy production in Hambach!
My dealer and I just went looking for the cause of the water leaking from the center tunnel fairing. It is definitely not a leak in the air conditioning piping. The interior air condenses somewhere on components of the air conditioning system and then drips into the footwell. This is bad because it will cause corrosion in certain areas. The dealer has photographed this and is forwarding it to Ineos. I'll let them surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom