The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
Maybe you need a large piece of cardboard and do that optician thing as you cover one or other of the lights... "can you see more with one...or two, one...or two."

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
From the windscreen actual vehicle weight, from inside, @Jean Mercier found copies of service bulletins, @emax found shipping papers, I found my CoC.
I went down and got pics of the window labels and there was another one today.

Here are the petrol and diesel shipping weights. The petrol one also does not have a winch (I've coloured out last vin numbers to not upset anyone if I am posting theirs here.

Attachments

• 20230816_164435.jpg
    20230816_164435.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230816_164426.jpg
    20230816_164426.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 64

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
PS : the under seat organizers from the Australian guys (BDM leather) arrived before the trip . In my Opinion are a must have , so many small things accessible easily under your seat .
Hi Tinki, that sounds like an eventful trip. Could you please share the link for purchase or detailed information about the under seat organizers? I'm interested in that. Thank you.

Local time
Reaction score
I went down and got pics of the window labels and there was another one today.
Did the same. These are with no accessories fitted.
Anyone towing a van will have to watch the weight of accessories. Payload isn't great.

Attachments

• TM.winch.jpg
    TM.winch.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 47
  • base.power pack.jpg
    base.power pack.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 50

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
it is hard to get a feel for the size of under seat space - how much recovery gear could you fit under there? maybe split between both sides?
It is a decent amount of space . It’s not going to fit a tree saver but soft shackles, pulleys, webbing etc will be fine .

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did the same. These are with no accessories fitted.
Anyone towing a van will have to watch the weight of accessories. Payload isn't great.
Agreed. Particularly when you think these weights are with no fuel, no bar work, no fat bastard in drivers seat, no family or gear in the back. It's certainly not going to have the payload one was expecting

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I'm going to France in November, does anyone know if the headlight beams need masking for driving on the right?

The fancy LED headlights in my old LR110CSW had a "flat" mask with no kick up to the left, so did not need beam correction, but the brightness of the Grenadier headlights give me pause for thought.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm going to France in November, does anyone know if the headlight beams need masking for driving on the right?

The fancy LED headlights in my old LR110CSW had a "flat" mask with no kick up to the left, so did not need beam correction, but the brightness of the Grenadier headlights give me pause for thought.
I thought there was a section in the manual about masking the headlights, or does that only apply to dipped headlights.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
it is hard to get a feel for the size of under seat space - how much recovery gear could you fit under there? maybe split between both sides?
Not a lot, I would be putting the recovery gear in a bag in the back. They probably have about the same volume as a shoe box, but a bit lower narrower and longer shape.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I thought there was a section in the manual about masking the headlights, or does that only apply to dipped headlights.
1692181659267.png
1692181695757.png

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not a lot, I would be putting the recovery gear in a bag in the back. They probably have about the same volume as a shoe box, but a bit lower narrower and longer shape.
Yeah i was hoping for a permanent home for the recovery gear that was not going to end up buried under a pile of stuff.

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah i was hoping for a permanent home for the recovery gear that was not going to end up buried under a pile of stuff.
Spare tyre compartment? Too much weight out back?

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Too many thieving bastards...
Fingers crossed i wont ever need it.
I was hoping for an easy solution... but i will find somewhere once i get the truck and start playing with drawer options in the back.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am planning, hoping to have a minimalist emergency set in there (I have a winch) will have at minumum a tree trunk strap and a couple of soft shackles and a recovery ring in there. If still room will add an extension rope as well. Will have to see how much fits when it arrives.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am planning, hoping to have a minimalist emergency set in there (I have a winch) will have at minumum a tree trunk strap and a couple of soft shackles and a recovery ring in there. If still room will add an extension rope as well. Will have to see how much fits when it arrives.
I have an extension rope of 30m and it fits inside the spare tyre compartment. I can add some other light weight stuff too.
I prefer not to put heavy things there.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The past weekend I went to the Sauerland in Germany to test the Grenadier in the forest. I also had to cross a little river. Overall a great day, my Grenadier did a great job! Well, until the forest warden sent me home...

View attachment 7823575
You are lucky the warden sent you just home. Perhaps he was impressed by the Grenadier. -Where I hunt a minimum fine of 80 Euro and perhaps a single point in the famous register in Flensburg is "awarded" if driving w/o prior written and carried permission.

Lyros

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
The past weekend I went to the Sauerland in Germany to test the Grenadier in the forest. I also had to cross a little river. Overall a great day, my Grenadier did a great job! Well, until the forest warden sent me home...

View attachment 7823575
Driving through a forest and even daring to cross the small river?

“Nein Nein Nein…that’s not erlaubt. That is foolish. This is against the rules!” (Heavy German accent)

Back
Top Bottom