The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
My lad was giving his first taste of real driving today, as apposed to Grand Theft Auto, and although it wasn’t the most extreme driving experience, he didn’t roll it, ditch it or bend it in the five miles of tracks.. He had his first taste of the Gren grin.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpeg
    IMG_0937.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 136

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
My lad was giving his first taste of real driving today, as apposed to Grand Theft Auto, and although it wasn’t the most extreme driving experience, he didn’t roll it, ditch it or bend it in the five miles of tracks.. He had his first taste of the Gren grin.
Excellent, my son’s first drive was about that age in my Discovery 3 on a farm

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Is it a 2 or a 6?
The V5, (and IA documentation), give the Grenadier as "Euro6" for emissions. For the French sticker, that converts to a yellow "2" sticker, with green being the best and "5" grey, being the worst they will classify

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any shipping stickers on the windscreen or documents in the interior that give useful info?

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Mine had nothing, but there was another there with a windsceen label. I could check that out tomorrow.

Ive not really noticed weights on the labels I've seen. These are vehicles 8 and 9 to come through here (I know because I've been checking daily for mine to arrive)

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Yesterday was my 60th birthday, so the celebration was driving to Newcastle Upon Tyne and back again, 177 miles x 2. Only temporary error messages, one being in red, "Power Steering Error", but it did not persist. Trip there and back was with cruise control on most of the time at 70, 50 or 40mph depending on signage.

The load there was one son (age 25) and a load of random stuff including a 2 pedestal desk; the load back was stuff he wanted out of the way, in anticipation of his next flat move. The rear seats were split, with the 60% dropped, the head restraints and half-height cage removed to get the desk in.

Total mileage over 6600, AdBlue had to be topped up, fuel consumption now at 27mpg.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Saw mine for the first time (inside and out since they conveniently left the key in it) at the dealer holding yard.
It's been a while
Hi, K1LL3M, That Eldoret Blue looks amazing. I really like how all the black contrasts with the blue. Enjoy!
DaBull

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Team ,

Just coming back from a roughly 800mile trip from Scotland to Newcastle then to the cotswolds and back up to Liverpool .
Totaling 4 days of driving . Mixture of day and night driving , mixture of Motorway , A roads and B roads ( my favorite to drive at night )
Odo reads 3917 .
Mixture of speeds up to 79mph on the motorways using cruise control.
The good :

I feel the Gren is a drivers car, it wants to be driven . The tone of the engine( diesel) and the whistling of the turbo in the middle of a damp night is epic i cannot get enough of it .

The saddle leather on the steering wheel on long trips i feel engages you with the car for me its more than worth the cost

Solid on the road , very comfortable for me, love the door shelve for my elbow

Love the night driving feel of it , the cockpit like lighting the offset infotainment screen and the clean view of the road are great .

The led lights of the Gren are very very bright and an enjoyment to use at night . High beams on B roads its like driving with a helicopter spotlight above you . ( slight note here my left hand headlight has the dreaded v2 marking , so i am being told both headlight will be replaced eventually …. I just hope the new ones are not dimmer )

Sound system for me is good .( not an expert my music sounds fine in my ears )

Cargo space: i was carrying all my stuff in the back tied down with L track straps , nothing moved easy access .

The bad :

Yes the steering needs constant input . But i accepted it and by now i do not notice when i am doing it .

This whole trip i saw only one grenadier black in Scotland on my way to Newcastle.

The Ugly :

Half an hour into the trip , i heard a loud bang ( sounded like a gunshot ) i immediately thought something broke . Indeed first stone chip of the windshield . I suspect not the last seeing how upright the glass is . I am not bothering with insurance will try and fix it myself ( done that with good results on my previous car )

The whole trip no warnings . BUT after arriving to my destination of the first day after stopping for one hour i wanted to get to the supermarket ( 5 minutes away ) once i started the car the rear seat seat belt warning would not stop sounding . I made the trip to the supermarket and back with the annoying sound. I was too annoyed and tired to try and find a solution so i locked the car and went to get something to eat . Car left overnight thankfully this has never happened again since . I am hoping this was an one off for the bucket list .

Lets put some things to bed :

Left foot shelf i can now say not an issue at all . After all these miles i can say for me its absolutely fine.

As expected while driving through Scotland it was raining cats and dogs , windscreen wipers are perfectly adequate and no issues with visibility at right lower quadrant

I have safari windows i am always keeping an eye out after every rainy day for water ingress . I am happy to report that up to today nothing has been seen , neither at the a pillar , windscreen trim or footwells .

Conclusion:
The more i drive this thing the more i like it . The gren grin has not gone away .

PS : the under seat organizers from the Australian guys (BDM leather) arrived before the trip . In my Opinion are a must have , so many small things accessible easily under your seat .

Hope everyone is enjoying their gren as much as i am mine! :)

Attachments

• DDD8B8A7-C336-404A-81FD-1B0B4DCAB862.jpeg
    DDD8B8A7-C336-404A-81FD-1B0B4DCAB862.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 65

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
slight note here my left hand headlight has the dreaded v2 marking , so i am being told both headlight will be replaced eventually …. I just hope the new ones are not dimmer )
That's sort of interesting, can you discern any difference in light output, spread, reach, etc between the two?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's sort of interesting, can you discern any difference in light output, spread, reach, etc between the two?
To be honest with you when i had no idea about it i would had said no . But now i am not so sure . To test this i pulled in a layby one of the nights but it was not a fair test .
Pictures attached . Left side is v2 right side is non v2 .
I think i will need to do this on a wall or something .

And the picture is taken an an angle .

More bright picture is with high beams on .

Attachments

• IMG_6487.jpeg
    IMG_6487.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6488.jpeg
    IMG_6488.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom