The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to match the folded seat height with a set of draws are going to end up with some “plan draws” if they do match heights. You won’t be getting much in them. Would be better with a shelf where you can just slide stuff under the shelf if needed.

I saw a new car that had a similar shelf in the back, just can’t think what it was right now.
Highwayman’s measurements above are perfect for a gun draw.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Highwayman’s measurements above are perfect for a gun draw.
yeah or some socket sets and breaker bars etc

Reactions: Del

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Handover day! Very pleased so far and no issues on the drive home. Rained all the way and no problem with the wiper sweep. As others have posted no issues with the RHD footrest either but off to Cornwall Sunday so that will be a better test.

View attachment 7811216
Congratulations @marko - I passed you in the opposite direction going through Nottingham at roughly 16:20 on my way to test drive Sandicliffe's Demonstrator. Your car looked great but you probably didn't notice my scruffy L322 :LOL:

Good to hear you have no issues with the car, I noticed the rear left parking sensor was constantly live and the automatic climate control seemed a bit mindless in the demo. Other than that, I was well impressed with the car and can't wait for mine! Hopefully when my car arrives in a few weeks these problems will be coded out at PDI...

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations @marko - I passed you in the opposite direction going through Nottingham at roughly 16:20 on my way to test drive Sandicliffe's Demonstrator. Your car looked great but you probably didn't notice my scruffy L322 :LOL:

Good to hear you have no issues with the car, I noticed the rear left parking sensor was constantly live and the automatic climate control seemed a bit mindless in the demo. Other than that, I was well impressed with the car and can't wait for mine! Hopefully when my car arrives in a few weeks these problems will be coded out at PDI...

Yeah that would have been me at 16:20 ish, what a coincidence! Others have posted about the parking sensor and climate but, so far, mine seem to be behaving themselves. Had a better look over it at home and can’t quite believe how solid everything is. It has all the hallmarks of being a really tough long lasting vehicle. You’ll love it I’m sure!
I found Sandicliffe very helpful and willing to share any information they had, good and bad. Hope you have a similar experience.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah that would have been me at 16:20 ish, what a coincidence! Others have posted about the parking sensor and climate but, so far, mine seem to be behaving themselves. Had a better look over it at home and can’t quite believe how solid everything is. It has all the hallmarks of being a really tough long lasting vehicle. You’ll love it I’m sure!
I found Sandicliffe very helpful and willing to share any information they had, good and bad. Hope you have a similar experience.
They do seem to be absolutely solid in construction. It makes everything else look like disposable plastic junk!

Out of interest, where in Derbyshire are you based? Also would be intrigued to see what chassis number you are and whether you have any gremlins. I think the demo was 2048.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
If the drawers are about 7” deep, that’s fine for tools, recovery straps and gear, and general storage of odds and ends.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Handover day! Very pleased so far and no issues on the drive home. Rained all the way and no problem with the wiper sweep. As others have posted no issues with the RHD footrest either but off to Cornwall Sunday so that will be a better test.

View attachment 7811216
Great to hear and congratulations. Petrol or diesel and if diesel any vibrations?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I was told ages ago that diesel actually provides some lubricity to the in fuel tank pump hence should always have at least 1/4 of a tank of diesel . Not sure how true this , i bet someone here will know .
Generally the light comes on, and I fill it up. So 10 litres still in the tank plus or minus. No point sweating the small stuff.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to match the folded seat height with a set of draws are going to end up with some “plan draws” if they do match heights. You won’t be getting much in them. Would be better with a shelf where you can just slide stuff under the shelf if needed.

I saw a new car that had a similar shelf in the back, just can’t think what it was right now.
I am thinking possibly just a box with no floor and no drawer and a hinged lid with gas struts. It won’t be as convenient to access stuff as a drawer and so would only be for emergency gear and stuff not needed on a daily basis. But that design wastes a lot less space than drawers which need runners, bases, sides etc and probably much lighter. Could also potentially be used for water and/or fuel bladders.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great to hear and congratulations. Petrol or diesel and if diesel any vibrations?
Thanks. Diesel and I’ve not really experienced the vibration. Doesn’t mean it’s not there but think I need a bit more time behind the wheel to take everything in. There was a rattle from the bottle jack as another forum member kindly posted about so stuck some insulation tape over the “cup” to silence it.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They do seem to be absolutely solid in construction. It makes everything else look like disposable plastic junk!

Out of interest, where in Derbyshire are you based? Also would be intrigued to see what chassis number you are and whether you have any gremlins. I think the demo was 2048.

Bonsall, near Matlock. How about you? My VIN is a shade under 2500. Have you got your VIN yet? Gremlins - not yet😳

FlyingTrotter

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I currently have a “shelf”/table I made out of marine ply that allows Fred’s dog box to sit higher and I can put 4 or 2 pairs of shotguns diagonally under the box in slips on a shoot plus lots of other stuff - I like the flexibilty - will be looking at potentially neater solutions for the Grenadier - ideally a larger single drawer that can accommodate guns in slips diagonally and then when not shooting (ie the vast majority of the time) add dividers to max use of the space for dog and fishing gear

never seen a well made metal or carbon fibre shelf or table like structure made by a equipment company - gap in the market ?

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. Diesel and I’ve not really experienced the vibration. Doesn’t mean it’s not there but think I need a bit more time behind the wheel to take everything in. There was a rattle from the bottle jack as another forum member kindly posted about so stuck some insulation tape over the “cup” to silence it.
Thanks Marko. Keep me posted. Overall are you pleased with the car?

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
I am thinking possibly just a box with no floor and no drawer and a hinged lid with gas struts. It won’t be as convenient to access stuff as a drawer and so would only be for emergency gear and stuff not needed on a daily basis. But that design wastes a lot less space than drawers which need runners, bases, sides etc and probably much lighter. Could also potentially be used for water and/or fuel bladders.
I like this idea. But perhaps instead of hinges have the top on slides so the entire top can be slid out while loaded. If the top was split into two slide sections everything under could be accessed easily without unloading the car while still maximizing space under

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having picked up Izzi (the INEOS) yesterday afternoon, we drove over to Manchester today. Thankfully still no bings, bongs or warning lights. Really impressed with her composure on the road, particularly round bends and the relative lack of body roll. The recirculating ball steering is absolutely fine in my opinion, but I am used to such a set up though I also drive my wife's rack and pinion system. The steering wheel does, however, seem to be slightly off centre at straight ahead though she tracks straight enough. A motorway journey to Cornwall on Sunday will convince me one way or another if this is the case. Anyway, over to the point of the thread; what did I do with my Grenadier today. I cracked open the beer I was given when I attended my first 2B Prototype Tour "drive along" event back in September 2021. I saved it to celebrate Izzi's arrival.
IMG_4924.jpg

Back
Top Bottom