The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Today was ownership day 2. Took my car mad village friend for a spin and a little puddle splash along a byway. Car industry engineer gave massive approval.

This afternoon back to serious challenge - prooving i can park in a supermarket.....

Attachments

• Gren day 2 parking practice.jpg
    Gren day 2 parking practice.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 153

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, perhaps a little bit more: fuel thank 90 liter or a bit more + pipes: 6 or 7 liters left. My wife gets crazy 🤪 when I drive with an empty tank.

Did it with my previous car too, quite often.

(Granddaughter is 😴)
I'm not sure if Seinfeld (the TV show) was broadcast outside of the US, but this is classic:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
prooving i can park in a supermarket.....
It seems that you have passed the challenge! (y)

I remember driving my brand new E30 325i to a supermarket (in 1987).

Normally, like everyone else, I had looked for a parking spot as close to the entrance as possible. But this time (and in the months since), I parked as far away as possible in a corner of the parking area where no one else would park their car.

I was afraid of scratches. 🥳

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I went for an initial measure up for some drawers to go into the rear today.

I tried to find something off the shelf but they were all too long - closest I could find were 880mm and the comfortable max is 840mm.

Mine will be a simple design, two equal sized drawers, made of aluminium, approx 260mm deep and carpet lined. (I could have gone taller, but this will allow my fridge to be fitted on top and still be no higher than the rear seat.) Box will be made of aluminium, but with a wooden top that overlaps to fit to the contours of the rear wheel arches. I’ll relocate the Jack either into one of the drawers, or into the void behind the rear seat, if there’s room. my plan at the moment is to fit an ARB single air compressor into the space vacated by the jack. I haven’t measured, but it looks about right.

If there’s any interest, I’ll post again when fitted and share if we learned anything useful.

Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
I collected my Grenadier at 11:00AM this morning. no hitches on the handover, was gifted a signwritten tyre cover, two fancy keyrings, a dealer branded baseball cap and more diesel than I expected.

The trip home had a little more drama than anticipated as Maria had a puncture in Charlie our 2002 Vauxhall Aglia. She drove over a pothole, the rim and tyre are destroyed, so we proved the hands free phone works really well and changed to the spare tyre.

The afternoon ws a little less fraught, with a trip to Burghley House, 20ish miles away for a mooch around the stately home and a gawk at the pictures. We will have to go again, as the house promises much more than we saw. There is now 109 miles on the Grenadier; it needs a name, it already has a Leicester Tigers sticker.

A few pictures, the better ones taken by Maria, my wife.

View attachment 7809230View attachment 7809227View attachment 7809231View attachment 7809228
That’s my chosen color combo. Great taste! 😁

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I tried to find something off the shelf but they were all too long - closest I could find were 880mm and the comfortable max is 840mm.

Mine will be a simple design, two equal sized drawers, made of aluminium, approx 260mm deep and carpet lined. (I could have gone taller, but this will allow my fridge to be fitted on top and still be no higher than the rear seat.) Box will be made of aluminium, but with a wooden top that overlaps to fit to the contours of the rear wheel arches. I’ll relocate the Jack either into one of the drawers, or into the void behind the rear seat, if there’s room. my plan at the moment is to fit an ARB single air compressor into the space vacated by the jack. I haven’t measured, but it looks about right.

If there’s any interest, I’ll post again when fitted and share if we learned anything useful.
Definitely interested in what you are doing. If we all share ideas then we all help one another 👍🏼

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I took my car (with granddaughter) to pick up my grandson at a friend, and noticed a huge leak at my Safari Roof, my seat was wet, there was like 10 cm opening, but I could solve the problem at once :mad::eek:🌧️
Somebody a suggestion what happened 🤔

Serious now, I had also on my whole trip back (5 km), power steering error.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I took my car (with granddaughter) to pick up my grandson at a friend, and noticed a huge leak at my Safari Roof, my seat was wet, there was like 10 cm opening, but I could solve the problem at once :mad::eek:🌧️
Somebody a suggestion what happened 🤔

Serious now, I had also on my whole trip back (5 km), power steering error.
I'm presuming you mean 10mm ( not cm) is that because it is not sitting correctly in the seal. The most obvious question which you have no doubt considered, has it been removed and not replaced correctly, (as per manual).
The good thing is you know where the leak is coming from, usually find the source of a leak is 99% of the work

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score

Have you considered fitting a draw that would be level with the rear seat when folded down so as to create a level floor. Do you know or could you measure the height of the upstand created by the folded seat.

I am looking to place a dog box over a small draw system but I also want to remove the dog box and fit out the rear area with folded seat for traveling etc. Hopefully collecting my car next week.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you considered fitting a draw that would be level with the rear seat when folded down so as to create a level floor. Do you know or could you measure the height of the upstand created by the folded seat.

I am looking to place a dog box over a small draw system but I also want to remove the dog box and fit out the rear area with folded seat for traveling etc. Hopefully collecting my car next week.
The height of the folded seat isn’t that much, so for my solution, there was always going to be a step.

We’re going to use the six fixing points for the luggage rails, so it will be easy (and quick) to remove if needed

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm presuming you mean 10mm ( not cm) is that because it is not sitting correctly in the seal. The most obvious question which you have no doubt considered, has it been removed and not replaced correctly, (as per manual).
The good thing is you know where the leak is coming from, usually find the source of a leak is 99% of the work
I left it open, forgot to close it :mad: :ROFLMAO:

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Did you measure up the g wagon drawers from f/runner? They look to be shallower than say the d3/4 ones

Reactions: Del

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
The height of the folded seat isn’t that much, so for my solution, there was always going to be a step.

We’re going to use the six fixing points for the luggage rails, so it will be easy (and quick) to remove if needed
Do you have the height - I was hoping to either have a gun draw or at least something for bits and pieces. The main idea is to have a flat platform with the rear seat folded over.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have the height - I was hoping to either have a gun draw or at least something for bits and pieces. The main idea is to have a flat platform with the rear seat folded over.
See attached picture - 180mm folded seat height

Attachments

• 20230511_201227.jpg
    20230511_201227.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: Del

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to match the folded seat height with a set of draws are going to end up with some “plan draws” if they do match heights. You won’t be getting much in them. Would be better with a shelf where you can just slide stuff under the shelf if needed.

I saw a new car that had a similar shelf in the back, just can’t think what it was right now.

Back
Top Bottom