The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Just a heads up that we have started a poll for people who have taken delivery to record how their vehicle is in a general sense. Hopefully we can get everyone who has taken delivery to respond so we get a clearer picture of how many vehicles have issues and how major or minor they are. The poll is ongoing so people can continue to respond as they receive their vehicles into the future.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Any leaks at all? I think JeanM had water in the psgr footwell after rain. My Troopy did this and I could never source the damn leak.
Also, can you confirm if opening the back doors after rain lets some water splash down from the top seals?
Dry as the Gobi, like a nun’s chuff you could say.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
’m not a fan of any back door shenanigans and prefer a tight seal.
Reminds me of a joke.
It's a really hot day and this penguin is having car trouble, so he takes it into a garage. The penguin asks, "How long will it be?" The mechanic says, "Just a few minutes." So the penguin decides to go get an ice cream at the grocery store across the street. When the penguin gets there he climbs inside the big freezer door and starts to eat ice cream. Three hours go by before the penguin looks at his watch and jumps out of the freezer and races back to the garage. With ice cream all over his face and his stomach he says, "So, how's my car?" The mechanic comes walking out wiping his hands on a rag and says, "Looks like you blew a seal." The penguin says, "No, no, no, I was just eating ice cream."

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reminds me of a joke.
It's a really hot day and this penguin is having car trouble, so he takes it into a garage. The penguin asks, "How long will it be?" The mechanic says, "Just a few minutes." So the penguin decides to go get an ice cream at the grocery store across the street. When the penguin gets there he climbs inside the big freezer door and starts to eat ice cream. Three hours go by before the penguin looks at his watch and jumps out of the freezer and races back to the garage. With ice cream all over his face and his stomach he says, "So, how's my car?" The mechanic comes walking out wiping his hands on a rag and says, "Looks like you blew a seal." The penguin says, "No, no, no, I was just eating ice cream."
The old ones are the best,

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ho do you know it is dry?
If you mean the Gren, there was no sign of water in the cabin, nor under any of the flooring panels after a hour or so driving through torrential rain and standing water. The only problem I’ve really found relating to water was the top middle rubber seal on the back doors which piss water out when you open the doors if you’ve left it standing.. if you’re not careful, it goes right down your neck..

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you mean the Gren, there was no sign of water in the cabin, nor under any of the flooring panels after a hour or so driving through torrential rain and standing water. The only problem I’ve really found relating to water was the top middle rubber seal on the back doors which piss water out when you open the doors if you’ve left it standing.. if you’re not careful, it goes right down your neck..
@Jean Mercier hat is what is needed to stop it going down your neck

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
I heard a rumor, that I just made up, that the Urban spoiler will reduce the amount of rain falling off the back

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
Second day drive to Brussels today, babysitting 2 of 3 grand-children.
Had to refuel for the first time. 85 liters, self service, but there is a shop and mechanics there. I just finished refueling and the shop owner came over and asked what car it was. He didn't know the car and asked a lot of questions, quite impressed by the car. Luckily for me he got a phone call from a provider :p

I could drive away with my 3 years old granddaughter in the car.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Second day drive to Brussels today, babysitting 2 of 3 grand-children.
Had to refuel for the first time. 85 liters, self service, but there is a shop and mechanics there. I just finished refueling and the shop owner came over and asked what car it was. He didn't know the car and asked a lot of questions, quite impressed by the car. Luckily for me he got a phone call from a provider :p

I could drive away with my 3 years old granddaughter in the car.
So you might've been down to as little as 3.5-4litres?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Per 30 Kilometers, yes.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So you might've been down to as little as 3.5-4litres?
Yes, perhaps a little bit more: fuel thank 90 liter or a bit more + pipes: 6 or 7 liters left. My wife gets crazy 🤪 when I drive with an empty tank.

Did it with my previous car too, quite often.

(Granddaughter is 😴)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, perhaps a little bit more: fuel thank 90 liter or a bit more + pipes: 6 or 7 liters left. My wife gets crazy 🤪 when I drive with an empty tank.

Did it with my previous car too, quite often.

(Granddaughter is 😴)
I think with time your petrol version ok to run low. with my diesels I tend to keep them above 1/4 full and always top right up. Disel can sludge up over the years in the lower part of the tank.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told ages ago that diesel actually provides some lubricity to the in fuel tank pump hence should always have at least 1/4 of a tank of diesel . Not sure how true this , i bet someone here will know .

Back
Top Bottom