The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Useless Customer Service

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Oil service reset isn’t a “feature” it’s a f**k up. All of it is warranty but

Tow module, no date available
Door handles no date
Rear door handle no date
Wiper nozzle no date
A/C Entire dashboard out
So I’m supposed to what?
Go to Mississauga and stay for a week 10 days while they fix it?

Yeah that’s plain stupid, the quality control is poor, very very poor. Nothing should leave the factory with this many problems.
If you want progress, then that is what you have to do. The Grenadier's quality control is not great, but show me a car manufacturer that has not committed an almighty f**k up at some point.

Back in 2006 I rejected a BMW 530d as it kept going into limp mode as I was accelerating up a slope onto a motorway. It wasn't until I bribed an ex-army mate, now a freelance electronic vehicle trouble-shooter, to look at it did I find out it had a stretched wiring loom. (The dealer had declared a full fix three times at that point). The only fix would be rebuild the car back from a bare shell with a new loom, as the car was built around the loom. BMW would have sold the rejected car into the trade without a warranty. If the new owner never drove onto the M6 near Walsall in the West Midlands, they might never have found a problem! (I expect the car will be bean tins now).

The Takata disaster with faulty airbags has affected car manufacturers who are usually seen as good quality like Toyota/Lexus and Honda, so no one is immune.

Nothing in your Grenadier is insoluble; whether the dealer can solve them all in one go depends on the quality of the dealer and technicians, but you cannot reject the vehicle without giving them the opportunity. You will not get engagement from Ineos and the dealer until they have seen it.

Ask Ineos corporate politely for a loaner.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
If you want progress, then that is what you have to do. The Grenadier's quality control is not great, but show me a car manufacturer that has not committed an almighty f**k up at some point.

Back in 2006 I rejected a BMW 530d as it kept going into limp mode as I was accelerating up a slope onto a motorway. It wasn't until I bribed an ex-army mate, now a freelance electronic vehicle trouble-shooter, to look at it did I find out it had a stretched wiring loom. (The dealer had declared a full fix three times at that point). The only fix would be rebuild the car back from a bare shell with a new loom, as the car was built around the loom. BMW would have sold the rejected car into the trade without a warranty. If the new owner never drove onto the M6 near Walsall in the West Midlands, they might never have found a problem! (I expect the car will be bean tins now).

The Takata disaster with faulty airbags has affected car manufacturers who are usually seen as good quality like Toyota/Lexus and Honda, so no one is immune.

Nothing in your Grenadier is insoluble; whether the dealer can solve them all in one go depends on the quality of the dealer and technicians, but you cannot reject the vehicle without giving them the opportunity. You will not get engagement from Ineos and the dealer until they have seen it.

Ask Ineos corporate politely for a loaner.
No loaner, I tried that already. They would rent me a vehicle, but most rentals don’t allow large raptors in their vehicles for obvious reasons.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think you need to take it back and hand the keys in. You shouldn’t continue driving it with so many faults, it clearly is getting to you which is not good for your health.
My health is just fine. I don’t get all emotional and my panties in a twist. I’d just like answers and none have been forthcoming. I don’t care if it’s six months from now. I just want some clarity. We need XYZ parts, we will have those parts in 10 days, 6 weeks, 3 months, a year. This time spent talking to dealerships and getting nowhere is the problem. No one can answer parts supply issues. And that’s a problem. They are building them, so they have parts. It’s not hard to pull factory parts. I’ve done it with both BMW and Mercedes as a dealer manager. This comes down to ineos doing its job.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Unfortunately it requires someone to actually own the problem. You holding on to the vehicle does not put pressure on the dealer. So long as they keep you at arms length, it is not an urgent issue.
Time to lawyer up.

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
@IslandFalconer Agree with @Jeremy996, time to get yourself some legal help.

I think I saw that you aren’t in close proximity to the dealer but is it possible to park it out front with a sign and a url to tell your story?

I don’t think they are selling well (200+ online and I know my local dealer has 15+ on the lot for weeks maybe months). I’m sure they would help more if your truck was parked nearby.

Also, have you sent an email to Lynn (CEO) and Greg Clarke (sp). I believe their emails are on this forum. Just explain your situation briefly with the facts that can be verified by the dealers records.

My apologies if this is something you have already tried.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Nope, they are “waiting” to see when they can get parts. No point in looking at it only to send it home and wait again.
Try speaking to the Boston dealer. Maybe they will have a bit more enthusiasm in giving you answers. If you’ve already lodged the warranty defects then the tickets will be in the system. Also as pointed out elsewhere it’s closer to you to boot.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You purchased a first year vehicle, with a very limited dealer network (that, bluntly, is still in their infancy in Canada). It would be logical to expect some issues with the vehicle, and also logical that for those issues to be rectified, the vehicle returns to a dealer. If an electronic control module puts an Audi, BMW, Porsche, or Volkswagen (the brands I spent 15+ years directly working with the most) out of service for 3+ weeks at a dealer to acquire one from Germany, why would you expect it to be any different for a new car brand that is just starting?

I live 2.5hrs from my closest dealer, going into the purchase of the vehicle I considered my "what if" plan for repairs that I couldn't wait for. In my case, the easiest is to just rent a vehicle adjacent to the dealer, drive the 2.5hrs home, and wait for the call to come and get it.

Have you asked the dealer for rental or loaner coverage?
I live 4.5hrs from my closest dealer and will be doing exactly what you are Anand. I KNEW where the dealers were before purchasing the vehicle. I KNEW it was a start up company and was purchasing a 1st generation vehicle. I was FULLY aware @IsandFalconer.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I live 4.5hrs from my closest dealer and will be doing exactly what you are Anand. I KNEW where the dealers were before purchasing the vehicle. I KNEW it was a start up company and was purchasing a 1st generation vehicle. I was FULLY aware @IsandFalconer.
Ah yes the 21st century where mediocrity at every level is now the standard. And good service and excellence is reserved for the super elite. I forgot that society now accepts sub par as a standard,

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As others have said, take it back. Not sure there is a Canuck lemon law but if there is, take advantage of it. I have had very few problems after 4 months and 3000 miles, and I suspect some of the irritating shit will be solved by the coming firmware update. I’d buy it again in retrospect.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As others have said, take it back. Not sure there is a Canuck lemon law but if there is, take advantage of it. I have had very few problems after 4 months and 3000 miles, and I suspect some of the irritating shit will be solved by the coming firmware update. I’d buy it again in retrospect.
No lemon law,
I’d buy it again as well. I want it fixed. They just can’t fix it. They have no parts or timeline for parts. That’s the problem. The ac leaking is trivial and annoying. But a safety feature that allows a car to have no power steering, no power breaks and free rolling because it fails to start is concerning. The lack of any urgency is what’s very scary

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Write to the top management - Calder. I agree, they should order the parts and book you in ASAP. Tell Calder you are on this Forum and pissing us all off with your moans, because you are. However, I do understand your frustrations and the problems should not be tolerated by anyone. :)

BTW: I have sticking door buttons, I just use silicon spray and I won't be taking the car in for that.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Write to the top management - Calder. I agree, they should order the parts and book you in ASAP. Tell Calder you are on this Forum and pissing us all off with your moans, because you are. However, I do understand your frustrations and the problems should not be tolerated by anyone. :)

BTW: I have sticking door buttons, I just use silicon spray and I won't be taking the car in for that.
The trivial stuff I could care less. I did line the handles, it’s a 50/50 crap shoot fixed one handle. It’s the complete lack of urgency,

PS you don’t need to read the thread lol

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The trivial stuff I could care less. I did line the handles, it’s a 50/50 crap shoot fixed one handle. It’s the complete lack of urgency,

PS you don’t need to read the thread lol
I get it. I had to lemon law a BMW M Roadster some years back. It was VERY disappointing and frustrating. After ordering, waiting, picking it up to only have all my hopes dashed by an overpriced piece of crap… it’s hard to not become emotionally invested. Everybody has a different context, and sounds like a Gren with a better build. Get out as soon as able would be my only advice.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah yes the 21st century where mediocrity at every level is now the standard. And good service and excellence is reserved for the super elite. I forgot that society now accepts sub par as a standard,
Please explain who are you referring to as "Super Elite"?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I’d buy it again as well
I have to ask why? And a follow up to that is what you actually like about the Grenadier if you’d buy one again. We’ve seen 10 pages of venting on this thread alone so I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering why you would.

You live nowhere near a dealer, it’s essentially a first year production vehicle with numerous occasional and not so occasional faults very well documented here and elsewhere online for over a year now. The same goes with the inability to reset the maintenance indicator light (that was documented again almost a year ago) and the list goes on.

Really curious on this one.

Stu.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
I put my vehicle in to Ineos Noosa dealership yesterday to get a warranty repair/replacement on the plastic piece that holds the cargo net in place.
While they had it they also had 4 "Campaigns" they undertook to check against known issues.
Two were just inspections and all good.
One related to cable rubbing on steering column, not happening in mine but they have ordered a sleeve for the cable which they will fit as soon as I can get it back to them.
The other is for water ingress to the ladder frame.
They couldn't see any but again they said they have ordered the part necesary to fit so there won't be an issue.
They provided a loan car for free and the service and people were exceptionally good.
Once again I handed back the loan Hyundai SUV and it was so good to get back into the Grenadier for the 2.5 hour drive home.

1720133512964.png

Back
Top Bottom