The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Useless Customer Service

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Do you really want to be that interconnected to the dealer/Ineos? I do not. As IslandFalconer pointed out, at least in our area, providing “proof” outside of a claim has never been a requirement.

I think I speak for many of us here by saying that Ineos’s promise to include a service manual/wiring diagrams so that the end user could work on the vehicles, played a large part in being an early supporters of the IG. It also implies that Ineos knows and understands that it is then the owners responsibility to maintain records should a warranty dispute occur as outlined in our consumer protection laws (US).
I like this forum and its information. But given many of the comments and the reactions I’ve received to this post. It is obvious that the vast majority here are more than willing to accept Ineos and its terrible service. The vast majority here won’t complain, will not reach out to management, will not do anything. It’s unfortunate but it is obvious. If every single complaint on this forum was taken to the highest level by the owners we would be getting somewhere. Unfortunately most are happy to accept total crap from ineos. And happy to “wait” for things to happen. It sucks. On the Jeep forum we actually had reps from FCA and they actively worked with Jeep owners. Even those that had done some serious modifications. On this forum we have no company reps, and Ineos doesn’t give a shit about us

Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
I like this forum and its information. But given many of the comments and the reactions I’ve received to this post. It is obvious that the vast majority here are more than willing to accept Ineos and its terrible service. The vast majority here won’t complain, will not reach out to management, will not do anything. It’s unfortunate but it is obvious. If every single complaint on this forum was taken to the highest level by the owners we would be getting somewhere. Unfortunately most are happy to accept total crap from ineos. And happy to “wait” for things to happen. It sucks. On the Jeep forum we actually had reps from FCA and they actively worked with Jeep owners. Even those that had done some serious modifications. On this forum we have no company reps, and Ineos doesn’t give a shit about us
It is unusual from my POV that so many are ok paying for parts and doing the repair themselves. I prefer to do that after warranty but I want the truck to be tight and solid before its exit.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
No one is going to say you're wrong.

FCA, Ford, GM, Toyota, etc have spent years evolving their products yet they still manage to screw it up routinely. Ineos Automotive is a new player that came to market with a vehicle built from a shopping basket of fine components. They have some integration and execution issues to resolve, but benchmark their first born against other mass or even niche brands and tell me honestly that Ineos haven't done a good job overall as a v1.0 product.
But good is not excellent and they still have some work to do.
Ineos Automotive does not have a monopoly on disappointed customers and I say thank goodness for that or meme sites would be less fun.
Screenshot_20240624-144422.jpg

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
What should we be complaining about?

There's 2 dealers and a service agent all under an hour from me, so while I sympathise, it's not something I will complain about.

A couple of warranty issues, but they are being sorted.

No workshop manual yet, but supposedly it is coming.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I have an early vehicle and I have regularly reached out to senior management to complain, winge or suggest improvements. Sometimes, they have even done what I have asked.

There are a number of Ineos Group and Ineos Automotive employees on this forum, most of them lurking, as to make too many comments would endanger their continued employment. Like most commercial entities, release of information is managed and to say things out of turn would incur the wrath of Corporate.

What I do not do is keep harping on about something where I have received an answer and I do not like it because it does not meet my idea of what they should do. IA is a commercial entity and will do what it feels it has to within the constraints of its business.

One of those constraints is a shortage of retail facing staff with a technical clue. Ineos' core chemical business is strictly business to business; the retail space is novel to them. They have engaged a contact team, who are non-technical, to manage the phones and email contacts. How those contacts are fed to IA's technical staff is a mystery to me and all other outsiders.

My main issue with Ineos is the slow release of the workshop manual and maintenance software. I want a single vehicle/single user option I can take off grid without spending the net GDP of a South American country. Within the context of their advertising both at the beginning and now, I don't think I'm unreasonable. UK law and practise makes it hard/ruinously expensive/batshit stupid to sue a commercial entity for specific performance, until all other avenues are closed, so I'll wait quietly for the current deadline to pass. My tame consumer rights solicitor is on speed-dial and I have the legal expenses insurance to back it up, so it has not gone away.

IA have had to make a lot of commercial decisions quickly and a number are embedded into the proprietary software for better or worse. Not being able to reset the service indicator without the dealer tool, being one. It is not like they bricked your vehicle, like HP did to my chairman's printer for missing a payment on his toner/service contract.

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is unusual from my POV that so many are ok paying for parts and doing the repair themselves. I prefer to do that after warranty but I want the truck to be tight and solid before its exit.
I’d agree if the dealerships network was expanded compared to what we have now.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is not like they bricked your vehicle, like HP did to my chairman's printer for missing a payment on his toner/service contract.
Oh man, totally!! I won’t ever buy an HP again after experiencing that for cancelling my membership. I figured I’d be able to use what was left in the cartridges…nope

Sorry for the rant…😂😂

Back
Top Bottom