The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Useless Customer Service

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
So like I said total bunk. I also have it from the VP if Ineos that as long as We have receipts we can change our own oil. This notion that only the manufacturers can change your oil or service your vehicle is long over. It’s about proving it was done on time and with the correct parts.
You missed the part about it being done by a qualified mechanic.
I assume this also includes supervised by a qualified mechanic.
From memory you are a qualified mechanic I recall??
Also Canadian law may be different to Australian law.
So any manufacturer in Australia could potentially refuse your warranty if it wasn't done by at least a qualified mechanic.
Normally a manufacturer/assembler like Ineos will rely on a back to back warranty with their parts supplier.
So even if Ineos say go ahead anyone can do it they may not get the warranty from their parts supplier.

In Australia I am speaking of.

I spent 10 seconds looking at Canada and this is what I found.

1721523197698.png

Reactions: Max

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but on the UK there is no requirement for any qualifications to be a car mechanic.
Courses are of course available.
Is it the same elsewhere?

Reactions: Max

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Slightly off topic, but on the UK there is no requirement for any qualifications to be a car mechanic.
Courses are of course available.
Is it the same elsewhere?
No - some countries are very strict about what constitutes a car mechanic. The UK is quite slack; anyone can claim to be a car mechanic and take money from retail customers. They would be wise to have insurance against negligence but it is not criminal offence to not have it. Certain activities require specific qualifications, like being an MOT examiner, but in general any Tom, Dick or Harry can attack your car with a spanner!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Certain activities require specific qualifications, like being an MOT examiner, but in general any Tom, Dick or Harry can attack your car with a spanner!
Mr MOT will quickly use the spanner to undo all the shade tree work!
In the state where I live , anyone can work on their car and there is no MOT/RWC.
The vast majority of accidents are caused by distracted/inexperienced (often young), intoxicated or tired drivers , and visitors unused used to driving on the left on twisty roads. Mechanical issues are rarely the cause.

Back
Top Bottom