The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
The ball mount and trailer ball in a plastic pouch in the trunk/boot when I took delivery.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The ball mount and trailer ball in a plastic pouch in the trunk/boot when I took delivery.
Same with me. I picked up my car yesterday. The side runners were missing, waiting for shipments. So I am a free agent exploring after market options for steps. Also, the table in the back door was missing. My salesman said he hasn’t seen any of those tables show up yet.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Purely conjecture at this point, but based on the warning and sealed screws, methinks everything is already installed and awaiting the software update.
1000007709.jpg

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
As someone who has spent a fair amount of time with a shovel in their hands I dislike T handled shovels. I much prefer a D handle and generally find them stronger in the long run.

The Rhino Rack offering from Ineos isn't bad and can be had on line for less than the configurator price.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nah, I’ve dug a lot of holes with a T-handled shovel. For me, it is the length of handle that is tied to the job, not the handle style.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Merry Christmas! Has anyone heard anything new about the tow package status?

Driver8

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am waiting with bated breath for the first reports of a U.S. version actually towing a heavy trailer. Something with 6-700 lbs tongue weight and lots of side and frontal area. Not a lawnmower cart. 6-7,000lbs.

When I see the UK and Aussie vans they seem much lower than our American equivalents.
My Winnebago trailer is 5500lbs, and 11’ tall, and 25’ long.

After all these yeas it’s a “Show me the the money…” moment.
Not in the US, but in Australia they towed a couple of caravans 3,000 miles with a 6,000 lbs trailer that is overall length is likely 22' or so (I could not find exact dimension in my hasty search, but the 19'07" is for the box, so overall will be longer) and i think 10.5' tall. Yes, sounds more like an infomercial; however, the visuals are impressive, and it certainly aligns with what real world customers are saying about towing. This certainly looks promising for those of us on the high end of the towing capacity of the IG.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
I'm tempted to, but I don't want to break open the sealed screws.
The screws aren't sealed, its just a scare tactic. My screws had a black sharpie mark in the screw and body, just line the marks up again when you put the screws back. But to save you the time I'll just tell you there is nothing under the panel, they removed the 2" receiver and all wiring.

Local time
Reaction score
4 years and $100,000.00 and I keep getting further away from finding out if I can tow my camper.
It’s pretty discouraging.
Deleting features that were promised isn’t really confidence inspiring.

There wont’t be a chap in NA happier when someone gets a hitch installed at Hitch tite, taps into the harness, and show the NA customers if it can pull a pretty standard sized camper, and how they felt doing it.

Not really keen handing over 100k for a future maybe.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Deleting features that were promised isn’t really confidence inspiring.
IA is not deleting promised features-they have been forced to remove a faulty feature which will be replaced once resolved. Perhaps that’s what you meant though. Certainly frustrating but nothing malicious.

NAS trucks aside, our fellow Grenadiers across the globe have been towing with no issues IIRC. Provided your trailer isn’t beyond the limits I expect you will be able to tow just the same.

Local time
Reaction score
@grnamin. I just got a call that my Trialmaster is ready for pickup from Mossy Houston. I am pretty sure the hitch won't be on there for pickup though. If I find anything different I will give you an update.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@grnamin. I just got a call that my Trialmaster is ready for pickup from Mossy Houston. I am pretty sure the hitch won't be on there for pickup though. If I find anything different I will give you an update.
Thank you and congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom