The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for the call every day. Mine's been sitting in Baltimore since 11/15/23.

Same here, I keep hearing about everyone taking delivery when I was one of the first to reserve. The tow package hickup has really made it unfair for the some of the first backers. And from what I've heard they are just randomly selecting trucks at port and sending them 3 per day to the dealer.

Local time
Reaction score
Same here, I keep hearing about everyone taking delivery when I was one of the first to reserve. The tow package hickup has really made it unfair for the some of the first backers. And from what I've heard they are just randomly selecting trucks at port and sending them 3 per day to the dealer.
Let’s speak the truth. The roll-out has been fucked up, and the dealers lack of communication has been a glaring reminder why Tesla has chosen to sell direct. I have lost interest in the grenadier, and I do not support the dealer-cartel.

Local time
Reaction score
Let’s speak the truth. The roll-out has been fucked up, and the dealers lack of communication has been a glaring reminder why Tesla has chosen to sell direct. I have lost interest in the grenadier, and I do not support the dealer-cartel.
The US rollout is American car peddling as usual.
I live 8+ hrs from the dealer.
How do you think I’m going to feel?
There is no desk I can go beat on.

People here keep saying just shut up about the trailer hitch, but I know where I’ll be standing right after I sign the docs.

“Your money is on the dresser sweatheart…”

Local time
Reaction score
The US rollout is American car peddling as usual.
I live 8+ hrs from the dealer.
How do you think I’m going to feel?
There is no desk I can go beat on.

People here keep saying just shut up about the trailer hitch, but I know where I’ll be standing right after I sign the docs.

“Your money is on the dresser sweatheart…”
I’m probably buying a Tesla Model X instead of the Grenadier at this point. I might revisit the Grenadier when they figure out their shit in a few years… We took my wife’s model 3 to Canada for Christmas, and it was a wake up call. I cannot stand wasteful middlemen (dealerships) who add no value, and proceed to f**k up the roll out of an automobile by not communicating to the customer base. I know it is a weird hill to die on, but I just can’t support the dealer-cartel anymore. It’s a vestigial cartel, from a by gone era, and it on us to kill it off. I have had ZERO communications from Knauz in Chicago, over my dead body am I going to give them a 13% profit margin for faxing my order.

Like Grandpa used to say, “f**k’Em”…

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
I’m probably buying a Tesla Model X instead of the Grenadier at this point. I might revisit the Grenadier when they figure out their shit in a few years… We took my wife’s model 3 to Canada for Christmas, and it was a wake up call. I cannot stand wasteful middlemen (dealerships) who add no value, and proceed to f**k up the roll out of an automobile by not communicating to the customer base. I know it is a weird hill to die on, but I just can’t support the dealer-cartel anymore. It’s a vestigial cartel, from a by gone era, and it on us to kill it off.
It sounds like this is your final post. Enjoy your Tesla!

Local time
Reaction score
Once bitten, twice shy.

I bought a very fancy snowmobile at the height of the Covid shortage, with about 20 accessories. Six months later the dealer calls me to come on up and pick up your sled. I was so stoked!
I am excited and ready to go riding, go to the dealer, and here’s where standard industry practice reared its ugly head.

The finance manager meets me at the door says “come on in to my office, did you bring the check?” I follow him, he pulls out all the docs, I filled them out sign the papers and hand over the check that matches the invoice, and he says “congratulations you’re the owner of a new 2022 ski Doo somebody blah blah blah snowmobile!”
Like clockwork, that the last I saw of him.

I walked out of his office and the showroom person is waiting to take me by the hand to do the PDI.
He says, “ congratulations here’s your new sled!”

And it wasn’t even assembled.

They wanted 1000 more dollars to put the sled together. And they couldn’t get it put together for at least two more days, so I would have to stay in a hotel while they put the sled together.

All planned out to roll over a guy that would drive 500 miles to pick up a snowmobile.
I loaded all the boxes in the trailer next to the crate for the sled, and over the next two months proceeded to assemble it.

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
I cannot stand wasteful middlemen (dealerships) who add no value, and proceed to f**k up the roll out of an automobile by not communicating to the customer base.

The grass isn’t always greener….. I’m 3.5 years in to ownership of a Rivian (2 years waiting, and 18 months ownership thus far). Like Ineos, Rivian is a new manufacture; like Tesla, you deal direct. I can honestly say I’m reading the exact same comments on this forum as I do on the Rivian forum about terrible communication, unavailable parts/upgrades/accessories, weird quirks, delays in manufacturing, etc. There are people on that forum who have been waiting 5+ years for their Rivian and still have zero idea when they’ll take delivery.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What kind of a connector does it have? Four flat? Or seven pin round?
Sorry - I should've been more clear - I took delivery of my vehicle on 12/20, spec'd with the tow package, although there is still a blank plate in place where the electrics and hitch receiver would be (a fix has not been released for this yet).

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
May I ask when your truck arrived at the Baltimore port? Might give the rest of us an idea of how long it will take to get ours. Any thoughts on your experience so far?

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos did mention in their Nov 22nd email that a “fix” is expected within next few weeks. They did not mention that it will take them a few weeks just removing hitch receivers at port. Talking about managing expectations :)

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
FWIW Rivian wasn't exactly stellar in my experience with direct sales, even with free delivery (3.5 hours each way) to my house. I've had two mobile service visits in the past year but if I needed major service it would be a 7 hour round trip for me.

Thus far the dealer for IG has been fine to me but then I don't expect my hand to be held either. I would not hold Tesla up as a paragon of communications with its customers.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
What kind of a connector does it have? Four flat? Or seven pin round?
Nobody has a tow package. I bought the tow package but took delivery of my truck last week with no tow package there is a plastic cover over where the two inch receiver is supposed to be. Everyone is still waiting. The only bright spot is the tow package will now be free when it finally arrives.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
May I ask when your truck arrived at the Baltimore port? Might give the rest of us an idea of how long it will take to get ours. Any thoughts on your experience so far?
Mine arrived in Baltimore on the arc patriot on November 9th. I proactively called my dealer intermittently probably since mid-November to check if the dealer received it. If I were you - just keep reaching out to the dealer (like once a week week, via text or call) to check if they’ve received yet. The dealer says they aren’t made aware of which grenadiers are at port or even which are leaving port in transport to the dealer - they literally only find out when they arrive at their dealership. Also, RDS didn’t have any accessories yet (when I took delivery), but I told them I’d like my vehicle awhile - and would just pick up the accessories whenever the tow package fix was available.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine arrived in Baltimore on the arc patriot on November 9th. I proactively called my dealer intermittently probably since mid-November to check if the dealer received it. If I were you - just keep reaching out to the dealer (like once a week week, via text or call) to check if they’ve received yet. The dealer says they aren’t made aware of which grenadiers are at port or even which are leaving port in transport to the dealer - they literally only find out when they arrive at their dealership. Also, RDS didn’t have any accessories yet (when I took delivery), but I told them I’d like my vehicle awhile - and would just pick up the accessories whenever the tow package fix was available.
Thanks - mine arrived on the 9th as well. Odd that we need to do the bird-dogging.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks - mine arrived on the 9th as well. Odd that we need to do the bird-dogging.
RDS did call me on 12/19 to say there were ~50 remaining at Baltimore from the November arrivals. These are coming to RDS ~12/week, but in random order so they do not know when mine will arrive. Sort of good news, bad news.

Back
Top Bottom