The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Production has started (previously Start of US production?)

Grenadier Journals

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
Just got a lovely phone call from LeNita at red Nolan in Colorado Springs just before the announcement. Will have demo trucks in about 2 weeks.. will be able to book a test drive for up to 2 hours long if you need it.

Best of all she already sent me my vin number!

Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
Some guys have all the luck.

some guys have all the pain
It's mostly an example of a big city luxury dealer getting to round up all the low hanging fruit in the midwest WITHOUT cannibalizing their metropolitan customers.
They know a guy from the woods of Michigan isn't going to have any servicing costs.
At this point, the deals been booked. All they have to do is not screw it up.
When I buy vehicles under GM-S, the dealer just gets a processing fee. Vehicle cost is the same at every dealer.
I would think this is similar.
We'll see.
Not gonna need seat protectant or an extended warranty either.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got a lovely phone call from LeNita at red Nolan in Colorado Springs just before the announcement. Will have demo trucks in about 2 weeks.. will be able to book a test drive for up to 2 hours long if you need it.

Best of all she already sent me my vin number!
I didn't ask how long I could do a test drive but that would be an awesome if other dealers did that as well.

Local time
Reaction score
I didn't ask how long I could do a test drive but that would be an awesome if other dealers did that as well.
Is it the reservation number? or the sight unseen online order number?
In other words, 2021 or 2023 for place in line?

As a practical matter, it is probably based on June 2023, then July, then Aug, then Sept.
I can't see how they could integrate reservations from two years ago with June 2023 ordering.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it the reservation number? or the sight unseen online order number?
In other words, 2021 or 2023 for place in line?

As a practical matter, it is probably based on June 2023, then July, then Aug, then Sept.
I can't see how they could integrate reservations from two years ago with June 2023 ordering.
If you ordered within the window in June, and had a pre-existing reservation; build order follows the order of reservations. If you ordered outside the initial window, build order falls after the reservations and in the order they were received
How can that be? Mine is seven digits long. I'm thinking that these numbers mean nothing as ar as priority build slots.
Cut the preceding numbers out, just the last 4 or 5 (depending on if you are x9xxx or x1xxxx) matter

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
If you ordered within the window in June, and had a pre-existing reservation; build order follows the order of reservations. If you ordered outside the initial window, build order falls after the reservations and in the order they were received

Cut the preceding numbers out, just the last 4 or 5 (depending on if you are x9xxx or x1xxxx) matter
Mine: PRE-ORDER #0000019289. Ineos told me the preorder number has nothing to do with your place in the queue. It is your time of reservation two years ago that counts.

Local time
Reaction score

So is that official?
I'm expecting a 2024 model year price hike for everyone that didn't order in that sight unseen window.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
Hey Anand, I see you have a sprinter. I've seen you over at Sprinter Source. Here'e mine: (I am Fourbye there)

Local time
Reaction score
0005270296 10/02/2021

It's weird, Guns on Pegs said we'd get a 2 week head start on Sept 19, 2021, but I've heard naught about that since then.
I guess there could have been reservation numbers with a date earlier than 10/01/2021
but idk.

and then from Ineos on 9/13/2023

PRE-ORDER NUMBER:0005663070

And finally, from the dealer

20539 order number 9/12/2023 logged 9/19/2023

Who knows what numbers set up the queue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom