The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

*UPDATE* SOUNDS ARE FIXED, FAULTS HAVE RETURNED: Turn Indicator and Lane Departure Warning Sounds + LDW Malfunction + AEB Unavailable Fault

Local time
1:14 PM
Reaction score
Mine often comes on at night as well
Mine just came on while driving tonight as well. I just got it back from the dealership where they attended to some rattling in the dash and the driver did not staying closed. I’m hoping all the kinks are worked out soon and am enjoying it despite the few inconveniences.

Dlucky

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Couldn't find a solid thread regarding these issues, just a few comments here and there. Starting a thread in case anyone else comes across this issue and what the fix is from the dealer if any on my end.

Easiest way to describe my issue is fluctuating turn indicator sounds. From high pitched, to low hums, to normal, then to ear piercing screeching, to blown out speaker sounding. Literally sounds like I am trying to send a fax in 1993. Also, my lane departure noise just sounds like a blown out speaker, garbled and harsh on the ears. Turning up the radio doesn't fix it as it comes out pretty loud. Told the dealer about it (Mossy San Diego) but they haven't figured a fix yet. Will update post as I go along this adventure.

Picked up car last week. Not sure of current SW build. The dealer had no idea of any software updates minus the tow hitch update.
I have the same issue with mine. Likely need to replace tell-tale as that is the part that seems to be malfunctioning. Picked up mine last week as well

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same issue with mine. Likely need to replace tell-tale as that is the part that seems to be malfunctioning. Picked up mine last week as well
That's the funny thing. They have replaced it 2 times already. So 3 bad modules??? They say a 4th will fix it. We will see.

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't repeating the same task over and over and expecting a different result a definition for insanity?
The YouTube automotive diagnosticians call that "firing the parts cannon" at the problem and hoping it fixes it. If three or four tell-tails are bad it's because something else is causing them to fail.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The YouTube automotive diagnosticians call that "firing the parts cannon" at the problem and hoping it fixes it. If three or four tell-tails are bad it's because something else is causing them to fail.
My thoughts exactly!! What is causing them to fail?? It is comforting knowing that they are at least acknowledging that there is a problem, they just aren't sure how to fix it. Hence, throwing the same part at it over and over expecting a different result.

I literally laughed out loud when the service dept told me over the phone they were replacing the tell tale again.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:14 PM
Reaction score
My Jeep dealer is doing that very thing right now with our Wrangler. Check engine light came on and then the battery died later. They told me it was the battery. I told them change the battery than scan for codes because it is NOT the battery. They said it is now the "Hybrid Battery". Is that a buzz word since it is not actually a Hybrid? lol

Back
Top Bottom