The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

*UPDATE* SOUNDS ARE FIXED, FAULTS HAVE RETURNED: Turn Indicator and Lane Departure Warning Sounds + LDW Malfunction + AEB Unavailable Fault

Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. My LDW turns off if I turn off car and restar it. Even if front camera cannot read a lane in my driveway I would think once I hit the road it would turn off once it sees it. Just weird cause it does not do it all the time & restarting the car every time gets rid of message. Trying to see if there is some sort of pattern too. My husband left the over the speed warning on & no light in sight at all. Screen is black so he thinks it has to do with that but need to test more.

Daniel Myane

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
The warnings are intermittent. Sometimes they will come on upon starting the truck. Other times I can drive 2 hours and nothing, but then pull into my drive after a 3 minute drive home from the store and they appear. Or randomly come on while on the freeway. I have been trying to nail down a trend or pattern for the techs because it would be nice for them to see if their fix worked before handing it back to me again. But so far nothing notable has been identified.
I just picked my IG up last week. It has 290 miles total on her. Everyday I have driven I will get the same odd internet tone about 30% of the time, blinker use, lane departure, unbuckling while driving, etc....No warning lights on dash...yet.. Your experience scares and seems like we are the lucky very rare ones. My dealer is 4 hours away and I have only text with the salesman as it was a holiday. He was unaware of anyone else having this issue and was going to check with tech. What was your final outcome? Did the Ineos tech have the solution? Your feed has been a big help, looking forward to seeing what you figured out. Cheers and enjoy Carlsbad, we lived in Encinitas for a while.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
I just picked my IG up last week. It has 290 miles total on her. Everyday I have driven I will get the same odd internet tone about 30% of the time, blinker use, lane departure, unbuckling while driving, etc....No warning lights on dash...yet.. Your experience scares and seems like we are the lucky very rare ones. My dealer is 4 hours away and I have only text with the salesman as it was a holiday. He was unaware of anyone else having this issue and was going to check with tech. What was your final outcome? Did the Ineos tech have the solution? Your feed has been a big help, looking forward to seeing what you figured out. Cheers and enjoy Carlsbad, we lived in Encinitas for a while.
Unfortunately there has been no progress on the issues I have experienced. Over 40 days in the shop and no fix. It went as far as the Sercice Department saying it was the roads in Carlsbad causing the issue. I found that one really comical.

I have just sent a letter to Ineos Corporate asking for a buy back and refund. They have 30 days to respond, so hopefully the issue will be resolved within the next month or so.

Sorry to hear you are having electrical gremlins. And thanks! Carlsbad is fantastic this time of year!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It keeps getting better. LOL. Now I am getting SBR Error warnings and Speed Control Module Malfunction warnings. I swear I am just working my way through the list of potential errors at this point.

And no response from Ineos regarding my letter requesting a Buy Back. Legally they have 7 more days to respond, so fingers crossed.

Local time
Reaction score
@Jackattack13 not a great option but maybe consider getting a few of the others in this forum to file a class action to get resolution. I’m sure there will be a lot of bashing, blood sucking, good for nothing, lawyer talk and that the process only rewards the lawyer but….its a path and maybe the only one your left with.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Jackattack13 not a great option but maybe consider getting a few of the others in this forum to file a class action to get resolution. I’m sure there will be a lot of bashing, blood sucking, good for nothing, lawyer talk and that the process only rewards the lawyer but….its a path and maybe the only one your left with.
Unfortunately, you might be right. If they do not respond within the 30 days, the only other option is litigation. That alone is 1 to 2 years of back and forth with no guaranteed outcome. I have been keeping solid records of all of the faults and malfunctions, so if it did come to that, they cannot claim I was making it up, or it doesn't happen as often as I am stating.

Local time
Reaction score
@Jackattack13 agree, its the long path.

There are enough people in the forum to build a class action suit and I think it might benefit owners more: Nissan's brake issue, Porsche PCM and Diesel, GM (several). While I don't think there are any similarities, Porsche's diesel gate resulted in 15k back into owners pocket and an extended warranty for 120k miles. I think the average Ineos owner would love a 120k warranty given the early issues. (I'm not a lawyer but maybe somebody on this forum is and can reply with some direction)

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Ineos received my letter and failed to provide any response within 30 days. Attorneys are now drafting paperwork for final demand before going to court. I really was hoping that this would go easy, that they would respond to my letter, but they are proving to be difficult.

I am keeping this thread going for others that may be experiencing issues and may need to go down this path.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE: Unfortunately, no response from INEOS from the final demand of Buy Back request. Lawyer is filing official lawsuit with my local court this week. I really was hoping they would come back with an offer to just make it right. Now it all depends on how backed up the courts are and how long it will take to get this in front of a judge.

• Wow
Reactions: AWo

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The electrical gremlins are multiplying. Recently began seeing a new fault. "Speed Assistant Malfunction" No idea what it means. I'll just add it to the stack
faults. 😆 😆
1000006706.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
@Jackattack13 I don't think that the IG has "adaptive speed control" (maybe called something different but what I know it as).

Maybe this is the nanny that lets you know what the speed limit is on the street your driving.

Have you had the windshield replaced? Is your windshield dirty or covered with ice (I know, nothing in the US right now that has a temp cold enough to sustain ice, certainly not in Cali).

Local time
Reaction score
maybe?

Drock

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm curious - Is anyone seeing the "AEB Not Available" malfunction only at night? Nothing comes on during the day, however at night with the headlights lights on I get the warning. I noticed this malfunction only started after installing the Roo Bar, but again only occurring in the evenings. Maybe it's a complete coincidence.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm curious - Is anyone seeing the "AEB Not Available" malfunction only at night? Nothing comes on during the day, however at night with the headlights lights on I get the warning. I noticed this malfunction only started after installing the Roo Bar, but again only occurring in the evenings. Maybe it's a complete coincidence.
It definitely happens more at night and at dusk or dawn. I don't have the roo bar installed, so no corelation there. Do you get the LDW Malfunction error along with the AEB Error? Mine tend to go hand in hand.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
Mine often comes on at night as well

Drock

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It definitely happens more at night and at dusk or dawn. I don't have the roo bar installed, so no corelation there. Do you get the LDW Malfunction error along with the AEB Error? Mine tend to go hand in hand.
Just the AEB malfunction. I've not seen the LDW malfunction yet. Sometimes the AEB malfunction turns off by itself. I haven't figured it out but it is triggered by something when driving.

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've gotten the AEB Not Available warning a few times and it does seem like it only happens when it's dark out. Usually when the AEB light comes on, I also get a multitude of other systems malfunctioning too. It's always a bit unnerving to see all those lights, but they all go away after a restart. I've had my truck for about four months and less than 2k miles on my vehicle and seen the warning lights about 3 times. I dont have any aftermarket bars on the front of my truck.

Back
Top Bottom