The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

*UPDATE* SOUNDS ARE FIXED, FAULTS HAVE RETURNED: Turn Indicator and Lane Departure Warning Sounds + LDW Malfunction + AEB Unavailable Fault

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Just dropped off the rig for the 3rd attempt at a fix. The rig had a meltdown of sorts with 5 malfunctions and errors appearing all at once.

AEB Not Available, LDW Malfunction, Speed Control Module Malfunction, Tyre Pressure Sensors Lost (All 4), Automatic Emergency Brake Lamp Malfunction.

Over 30 days at the shop now. Keeping this thread going for folks that are experiencing the same issues and MAYBE they find the root cause of the issue. They said they are going to remove and re-calibrate the camera. I have no idea how that would effect the Tyre and Lamp warnings. Will update the thread as it progresses.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
Just dropped off the rig for the 3rd attempt at a fix. The rig had a meltdown of sorts with 5 malfunctions and errors appearing all at once.

AEB Not Available, LDW Malfunction, Speed Control Module Malfunction, Tyre Pressure Sensors Lost (All 4), Automatic Emergency Brake Lamp Malfunction.

Over 30 days at the shop now. Keeping this thread going for folks that are experiencing the same issues and MAYBE they find the root cause of the issue. They said they are going to remove and re-calibrate the camera. I have no idea how that would effect the Tyre and Lamp warnings. Will update the thread as it progresses.
Jack - totally unacceptable. Three visits, and not fixed. Even though it maybe one item causing these problems, you end up becoming demoralised very quickly. This needs pushing up the line and someone should be assisting you pronto!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dealer called yesterday and said they have figured it out. (Same thing they said last 2 times. LOL) Apparently there was excessive glue on the forward facing camera on the windshield causing obstruction and off-gassing fogging up the windscreen. This was throwing the codes. Hopefully it will be done today so I can enjoy the rig over the weekend.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update: Picked up the car today. Was told the camera flashing was the issue. Had the camera glue repaired and recalibration completed. Should fix the issue.

Driving home. The AEB and LDW Malfunction errors came back. So no fix. 🙁🙁 Back to the drawing board.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update: Picked up the car today. Was told the camera flashing was the issue. Had the camera glue repaired and recalibration completed. Should fix the issue.

Driving home. The AEB and LDW Malfunction errors came back. So no fix. 🙁🙁 Back to the drawing board.
A ground somewhere, maybe? Pinched wire? Time for Ineos to take it back to the factory and send you a new one.

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
That's the route I am going at this point. No way I am hanging onto something with this many electrical gremlins for the long haul.
The sad thing is that it probably is something simple like a plug not fully seated, ground as mentioned or something along those lines. Unfortunately for you and the dealer, without Ineos Tech support helping them meticulously troubleshoot piece by piece, they won’t be interested in finding the fault since they won’t get reimbursed for all the time an issue like this takes to track down. Why am I having flashbacks about JLR - oh yea, because of the same exact issues :(

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
Unfortunately for you and the dealer, without Ineos Tech support helping them meticulously troubleshoot piece by piece, they won’t be interested in finding the fault since they won’t get reimbursed for all the time an issue like this takes to track down.
The dealer has access to the full and complete repair manual with troubleshooting and fault finding. If they've reached out to Ineos' technical team, I can assure you they're getting all the support that is available. The question is, have they actually started a ticket with Ineos for these issues or are they handling them locally. I'm not putting the blame on the dealer, but more than a few times when dealers have told customers they are "waiting on Ineos" they either hadn't contacted Ineos to start a ticket, or it was an issue that they already had full access to repair pathways (i.e. TSBs for door seals or interior AC condensate dripping).

Additionally, there is no reason they wouldn't get reimbursed for the time involved in troubleshooting; again, they have access to the troubleshooting pathways and can see exactly what each step pays

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
Hmm, this is probably a new thread but has anyone taken a look to see if this is a grounding issue with some of the components?

I have worked on plenty of vehicles where a poor ground connection from the battery, electrical component, harness, sensor or any number of pieces caused intermittent problems. Usually it was solved by creating a better connection to the body or by increasing the wire capacity. I haven't taken a close look yet, but plenty of manufactures don't create a clean metal to metal connection between a wire and the body. They count on the ground screw being driven into the body to scrape away the paint and make that connection. Unfortunately that doesn't always remove the paint inside the threads so you end up with a bad connection.

These issues being discussed don't really sound like a software issue and sound more like a voltage issue. If it was software, everyone would be seeing the same problem, right?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it was software, everyone would be seeing the same problem, right?
I believe the OP's thought was more along the lines of a failed module, not software directly.

As for grounding, it is certainly a possibility, but I've popped off a few of the OEM grounds and they are bare metal connections

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The dealer has access to the full and complete repair manual with troubleshooting and fault finding. If they've reached out to Ineos' technical team, I can assure you they're getting all the support that is available. The question is, have they actually started a ticket with Ineos for these issues or are they handling them locally. I'm not putting the blame on the dealer, but more than a few times when dealers have told customers they are "waiting on Ineos" they either hadn't contacted Ineos to start a ticket, or it was an issue that they already had full access to repair pathways (i.e. TSBs for door seals or interior AC condensate dripping).

Additionally, there is no reason they wouldn't get reimbursed for the time involved in troubleshooting; again, they have access to the troubleshooting pathways and can see exactly what each step pays

The service center has been in contact with Ineos Support from the start. That is one of the reasons it takes so long for repairs to take place, is that they don't dive in on their own accord, they wait for Ineos support to determine a potential solution. This in itself is highly inefficient as not everyone has weeks to leave their vehicle at the shop. Assuming people have more than one vehicle without offering a loaner is poor business.

Hmm, this is probably a new thread but has anyone taken a look to see if this is a grounding issue with some of the components?

I have worked on plenty of vehicles where a poor ground connection from the battery, electrical component, harness, sensor or any number of pieces caused intermittent problems. Usually it was solved by creating a better connection to the body or by increasing the wire capacity. I haven't taken a close look yet, but plenty of manufactures don't create a clean metal to metal connection between a wire and the body. They count on the ground screw being driven into the body to scrape away the paint and make that connection. Unfortunately that doesn't always remove the paint inside the threads so you end up with a bad connection.

These issues being discussed don't really sound like a software issue and sound more like a voltage issue. If it was software, everyone would be seeing the same problem, right?

The last visit was chasing wires. They cleaned and checked all the pins off the associated wiring and found a "Bad Ground", which I was assured that this was the fix. Well...it wasn't. Not saying that there couldn't possibly be another bad ground, but I doubt the Service Center has the time and manpower to tear into a vehicles wiring to chase wires throughout the vehicle. My service center has 2 techs.

I believe the OP's thought was more along the lines of a failed module, not software directly.

As for grounding, it is certainly a possibility, but I've popped off a few of the OEM grounds and they are bare metal connections

The original proposed fix was the Tell-Tale module. This was directly from Ineos support. They changed this module 2x as they believed the first 2 were faulty. 1 installed at factory, 1 installed during first service visit.

Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
Multiple modules lost, if not a grounding or power supply issue more likely a CAN bus issue. A vehicle only needs one module with an internal terminating resistor being faulty or an internal fault to corrupt the data and knock out multiple modules that rely on the shared data.
The other issue can be aftermarket equipment fitted into the CAN that can corrupt the car data or items like radios, communication equipment running wiring like antannas alongside the twisted pair of wires used for factory vehicle comms between modules or speed sensor wiring. Some vehicle ECUs are more sensitive to external electrical influences and likely will not show the fault on factory diagnostic equipment an ocsilloscope may be required to properly diagnose the fault.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Multiple modules lost, if not a grounding or power supply issue more likely a CAN bus issue. A vehicle only needs one module with an internal terminating resistor being faulty or an internal fault to corrupt the data and knock out multiple modules that rely on the shared data.
The other issue can be aftermarket equipment fitted into the CAN that can corrupt the car data or items like radios, communication equipment running wiring like antannas alongside the twisted pair of wires used for factory vehicle comms between modules or speed sensor wiring. Some vehicle ECUs are more sensitive to external electrical influences and likely will not show the fault on factory diagnostic equipment an ocsilloscope may be required to properly diagnose the fault.

Like you stated, it appears the data is getting corrupted. Since there is no aftermarket equipment installed, I feel like there is probably an intermittent short to ground from a pinched or chaffed wire along the run somewhere. These problems can be nearly impossible to chase down, unless you are willing to spend hundreds of hours troubleshooting. This is why cars get scrapped from electrical gremlins. It's not worth the labor costs to chase down and fix.

ecohen2

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
I won't have access to my Grenadier until the weekend, but just for fun I am going to go look for a couple of ground screws and see if there is paint in the threads...

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Ineos said they are going to send out a Tech Rep from corporate to try and fix my vehicle next week. I feel like a case study. LOL
That’s good to hear that Ineos is helping sort the issue. Some RAM 1500 trucks (Stellantis) were recently assembled with faulty pre-made wiring looms from their supplier. The guys on the assembly line (UAW workers) notified management, and those vehicles with the bad parts are normally pulled off the line. Apparently management said “nope - keep them moving through” and they were delivered to dealers. Now those specific trucks are having serious issues where dealer techs are having hellacious problems tracing the problems. Replacing a Christmas tree wire harness is no easy task. Hopefully your’s nor anyone else’s falls into that category.

Local time
Reaction score
Ineos said they are going to send out a Tech Rep from corporate to try and fix my vehicle next week. I feel like a case study. LOL
Please keep us posted. One question, does your LDW warning turn off if you turn off engine & then turn back on? Or is it always on no matter what?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please keep us posted. One question, does your LDW warning turn off if you turn off engine & then turn back on? Or is it always on no matter what?
The warnings are intermittent. Sometimes they will come on upon starting the truck. Other times I can drive 2 hours and nothing, but then pull into my drive after a 3 minute drive home from the store and they appear. Or randomly come on while on the freeway. I have been trying to nail down a trend or pattern for the techs because it would be nice for them to see if their fix worked before handing it back to me again. But so far nothing notable has been identified.

Back
Top Bottom