The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tech Specs

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
So back of the envelope math, the Trail master edition has 764 kgs  or 1685 lbs payload. And 15-18 mpg US. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Straight math from GBP to USD puts the price range at $61,000 - $73,500. I’d say that’s competitive but add some must have accessories and you are knocking at $85,000 before tax ?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
Paachi said:
So back of the envelope math, the Trail master edition has 764 kgs  or 1685 lbs payload. And 15-18 mpg US. 

15mpg would be awful 

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Paachi said:
Straight math from GBP to USD puts the price range at $61,000 - $73,500. I’d say that’s competitive but add some must have accessories and you are knocking at $85,000 before tax ?

It may not be that dire for the accessories - the packages look pretty good, and the prices across the pond are pretty comparable; here's what I posted elsewhere on the threads but I'm actually thinking a nicely appointed Gren should be in the $65k Euro range; I'm hopeful that a USA Jeep Price --> UK Jeep Price will ballpark similarly with the USA Gren Price --> UK Gren price but of course that may not be so. 

You are getting a lot of 4x4 for $59k. To contrast it with the next closest thing, a Jeep Unlimited Rubicon comes in at the same price give or take a few hundred bucks (the Jeep Rubicon on the UK site goes for $59,500 Euro), but that means:

- About 1,000 lbs less payload (estimate based on memory)(Edit - Pachi based on your napkin math on payload it may be less than 1000 pounds difference)
- No raised air intake
- No "utility belt"
- No second battery
- No pre-wired aux switches
- No ability to carry roof loads

I'm sure there's more you won't get with the Rubi compared to the Gren but those items jumped out to me as being missing in the Rubicon; you surely can add all of those things to the Rubicon but parts and labour would likely be around $5k or more to achieve a similar level of function at least; given a decent roof rack can be $2k on it's own (where as the Gren can take roof loads as is), you are getting a lot more 4x4 for your money with the Gren as compared to the closest competition, by my measure.

Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
FlyingTexan said:
I’m in the US and can’t spec anything but went through the UK spec sheet. Getting up there in price pretty quickly. $90k is no joke

I'm also in the U.S. and downloaded the U.K. price list. After converting from British pounds, I'm at around $84,000 - even starting with the commercial 2-seater. You only save $1,000 when you get rid of the second row of seating, if you add-on all the off-road gear, winch, and a bunch of other options. This is about 10k more than I'd like to spend. 

Payload in the gas-powered commercial 2-seater is a little lower than expected (856 kg, or 1887 pounds), but its better than the station wagon, and better than the diesel (due to the heavier diesel engine). Some of the options will cut into that payload (rock-sliders weigh around 100 pounds, the winch has got to be at least 50 pounds).

Weird stat: the station wagon can hold luggage slightly longer than the commercial 2-seater. The distance behind the front seats: 1512 mm (59.5 inches) in the commercial vs. 1645 mm (64.8 inches) in the station wagon. I am guessing this is due to the cargo barrier in the commercial. 60 inches of length behind the front seats is not quite enough for our needs. Nordic skis are long; these will have to go in a rocket box on the roof, or we have to wait on the long-wheelbase wagon.

Hope folks in Europe are having fun building their Grenadiers!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
Assuming the fuel economy figures are in Imperial gallons not US Gallons then we have 10-12 l/100kms in the diesel which is excellent and better than I was expecting
Compared to 13-15l/100kms in the petrol.
Around 820 kms on a tank highway driving for the diesel compared to about 640 kms in the petrol 

Local time
Reaction score
FlyingTexan said:
15mpg would be awful 

Yeah, 15-18 is lower than I was expecting. Cruising at the speed limit on the highway, on flat ground, but at 5,500 feet (elevation), you can get 15 mpg in a 7,400-pound Ram 2500 Power Wagon with a 6.4 liter V8. Of course, 15 is the best you can get in that Power Wagon, but still, I was hoping for something like 18-20 in the Grenadier.

Local time
Reaction score
Question: can you mount a "rocket box" to the roof of the Grenadier without a roof rack, or is a roof rack required?

P.S. I have no attachment to the Yakima brand - any similar box is fine.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
stickshifter said:
Yeah, 15-18 is lower than I was expecting. Cruising at the speed limit on the highway, on flat ground, but at 5,500 feet (elevation), you can get 15 mpg in a 7,400-pound Ram 2500 Power Wagon with a 6.4 liter V8. Of course, 15 is the best you can get in that Power Wagon, but still, I was hoping for something like 18-20 in the Grenadier.
In my current vehicle I get just over 50 mpg US or 4.6l/100kms sitting on 140kmh or 85mph  but it is extremely aerodynamic. Grenadier is king of similar to a brick outhouse

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Where are you guys finding the pricing sheet?   I get nowhere on the website here in the US.  I've changed my domain to the uk and Au with no luck.  I'm not able to configure for fun

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
You and me both - I'm in Australia and cant see any info.

I click on the "Full specs" link and just get shunted back to the home page

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, but can you see this on Australian website right now or did you download this before? Because I am trying to get it on the website but it's just pushing me in circles without giving any information..
Thank you. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Red pepper userid=8373838 postid=1332499658]Thanks Dave, but can you see this on Australian website right now or did you download this before? Because I am trying to get it on the website but it's just pushing me in circles without giving any information..
Thank you. [/QUOTE]
I can't find it by following the links they seem to be not working.
I just kept on clicking away and it took me to a page that said I shouldn't be there and then up popped this page with full specs and pricing.
I have tried to get back but can only do it using my link.
Luckily I saved it to favourites

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone care to guess what the vehicle integrated side awning is?   Is a side awning that bolts to a rack or they have developed on that connects directly to the Grenadier.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am very impressed with the diligence of the Grenadier team in not only stating some very important specs (payloads, dimensions with different situations like behind 1st row seats) but also stating the conditions of those specs. Ex Payload is with no driver and 90% fuel and all fluids topped. And in case of the Trailmaster they have also accounted for the additional weight of the accessories and aux battery while computing payload. I like the approach. Most companies don’t even share details of how they calculate the numbers and in some extreme scenarios the numbers are plain wrong (I am looking at you Jeep)

Although the one number very conspicuously missing is the side tip over angle. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It’s also curious that the petrol and diesel both have the same sized tank..90L / 23.78 US Gal. Very disappointing that they didn’t use up the additional 17l liter ad blue tank space to increase petrol tank size by another 17 liters or 1 jerry can worth. I am guessing build efficiencies.

Back
Top Bottom