The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tech Specs

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
I think that is because it has been tuned to run on crap fuel.
I am sure if you go up to 98 RON or better you will get better results 
I think I recall from somewhere that the Diesel is tuned to run OK on the worst fuel available in Africa which kind of explains the very low torque figure of 550NM compared to the BMW X5 with 680NM with the same engine

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like the way they measure the fuel economy 
This is the combined cycle figures so figure 10-15% better on the highway 10-15% worse around town  and 15-20% worse offroad 
I assume M1 are the station wagon and N1 are the Utility but couldn't find it anywhere
Not clear what their idea of fully optioned means but at least they are not using empty tank, no occupants and no load as some companies do.
'
*Combined Cycle, low figure from base vehicle, high from fully optioned vehicle with BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tyres.
M1 vehicles tested with 15% of payload. N1 vehicles tested with 28% of payload

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I think that is because it has been tuned to run on crap fuel.
I am sure if you go up to 98 RON or better you will get better results 
I think I recall from somewhere that the Diesel is tuned to run OK on the worst fuel available in Africa which kind of explains the very low torque figure of 550NM compared to the BMW X5 with 680NM with the same engine

then presumably it can be re tuned for better performance?? Don’t see myself travelling in Africa with my Grenadier! The extra torque could be quite handy. 

Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
DaveB said:
I haven't seen what the speed rating is on the BF Goodrich K02 tyres but I am guessing they are either 160 or 190 kmh max which could possibly be why they have a 160kmh speed limiter on the vehicle. 
I also think that as you go over 120kmh trying to push this large square block through the air would be the same as punching a hole in your fuel tank. 
Even Brembo brakes would struggle with a few heavy stops at 150kmh + 

The BFG KO2 is one of the highest speed-rated All-Terrain tires on the market. Its one of the reasons I like it.

The KO2 that will be sold on the Grenadier (265/70 R17), available in both Load Rating C and Load Rating D, has a Speed Rating of S (112 mph / 180 km/h).

You can look up specific sizes and load ratings on this site: https://tiresize.com/tires/BFGoodrich/All-Terrain-TA-KO2.htm

I didn't check on the KO2 on 18-inch wheels - I'll leave that for other folks to do ?

Here is a summary of Speed Ratings I put together a while back (don't remember my source):

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for the specs sheet from Apil, 28th, but can't find it in the forum (it doesn't seem  to be anymore available on the Ineos site ..)?

Does anybody have this file?

I was wrong: The numbers I am looking for are in the "Brochure".

Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the specs for the wheels ( the metal bits... )    6 x 130mm stud patern,  What about wheel offset?  

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Elijah.hostetler said:
I don't think the UK prices translate over. The Australian prices are cheaper when convert to USD 

I think you need to reduce the prices shown according to the tax included for various markets. For example, the Australian prices are inclusive the Goods and Services Tax, currently levied at 10% ?. From a quick search it appears that the UK prices are subject to a Value Added Tax (VAT) of 20%  ?So to determine the base price minus GST, divide the price by 11 and subtract that  from the full price. Similarly for UK prices at 20% VAT, divide the full price by 6 and subtract the result from the full price to get the base price. Also, large companies sometimes use a different Foreign Exchange from those published for travellers...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
It is faster to divide by 1.1 or 1.2 respectively.

$120 inclusive of 20% tax divided by 1.2 == $100. Unfortunately, I have to admit, it's a bit more demanding if you don't have a calculator at hand.

But in front of a PC ...

HT

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
@grenadierguy in that first photo, it looks like there are safari windows under that full length roof rack.  Not quite sure how that will work!  I'm a big fan of the safari windows, and I'm someone who needs a roof rack.  It'd be great if Grenadier sold a half-length roof rack, so I could get both (without one making the other redundant).

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
I believe a half-rack is in development or will be developed.  Someone like Fromtrunner will have one done soon after launch.  

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have just been told that ARB and possibly another company are working on lift kits and GVM upgrades here in Australia.
Also possible bar work and other accessories.
My local distributor is working on draw systems, bars and lights and will look ta other stuff over time.
They said they have had a good laugh looking at all the comments about load rating because most of them were just plain wrong or didn't take into account load distribution, axle loads etc. 
They also find it amusing when they look at the stuff people jam into overlanding vehicles, coffee machines, ovens, boats on the roof and a 3 tonne trailer. 
They build full on expedition vehicles that don't contain some of the stuff people lug around. 
Their advice to me was buy a pretty basic Grenadier and add extras over time after you have lived with it for a while 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Davman said:
Yeah I spoke to Warwick last week too - top bunch of guys - quality quality products.
H's pretty easy to talk with, very relaxed and experienced, calm.
Only about 15 minutes from my place so will make things easy
Now I have to go back to the configurator and start again

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
I love that SLRV is getting involved.   They mentioned on Instagram about looking at what they can do. 

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=DaveB userid=8923052 postid=1332708752]
H's pretty easy to talk with, very relaxed and experienced, calm.
Only about 15 minutes from my place so will make things easy
Now I have to go back to the configurator and start again[/QUOTE]

interesting. what are you planning to uncheck from the original configuration?

presume not the lockers or loom?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Every time I unchecked something I put it back again. 
Definitely the lockers and the loom and the safari windows.
Pretty much the only things I have deleted is the raised air intake and the table.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
So, can we share whats included with the wiring loom please.
To my knowledge it adds another 4 switches onto the overhead panel - in addition to the spare 4 that are already included.

It looks like this includes some wiring plugs to the external roof, and perhaps also a heavy duty circuit for a winch perhaps.

Do we know where these looms are powered from, or where they all terminate?

I wire up my cars myself with dual battery/Lithium/Solar Panels etc, but I am still curious whether to tick that box or not.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it is pretty damn vague. 
The driver in the latest video from Bucharest test says the wiring goes down to the front of the engine for a winch and lights and in other places it mentions as you have said 5weatherproof outlets on the roof. 
One of the pictures show a switch on the roof panel labelled exterior lights, which I assume relates to the 5 outlets on the roof but?????? 

Back
Top Bottom