The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Definitely interested in a “factory bull bar.
I would be impressed if they are willing to/allowed to sell it privately instead of through Ineos as an accessory only

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
I would be impressed if they are willing to/allowed to sell it privately instead of through Ineos as an accessory only
I have no idea - they sell to private parties in the US. Even if they can refer me to their aftermarket distributor - maybe a bulk order is something we could pursue possibly.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
Their US website for the Automotive Division sells direct to consumers - who knows what they will do, but why not see.
Yes, completely different to the rest of the world.
You might be lucky there.

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps I’m not following or understanding all of the issues here, but wouldn’t the ineos dealer that you purchased the Grenadier from be able to diagnose/verify your concerns with the steering by driving and/or placing the vehicle on an alignment rack - and then make any necessary adjustments. If symptoms/issues still persist and/or if the dealer determines that it’s a defective product - then, it’s the dealers responsibility (not yours) to work with the manufacturer to correct. Meanwhile, the dealer should give you a loaner vehicle for free until they fix it or decide to give you a new vehicle. Is this not the case for anyone having issues with steering? Does your ineos dealership not have mechanics/technicians onsite? If not, I’d do what @Miki recommends above and then make sure to give the receipt for the repairs to the dealer so they can reimburse you for their lack of services.
Your 100% correct in an ideal world, unfortunately it's more complicated than you think. All the vehicles are pre sold direct from Ineos and fully paid up by the owner, no loaners exist and I don't think they ever will ! The agents are just that, working on behalf of the seller requiring authority for basically any expenditure. Very little decision making by the agent, as I see it were'r very dependent on the integrity an goodwill of the agents. Any remedial work time spent with investigating a vehicle problem would have to authorised, this would apply to any make of car. Plus technical information is scarce, hence my previous post stating the agent had to consult with the technical team at Ineos, additionally. I'm grateful the agency I'm with, Jardine Kent in the UK and the sales manager are reputable, approachable and so far been responsive to my problem. I'm luckily semi retired and have access to another car and have the time to arrange a 40 mile return trip to that dealer otherwise I could have a big problem.

If you go back and read my posts on my "steering problem" preceding this post some of the replies aren't particularly helpful, and want to put the onus onto the driver hence my last post. Also you can go back onto Sloany and Shaky's posts who have similar problems with the steering and equally have a lot of driving experience. Self diagnoses is very satisfying when confirmed correct but for the investment we have all made were dependant on the agents and their integrity to support customers which is decreed!

Additionally taking a new vehicle to an unauthorised garage can have repercussions, work carried out may be deemed unnecessary, ineffectual to the problem, charged at a unacceptable rate and also nullify your warranty. Consumer laws vary from country to country, the USA will have different laws than UK.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have no idea - they sell to private parties in the US. Even if they can refer me to their aftermarket distributor - maybe a bulk order is something we could pursue possibly.
No idea if you can get it from the US oem office, but I do know that ineos australia is importing the bullbars themselves, they are not being made here. There will eventually be a large stock kept in the melbourne warehouse, which suggests they dont have a local supplier in mind. I would be surprised if ineos themselves would export a bullbar to a country they can’t sell it new in.
But it is not a super complex bar, if there’s demand in the US someone will make it, just might have to wait.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No idea if you can get it from the US oem office, but I do know that ineos australia is importing the bullbars themselves, they are not being made here. There will eventually be a large stock kept in the melbourne warehouse, which suggests they dont have a local supplier in mind. I would be surprised if ineos themselves would export a bullbar to a country they can’t sell it new in.
But it is not a super complex bar, if there’s demand in the US someone will make it, just might have to wait.
EGR must be making them in their China or Thailand factories???

Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
To all you disbelievers.

Watch this 11 minutes into video "steering rock solid at 140Kmh = 87MPH" (cut and paste)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBaSQSmD-4g

My Grenadier is not safe or comfortable at 60/mph, confirmed by my agent, so what does that tell you.

I'm begining to think all these drivers who cite inexperience are inexperienced.
This is the best on road vid yet.
The only problem I can see is going into an exit ramp a little quick as you have to be Speed Racer on the steering wheel.
Great vid.
The driving gloves might be a little much.
:)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is the best on road vid yet.
The only problem I can see is going into an exit ramp a little quick as you have to be Speed Racer on the steering wheel.
Great vid.
The driving gloves might be a little much.
I didn't see the exit ramp issue but the rest looked great
He possibly has tatts on his hands that they wanted hidden or some other issues.
Or then again he may be metrosexual.
Thing I love about it is people generally know how to share the road in Europe.
Move over, overtake, move back.
Here in Australia they take out a mortgage on the fast lane and don't move over for anything.
Sometimes the slow lanes are empty

Local time
Reaction score
Here in Australia they take out a mortgage on the fast lane and don't move over for anything.
I've noticed the truckies are increasingly using the fast lanes. Sitting there at the limit and not moving left, cars are passing them on the inside lane.

Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
I didn't see the exit ramp issue but the rest looked great
He possibly has tatts on his hands that they wanted hidden or some other issues.
Or then again he may be metrosexual.
Thing I love about it is people generally know how to share the road in Europe.
Move over, overtake, move back.
Sometimes the slow lanes are empty
It was like at around the 10:15 mark.
Look at the steering wheel in relation to the turn.
It is what it is, im just sayin

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've noticed the truckies are increasingly using the fast lanes. Sitting there at the limit and not moving left, cars are passing them on the inside lane.
That's largely because the inside lanes are generally destroyed. Like every inland road in this country is at the moment.
My brother is doing the Lap at the moment with his van - he reckons trying to do the speed limit almost anywhere is just down right dangerous.

Local time
Reaction score
This was on the Gateway arterial. I've just moved back to Brisbane after 12yrs up north. A lot's changed!
We just did a trip towing the van out to Winton & back and yes the roads everywhere are a mess.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This was on the Gateway arterial. I've just moved back to Brisbane after 12yrs up north. A lot's changed!
We just did a trip towing the van out to Winton & back and yes the roads everywhere are a mess.
Yep, no such thing as peak hour anymore - it's peak hour every hour.
And the little city is growing.

Back
Top Bottom