The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering wheel center?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
I have/had same issue w/ alignment and contacted my service person (Trevor Lilly at Mossy in-house). His response is below. Got me almost straight…

“You can do micro adjustments on your own via the steering wheel.

If you turn the wheel in the opposite direction to drive straight, turn it all the way until it stops, and continue to turn it while moving forward, it will cause it to micro adjust on its own.”
As soon as I seen this post. I went out and gave it a try 😂. As mad as it seems, it bloody works. Probably only works for minor offset like mine. The test is for how long? So basically we all know on full steering lock, there is a tiny amount of turn still possible. Turning the opposite way resets it and works for me. Might be in head but the whining is not as loud.

I did this procedure twice and my steering is now at 12 o clock.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
I have/had same issue w/ alignment and contacted my service person (Trevor Lilly at Mossy in-house). His response is below. Got me almost straight…

If you turn the wheel in the opposite direction to drive straight, turn it all the way until it stops, and continue to turn it while moving forward, it will cause it to micro adjust on its own.”
So.... He's saying that every time someone touches the steering stops it is adjusting the steering wheel angle? I'll call that as some Dealer Jedi Mind Trickery :ROFLMAO:

e_k_powell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
I literally takes all of 10 minutes to loosen the nuts on the drag link collar and recenter the steering wheel. Doesn't change alignment in anyway and doesn't change how it drives, but for anyone a bit OCD and wants the steering wheel straight you need a couple of wrenches and 10 minutes of your time at most.

Bradysdad

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
I have had my truck for a week now and ever since I picked it up, it has pulled to the left and my steering wheel center is at about 11:30. Took it in for accessory installation today and they will check alignment and wheel centering.

The loaner they gave me drives so much better, doesn’t pull and the steering feels so much lighter. The loaner has steel wheels and BF Goodrich tires while my unit has the aluminum mags with the street tires. Could make a difference but ?????

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
The loaner they gave me drives so much better, doesn’t pull and the steering feels so much lighter. The loaner has steel wheels and BF Goodrich tires while my unit has the aluminum mags with the street tires. Could make a difference but ?????
Does the loaner have more miles on it than yours? If so, that would make sense because the steering definitely improves with driving

Lex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score

That can't be right!! I'm not a mechanic, and I know very little about cars, but that just sounds unimaginable.

Lex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
Does the loaner have more miles on it than yours? If so, that would make sense because the steering definitely improves with driving
wow, that's nice to hear. It means they can be made to drive without pulling!! Just can't understand why my dealer (really nice dealer by the way) can't seem to get it right. I still haven't heard back from Ineos on this. Spoke to them on the phone twice last week, to the person taking notes and passing the info along. But, no call back yet for solution :(

Back
Top Bottom