The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update

Owain

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the software update solves the parking sensor error when in reverse? (Always rear left and acts like I’m about to reverse in to something). Happens about 50% of the time with me and not sure if this is software ir faulty sensor.

I’m on the waiting list for update with local dealer but apparently the list is long and they couldn’t give me a date yet.

Local time
Reaction score
@Owain & @Barney - just to say Rear Parking Sensors and Internal Lighting is all fine.

As mentioned the parking sensors - appear to be recalibrated. Might make a minor video on this at some point in the next few days.
I think we meant is when you with off all the interior lights does it mean ALL ie do the load compartment lights still come on when rear doors are opened regardless of master roof switch position?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think we meant is when you with off all the interior lights does it mean ALL ie do the load compartment lights still come on when rear doors are opened regardless of master roof switch position?

Just checked.

Yes - the load compartment lights come on with the Rear Doors opened.

Local time
Reaction score
I was hoping they would correct that. It's very annoying when I open the car at night and all the butterflies and flies rush into the car :(
Yes. it is Barney you get a car full of insects all interior lights should be controlled by the overhead

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
Does someone mows whether the NATO plug at the rear works well after the update?
To be honest, I didn’t check it at all till now as I read here that it would not work till the software update is done.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
I was hoping they would correct that. It's very annoying when I open the car at night and all the butterflies and flies rush into the car :(
There must be a contact somewhere near the rear door. So it might be possible to cut the wire and add an additional, manual switch in between which one can operate from behind after opening the door. It could be 'off' by default and be switched 'on' if you need the light.

The drawback is that apart from switching on the light, the contact normally tells the car "ATTENTION: rear door is open". So such a message wouldn't anymore appear on the display if the switch has manually been set to set to "off".

However, have we ever had such messages in e.g. old Defenders ... ?

A bit more work but solving this problem is to connect such a switch just in front of the light and leave the wire at the contact as it is.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
There must be a contact somewhere near the rear door. So it might be possible to cut the wire and add an additional, manual switch in between which one can operate from behind after opening the door. It could be 'off' by default and be switched 'on' if you need the light.

The drawback is that apart from switching on the light, the contact normally tells the car "ATTENTION: rear door is open". So such a message wouldn't anymore appear on the display if the switch has manually been set to set to "off".

However, have we ever had such messages in e.g. old Defenders ... ?

A bit more work but solving this problem is to connect such a switch just in front of the light and leave the wire at the contact as it is.
How about putting some speed tape over the globe?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dropped my Gren off this morning for its long awaited software update. it Is also having a number of campaigns carried out. New radiator hose brackets, a re location of some hoses, addition of some additional nuts and bolts to reinforce something on the suspension or steering - can’t remember the exact works and a new transfer case. Mine was an early build, sub 700 vin.

Ive now got the dealers grenadier demo and I was most impressed with the steering. When you’re in your own car you’ve got nowt to compare it with and the demo steering set up lifted the driving experience no end. Zero play, was noticeably crisper turning in and manoeuvring. The dealer said they’d been adjusting the steering geometry on all the ones they’ve had back and that may explain it. It could be that the early ones just weren’t set up correctly. I also noticed that the headlights have a different handshake when locking / unlocking - they now illuminate the amber indicator light as well as the headlights when locking / unlocking. On mine, the headlights alone illuminated. Could be related to the latest software version but has anyone else noticed pre and post changes?

They will have the car all week so fingers crossed that all the niggles get sorted and I get it back with super slick steering ..

Karpi1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
steering ..
Funny you mention this I have an early build 1121, I had my software upgrade last week and can report everything is working as it should, no warning lights at all, no bongs, the car just feels a lot smoother and I’ve been thinking (pretty sure not just my imagination) the steering has been tinkered with as it’s just so now, perfectly tight. My grenadier both mechanically and electronically just feels polished to a standard where I’m completely happy with it as the warning lights and bongs were an annoyance however much I told myself they weren’t of consequence and the steering tweak has just added that little something to the experience. Overall I was really happy with it before as appreciate there may be upgrades needed being such an early build but it’s just excellent since I got the upgrade… long may it continue.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Funny you mention this I have an early build 1121, I had my software upgrade last week and can report everything is working as it should, no warning lights at all, no bongs, the car just feels a lot smoother and I’ve been thinking (pretty sure not just my imagination) the steering has been tinkered with as it’s just so now, perfectly tight. My grenadier both mechanically and electronically just feels polished to a standard where I’m completely happy with it as the warning lights and bongs were an annoyance however much I told myself they weren’t of consequence and the steering tweak has just added that little something to the experience. Overall I was really happy with it before as appreciate there may be upgrades needed being such an early build but it’s just excellent since I got the upgrade… long may it continue.
The loan car they’ve given me has over 8000 miles on it.. “smoother” as you say, sums up the difference. I’m quite looking forward to getting my own one back..

did you notice the difference in the lights when locking / unloacking?

Reactions: JOB

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dropped my Gren off this morning for its long awaited software update. it Is also having a number of campaigns carried out. New radiator hose brackets, a re location of some hoses, addition of some additional nuts and bolts to reinforce something on the suspension or steering - can’t remember the exact works and a new transfer case. Mine was an early build, sub 700 vin.

Ive now got the dealers grenadier demo and I was most impressed with the steering. When you’re in your own car you’ve got nowt to compare it with and the demo steering set up lifted the driving experience no end. Zero play, was noticeably crisper turning in and manoeuvring. The dealer said they’d been adjusting the steering geometry on all the ones they’ve had back and that may explain it. It could be that the early ones just weren’t set up correctly. I also noticed that the headlights have a different handshake when locking / unlocking - they now illuminate the amber indicator light as well as the headlights when locking / unlocking. On mine, the headlights alone illuminated. Could be related to the latest software version but has anyone else noticed pre and post changes?

They will have the car all week so fingers crossed that all the niggles get sorted and I get it back with super slick steering ..
The light thing you noticed is a setting in the menu. During the software update, some the menus have been reset to default. Ie my car beeps when I lock it now, whereas previously it didn’t. This and the lights can be adjusted in the menu.

I really hope they have adjusted the geometry which is great news. However, on my loaner I noticed the steering was lighter because the tyre pressures were a lot higher than mine.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The light thing you noticed is a setting in the menu. During the software update, some the menus have been reset to default. Ie my car beeps when I lock it now, whereas previously it didn’t. This and the lights can be adjusted in the menu.

I really hope they have adjusted the geometry which is great news. However, on my loaner I noticed the steering was lighter because the tyre pressures were a lot higher than mine.
What tyre pressure is the loan car and what were you running? I believe mine was 39 psi on delivery which I lowered I am generally not driving with a heavy load.

Karpi1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The loan car they’ve given me has over 8000 miles on it.. “smoother” as you say, sums up the difference. I’m quite looking forward to getting my own one back..

did you notice the difference in the lights when locking / unloacking?
I can’t say I noticed the lights before but it used to sporadically bing and bong when it was locked but that’s all gone. I now get the headlights followed by the orange lights then on a second press the orange ones then they go out.

Back
Top Bottom