The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Yes, definitely, my name sounds very Dutch :devilish: , soooo Dutch that a wine seller of my Dutch speaking village phoned me and tried to convince my wife (who picked up the phone) in French, to accept an invitation for a wine tasting evening.
My wife isn't French speaking, but she noticed the guy was a Dutch speaking Flemish. :ROFLMAO:
There you go
Even the locals are confused.
Even Max Verstappen, who is Belgian, thinks he is Dutch.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
There you go
Well, there is a way to know….As in Belgium we speak different languages, the trick is the greeting. If I am as a Flemish native in Brussels, I start with goedendag, Bonjour, and then I see what way it will go. But I don’t do this in the my own region. In the French speaking part of Belgium I just start in french.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And what about the "Sch'tis" / "Ch'tis" ?

Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
Have you considered that there seems to be one constant factor in all this.
YOU speak to a lot of different people and they all seem to react the same way>
Maybe they think you are Dutch.
As a Dutchman I felt that one ;)

Yes, definitely, my name sounds very Dutch :devilish: , soooo Dutch that a wine seller of my Dutch speaking village phoned me and tried to convince my wife (who picked up the phone) in French, to accept an invitation for a wine tasting evening.
My wife isn't French speaking, but she noticed the guy was a Dutch speaking Flemish. :ROFLMAO:
Well you name could be frisian ;)
Oke on second thought no way hahaha

Local time
Reaction score
There you go
As long as he is winning he is Dutch ;) we like him, we love him!
Pretty sure we pay more to him then the Belgium oww and we are the stingy bunch ;)

That is also the concept of Amsterdam in the old days everybody was welcome witches and all ;) this way we were always on the side who was winning :D

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi Trialmaster
Apologies if I came across in a negative manner. Definitely not intended. I always respect your views and know that you post on here a lot. I do understand that when paying out a large chunk of change, you want things to be right.
As early adopters, we are more prone to these issues despite the million miles of testing. I really do hope that Ineos sort out their communication problems. If they can manage that. Happy days all round.
Ex

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would think so, 1941 is probably the latest version prior to the update.
I got an email last night telling me that mine has been completed, good news.
Bad news, the long expected update has totally screwed the car up. The gateway module has gone permanently into shutdown! Bosch are sending someone over to try and sort it out but they think it will need a new module 😂
I would advise all of you to hold fire on the update until they give me an update.
DCPU can you copy this to the software update thread as well please.

From here:
Post in thread 'What software version on customer cars?' https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...ion-on-customer-cars.12412009/post-1333211881

• Love
Reactions: PBD

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
Man, this is turning into a real Monkey's Paw situation. "So, they don't want any more random bings or bongs, huh? Okay, here's yer update. Oh, it bricked the gateway module? You asked for silence, didn't you? Mission successful."

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Man, this is turning into a real Monkey's Paw situation. "So, they don't want any more random bings or bongs, huh? Okay, here's yer update. Oh, it bricked the gateway module? You asked for silence, didn't you? Mission successful."
Anyone any news on the software update?

WPP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
my dealer in Munich got the software update which would be installed in my Gren next week. They installed the new version in another car and after the update they couldn't start it anymore. We decided to keep mine with the old version for now :cool:

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone any news on the software update?

Local time
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
my dealer in Munich got the software update which would be installed in my Gren next week. They installed the new version in another car and after the update they couldn't start it anymore. We decided to keep mine with the old version for now :cool:
Ahh that is a feature call it anti theft :p

Back
Top Bottom