The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Firmware update

Quartermaster

Quatermaster Owner
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
Same here after 3.500 kms, but:
- some problems with the infotainment (e.g. fm radio not usable)
- harsh vibrations at 1.800 U/min engine speed (diesel)
- very loud "after dpf burn cool down" (diesel)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
I have read every article I could find. Google is set to find them for me. I've watched well over 150 videos on youtube, I always search you-tube first thing every morning for anything new in the last 24 hours. I definitely not pleased with complaints, like water in the cabin and on my celing. Why are these cars still making it out of the factory in this condition? For 100K USD I'n not looking for excuses. While my car is ordered, I want to see what owners say their issues and most importantly have they been fixed. I see very few. These cars have been out in the EU for several years still some with headaches.
On this Forum are many discussions this is from one post.

1. Squealing PS pump. Apparently some are off the charts.
2. Leaky doors/loose/incorrect door seals
3. Water intrusion from the skylights.
4. Stickie door latches
5. HVAC cycles thru its functions correctly.
6. excessive wind noise
7. Mystery rattling/noise caused apparently by loose wiring/cables in A pillar or underneath.
8. centered wheel.
9. Steering column. With the grenadier shut down turn the steering back and forth a few degrees. It should be silent, with no play. If there’s any knocking sound then it’s a new column for you.
10. Alignment and tire pressure.
11. The upper windshield trim, in the center, pops out a bit on some.
12. Confirm the pin in the t-case shifter isn't falling out already
13. Foot well water TSB https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/footwell-water-ingress-cabin-filter.12415588/#post-1333286773
-and that is my 2 cents.
So let's try to unpack your issues/greatest hits list and look at what are real issues that perhaps an NTSB case could help with OR a lawsuit would address.

1 - No
2 - Nope
3 - Nope
4 - You loco Senior
5 - nope, 6 - you must be joking - 7 define a national standard for wind noise.
7, 8, 9, 10, 11 - nope, nada, no, are you kidding me, nope,
The rest - nope, nada etc.

Good luck with your class action lawsuit too - a judge would laugh all of these issues and there is not national standard to hold the company to on issue like 'wind noise.' I have no doubt though you will find an attorney to tell you that this is a bigger case than the one against Phillip Morris and collect a fee from you.

In full disclosure - I walked away from my custom spec'd Grenadier back in January. My issues were around only the turning radius, 1 zone of climate for entire car, no lock control button for all the doors other than a single control of the drivers door, and a couple other minor issues my wife and I were not fans of (keep mama happy). In hindsight I could probably have lived with all of them beyond the container ship like turning radius. But know there are a few tinkerers from Belgium and the UK on this site that probably already have the engineering plans and hundreds of picture ready for folks to start forging their own steering components from locally found ingots.

Since that time - Ive looked at many other vehicles and on EVERYONE you can find issues. Based on your list above - Jeep should be out of business. The emotional side of me kicks myself every day for not buying the vehicle and I'm anxious to see what will be addressed for '25. For a new car - hell for a new car company - Jim and team knocked this one out of the park. I'm on a Lexus forum reading about the new GX and (wait for it) lots of minor issues there as well on arguably the top car maker on the planet.

You do what you want - but since I was in your shoes 8 months ago - you should walk away as I can see from your messages that this will eat you alive if you see a single rubber trim piece not aligned perfectly.

Why put yourself through that.

Last edited:

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
On this Forum are many discussions this is from one post.

1. Squealing PS pump. Apparently some are off the charts.
2. Leaky doors/loose/incorrect door seals
3. Water intrusion from the skylights.
4. Stickie door latches
5. HVAC cycles thru its functions correctly.
6. excessive wind noise
7. Mystery rattling/noise caused apparently by loose wiring/cables in A pillar or underneath.
8. centered wheel.
9. Steering column. With the grenadier shut down turn the steering back and forth a few degrees. It should be silent, with no play. If there’s any knocking sound then it’s a new column for you.
10. Alignment and tire pressure.
11. The upper windshield trim, in the center, pops out a bit on some.
12. Confirm the pin in the t-case shifter isn't falling out already
13. Foot well water TSB https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/footwell-water-ingress-cabin-filter.12415588/#post-1333286773
-and that is my 2 cents.
Most of those issues are MY23 or MY23.5 and are not present on MY24 or have TSBs for them.

J&J

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
I’ve had my Gren since January and absolutely love the wagon. I also have enjoyed reading all the posts. I hope those with issues continue to share their remedies and experiences since this forum can offer knowledge to the group. I can say with confidence that this Grenadier will be with me for over a decade and I’m very happy with the purchase….. chalk me up as a happy owner.

Back
Top Bottom