The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Besides the ADAS and Start/Stop remember-my-settings wish (certainly for us in NA), what other things would you want to see in a software update?

Thus far...
* The volume increments could certainly be improved - just go to a bigger scale (0-100, 0-20, etc.). That way the steps become much smaller and thus more precise.
* I don't know if/how software affects the HVAC but it's been well established that it is tempermental at best.
* More accurate fuel gage and DTE calculator
* Ability to reset maintenance reminder

What else?

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Besides the ADAS and Start/Stop remember-my-settings wish (certainly for us in NA), what other things would you want to see in a software update?

Thus far...
* The volume increments could certainly be improved - just go to a bigger scale (0-100, 0-20, etc.). That way the steps become much smaller and thus more precise.
* I don't know if/how software affects the HVAC but it's been well established that it is tempermental at best.

What else?

The Carplay interface is glitchy.
When you go from reverse to drive, the reverse camera stays too long, rendering any other functions inoperative.
The HVAC, as you mentioned.
When you go to XM radio, it won't start playing until you go to a different channel and then return to the one you were on.
I have more, I need to do some more QC today, and I'll report back.

********** It is a good idea, though, to get a list together.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thus far...

What else?pometer on main screen next to odometer.

Thus far...

What else?
Reset-able trip odometer on main screen next to odometer.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Use the full screen for the reverse camera. Do we really need to know the speed backing up?
Agreed - but part of me worries that cannot be changed because of legislation. Speculation on my part, but seems to make sense.

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score

Thus far...

What else?
Amber turn signals (rear)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can we swap out for the ambers in the US?
I'm pretty sure there's not a physical difference, but rather the software alters the output color.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thus far...

What else?

I’d like a consistent set of “sounds” for the turn signal - at any given turn it goes from ticking to light gong to heavy gong to static gong as if the speaker has broken. Clearly software related. I’d be happy with the old fashion tick - tick - tick.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's not a physical difference, but rather the software alters the output color.
I was thinking about this last night actually.... If the taillights are wired in a traditional way (12v signal comes in, light turns on; vs. data signal comes in, light turns on), then there is another level of options.

Either, it is purely software (it is programmed to activate the brake light circuit instead of the RoW turn signal circuit) and subsequently has the wiring already in place between the taillights and body control module; or there is also the hardware change to remove the added wiring (some VW/Audi models do this). Or option C, it is both a software/wiring change and a different taillight part number that omits the amber LEDs entirely.

Ideally, someone in the US just needs to pop a taillight out and compare it to the RoW taillight that has already been posted, and check the pin voltages during each light operation; if no one has tackled it in the next 6-8 weeks, I'm more than happy to do it when mine arrives

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night actually.... If the taillights are wired in a traditional way (12v signal comes in, light turns on; vs. data signal comes in, light turns on), then there is another level of options.

Either, it is purely software (it is programmed to activate the brake light circuit instead of the RoW turn signal circuit) and subsequently has the wiring already in place between the taillights and body control module; or there is also the hardware change to remove the added wiring (some VW/Audi models do this). Or option C, it is both a software/wiring change and a different taillight part number that omits the amber LEDs entirely.

Ideally, someone in the US just needs to pop a taillight out and compare it to the RoW taillight that has already been posted, and check the pin voltages during each light operation; if no one has tackled it in the next 6-8 weeks, I'm more than happy to do it when mine arrives
I assumed that it is software related because of the trailer wiring change required for the US market.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I assumed that it is software related because of the trailer wiring change required for the US market.
Definitely software has an involvement in it, I'm not sure if that is the only change though. I'm sure this stuff will get figured out eventually by the aftermarket, but since it is still new and fairly low volume vehicle, the push to have people figure these things out is minimal; especially when you factor in that this change/concern only exists for a small group of North American owners and no where else in the world

AwestinTX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score

Thus far...

What else?
These are good lists. I've found that the Hill Hold is very inconsistent as well. Would love to see that updated.

Also - has anyone had the Start Stop delete stay illuminated after restarting the car or just me? It's happened three times now.

Back
Top Bottom